Deja Vu - Sookai

Hueningkai giggled as he leaned forward to wipe off the slightly melted strawberry ice cream in the corner of Soobin's upturned lips. "You're such a messy eater." He picked up a tissue from underneath their shared ice cream and continued wiping off the pink liquid. "I'm not a baby." Soobin laughed, taking the tissue from Hueningkai. "You sure act like one." Hueningkai sat back into his seat. "Oh yeah? If I'm such a baby, feed me." Soobin spoke snobbily with a sneaky smile before he opened his mouth.

Hueningkai jokingly hit Soobin's shoulder. "Fine." He rolled his eyes, picking up his spoon and taking a huge chunk of the pink ice cream. He fed his boyfriend with a soft smile. "Tastes even better when I'm fed by you." Soobin smiled which caused Hueningkai to blush. "What? Are you shy? Don't be shy!"

"I'm not shy!" Hueningkai crossed his arms. Soobin smiled as he got up. He left money under the bill and helped his boyfriend get up. "I can get up by myself." Hueningkai spoke with a smile. "I know. I just wanted to hold your hand." Hueningkai's eyes widened. "You're so cute when you're shy." Soobin looked forward with a smile while Hueningkai's eyes focused on their intertwined hands. "How has this trip to America been? I booked it for you." They walked to Soobin's car with comfortable small talk. "It's been good. I'm here with you, that makes everything 10 times better... I would like to go to Malibu though, I heard the sunset there is amazing."

"Okay! We'll go there now then!"

"What? Now?" Soobin started sprinting to his car, practically dragging a laughing Hueningkai. "Of course, why not?" They entered his open roof car and Soobin started driving. "How did you find out about the sunset?" Soobin asked as he drove, the wind in his gelled back black hair. "When you asked me to join you on this trip, I did lots of research." Soobin laughed. "Fan behaviour much?" Hueningkai rolled his eyes with a smile. "Oh yeah, does your radio work?"

"Sure, wanna play something?" Hueningkai nodded as he connected his phone to the aux. "Uptown girl, she's been living in her uptown world, I bet she's never had a backstreet guy, I bet her momma never told her why~" The radio lowly played. "Billy Joel? I'm gonna try for an uptown girl she's been living in her white-bred world. As long as anyone with hot blood can And now she's looking for a downtown man, that's what I am~" Soobin happily sang as he turned up the radio. Hueningkai laughed before he joined Soobin, they sang in harmony.

*****

The sun was beginning to set and Hueningkai had found a perfect place on a cliff to watch the sunset. He and Soobin had switched jackets at the request of Soobin because "Your jacket is cooler than mine." Hueningkai rested his head on Soobin's shoulder as Soobin played Uptown Girl on his guitar and Hueningkai sang. "She'll say I'm not so tough, Just because I'm in love with an~"

"I love you" Hueningkai was caught off guard but he tried to hide it. "U- Uptown girl, she's been living in her white bread world. A- as long as anyone with hot blood can and now she's looking for a downtown man. That's what I am.~" Soobin stopped playing and lifted up Hueningkai's face. "You look stupid with my jacket." Hueningkai said, laughing. "Oh, come on. You're ruining the mood." Soobin laughed before he leaned in for a kiss. Hueningkai quickly kissed back, happy and at peace. It was the kiss of a lifetime under the orange and pink sunset. "Hueningkai I-"

"Hueningkai."

"Kai." Hueningkai looked away from the cliff where his ex boyfriend sat with a girl and turned his head towards his friend. "Y- yes Beomgyu?"

"Is the spot you wanted to show me?" Hueningkai stared at Soobin who sat on the cliff, a girl's head resting on his shoulder as he played Uptown Girl on his guitar and she sang. The orange and pink sunset wasn't a place of peace anymore. "Just because I'm in love with an-" "I love you." Hueningkai tried to hold back his tears as he heard what he thought was their special moment, shared between them. "I love you too." She smiled, feeding him some strawberry ice cream. "You look really good in pink. It's a shame it's so small for you." She laughed and Hueningkai realised that the pastel pink jacket Soobin wore belonged to her.

"You're such a messy eater." She wiped his mouth with her sleeve before Soobin got up and helped her up. "I don't need help to get up Soobinnie." She laughed and he said exactly what Hueningkai thought he would. "I know. I just wanted to hold your hand." Hueningkai couldn't hold his tears back anymore. "N- no. This is the wrong place. Can we go? Please?" Beomgyu noticed something off about Hueningkai but he ignored it. "Sure Hyuka."

Hueningkai started to sob and Beomgyu tried to figure out the problem but Hueningkai wouldn't tell him. He tried to comfort his sobbing friend but it wasn't working at all. Hueningkai wiped his tears as he thought: Did he get deja vu when he was with her? Did she really think that she was special? That was their place and he found it first. She probably brags to all her friends about how unique Soobin is but she didn't know that he did all those stuff with him.

Hueningkai knew that Soobin got deja vu when he was with her.

=====
Requested by Sookai_Crumbs, hope this was good enough <3 The back story to why they broke up is because Soobin chose to stay in America after their and Hueningkai had to go back to Korea and then Kai came back to relive his memories and that's when he found Soobin so yeah lmao