In Another Life (Part 1) - Yeontae

1988
"Everyone partner up!! Girls with girls and boys with boys!!" Taehyun stood in the middle of the hall, watching everyone partner up with their friends. "We'll be learning how to ball room dance today so you'll need a partner!!" Taehyun's teacher shouted again. "Umm hey, do you have a partner?" Taehyun heard someone say, he turned around and was met with a handsome, blonde haired boy. "No... I don't have a partner, do you wanna be mine?" "Sure." The blonde said with a heart warming smile, Taehyun smiled back.

Taehyun moved around sloppily, tripping on the blondes feet and falling over. "Are you okay?" The blonde asked out stretching his hand to help him up. "Yeah... haha.." He got up, awkwardly holding onto the blonde's hand. "Okay, how about we try this, step on me." (👀) "What- Isn't that gonna hurt???" "Just put your feet on mine, I'll tell you if it hurts, okay?" Taehyun nodded, stepping onto the boy's feet with uncertainty. "You see? It doesn't hurt." Taehyun let out a soft giggle.

Taehyun held onto the boy's hand as he moved around elegantly in tune with the slow music, there was a sort of harshness to him, like he was someone who shouldn't be underestimated. Am I falling in love with a boy? The warmth between them grew more powerful by the second. Taehyun's heartbeat was growing steadily along with it. Even though their dance didn't look perfect, Taehyun felt like everything in this moment was perfect.

"What's your name? I'm Choi Yeonjun, 12th grade." The blonde said smiling at Taehyun. "Uh.. I'm Kang Taehyun... umm, 11th grade." Yeonjun nodded, smiling softly, looking at their feet to hide his flushed face.

***

Taehyun stood in the middle of field next to his friends, smiling and laughing, he couldn't help but feel a pair of eyes lingering on him. He turned around and was met by Yeonjun's eyes. Yeonjun hastily looked up, smiling and waving at Taehyun. Taehyun smiled and waved back. "It has been brought to our attention that the HIV and AIDS virus has been spreading around, particularly amongst gays." The teacher said into a microphone, the loud words silencing all the chattering students.

"So to fix this problem, we'll need all the homosexuals to step out." The teacher said looking at the crowd of students. "Come on, don't be shy." Taehyun looked around seeing some of the gay students getting pushed out of the crowd by people. He heard students shout slurs at the students. Faggot. Nancy. Fag. Twink. Taehyun gulped, looking around at the students. The students got handcuffed and pushed into cars like they were criminal.

"Anymore homos in the crowd?" The teacher said letting out a snicker. "This is for the better, go to the conversion camp now and you don't have to suffer for the rest of your life... No one else? Okay then, this meeting is over." The teacher said snapping his fingers and leaving. Soon after that the cars with the students in were leaving. Taehyun was outraged, how could they treat human beings like that? He let out a sigh of relief but he couldn't shake off the feeling of fear. If anyone finds out...

***

Taehyun walked to school slowly, kicking some rocks and letting out big sighs. "What's up?" He heard a familiar voice ask. Taehyun turned around looking at Yeonjun on his motorbike. "Nothing..." "Are you sure? You can tell me anything?" Yeonjun said in soft voice. "No.. no. It's nothing.." "Promise?" Yeonjun asked putting out his pinky finger. "Promise." Taehyun said putting his small, soft finger around Yeonjun's big, rough finger. "Want a ride?" Taehyun nodded getting onto the bike.

"Wait- where are you going?" Taehyun asked. "You missed the turn!" "I know~ I want to show you something." Yeonjun said in a singsong type of way. "But we're going to be late?" "Who cares." Yeonjun said shrugging. "But-" "Should I turn around?" Yeonjun asked halting at the side of the road. "I- no... missing school once won't do much harm, right?" Taehyun asked looking at Yeonjun with expectancy. Yeonjun nodded. Starting the bike again and driving.

***

"We're here~" Yeonjun said smiling, holding onto Taehyun's hand, helping him get off the bike. "What do you think?" Birds sang sweetly, the sun shone through the spaces of the trees, lighting up the dirt path that was decorated with outgrown roots, wildflowers and fallen leaves that crunch underneath their feet. "Wow, it's... amazing." Taehyun said, his eyes lighting up like a child on christmas. He ran through the path, still holding Yeonjun's hand ultimately dragging him. He was met with a beautiful waterfall. "Wow, how did you find this place?" Taehyun asked excitedly.

"My mom used to take me here as a kid..." Yeonjun said admiring Taehyun's beautiful, bright smile. Taehyun's tan skin glistened underneath the sunlight and his eyes were filled with curiosity and excitement. Taehyun seemed unreal... like an illusion. He was too perfect for this horrid world. Yeonjun smiled, softly holding onto Taehyun's other hand. Taehyun looked at his hands before looking at Yeonjun with curiosity.

"Happiness seeps into me when you're around, Taehyun. I wish I could tell you exactly how I feel, just saying 'I love you' isn't enough, most of my feelings would still not be expressed. I long for you Taehyun, I long to see your face, I long to hear your voice. Just thinking about you makes my day better. Do you... feel the same..?"

Taehyun looked at Yeonjun smiling softly and caressing his cheek. "Of course I do." Taehyun softly brushed Yeonjun's bottom lip with his thumb, staring into his eyes before joining their lips together. Taehyun let out a soft moan as Yeonjun nibbled on his bottom lip. "If you want me to stop, tell me.." Yeonjun said in a whisper, he softly started sucking on Taehyun's neck leaving behind red marks. Taehyun pulled on Yeonjun's silky hair before pulling him into another kiss.

Yeonjun's tongue slips into Taehyun's mouth, gentle but demanding, Taehyun smiles into the kiss as he let's out a soft,

"You taste like honey."

===
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) there's no smut 😈