Chapter two

TW: Mentions of death

"Where is the diamond?" the voice asks. Vera is sure she has heard that voice before but has no idea where it's from.

"What diamond? Get out of my house. Get out!" Vera's father demands while yelling.

The unknown man chuckles at him quite evilly. "We do not have time for your yelling, Muggle. Now, tell me where the diamond is. It is obviously here or at least has been here before, we can feel its energy" the voice states. Diamond? What diamond? There's no diamond here.

Confused about what to do, Vera decides to quietly go down the stairs. Of course, she wasn't quiet enough. "Who is there? Show yourself!" the voice demands in a threatening tone.

"Vera! Call the police!" her father yells.

Vera searches for her phone in her pockets but realises that she left it upstairs. "Damn it!" she says, frustrated. Before she can even blink, she is forced into the living room by an unknown force. It's almost like someone's using magic.

"Great, a teenage Muggle! You lot are wasting our time! Tell us where the diamond is! NOW!" the voice from before somewhat calmly yells, sounding irritated.

Vera finally takes a look at the people in the living room. Her parents are sitting on the couch - her mother is scared while her father looks angry.

There isn't just one unknown man, there are three of them. They are all wearing the same odd clothing while two of them are wearing the same masks.

Vera takes a look at the guy who's been talking like a lunatic about some diamond this entire time. He's holding a cane with a snake head in his hand. He has blonde, well-kept, long hair and grey eyes which are piercing through her soul. He looks quite intimidating.

Wait a minute. Vera feels like she has seen this man before. Where has she seen him before? She also recognises his voice, but from where? What was that word he used, Muggle? What in the love of Gene Kelly does that mean? And why does it somehow sound familiar?

Her train of thoughts is interrupted by one of the other men. "Let us just kill them and find the diamond ourselves! Like you said, we are wasting our time!" he snaps.

Sighing, the long-haired blonde man turns to the masked man who is slightly taller than the other one. "Calm down, Dolohov. We need information. It will be easier for us to actually get the diamond if they just give it to us. That is, if they are willing to cooperate" he says as he raises an eyebrow at Vera.

Dolohov? What kind of a name is that? "Dolohov? Why does that sound like a name for a Harry Potter character?" Vera questions while laughing a bit, clearly joking.

That caught the attention of the blonde man. "Harry Potter? Do you know Harry Potter?" he asks, looking at her like she doesn't know what she's saying.

"Well, of course, everybody has heard about it. I don't like it, though, so don't ask me anything about it" she says while shrugging.

The blonde man looks puzzled by Vera's statement. Why would she mention Harry Potter as "it"? How has she even heard about him in this dimension?

"For Salazar's sake! We are wasting our time!!" the masked man, whose name is apparently Dolohov, exclaims while yelling. He's clearly furious and frustrated. So is the blonde man, but so is Vera. What is going on? Who are these people? And what's up with that freaking diamond that they apparently want?!

Wait a minute. Why would he be confused about her knowing about Harry Potter? And it's almost like he was referring to knowing the boy personally. But Harry Potter isn't real, right?

Wait. It suddenly hits Vera where she has seen that guy from, why his voice sounds familiar. He's from the Harry Potter movies!

She thinks about that one time Y/N made her watch ALL the damn movies. She barely remembers any of the people or what the plot was as she may or may not have fallen asleep while they were watching them.

And she honestly can't remember the name of the guy with the cane and blonde hair. But if these people are from Harry Potter, and they are clearly real, does that mean Harry Potter is real, too?

Vera takes a few steps back. "Look, we don't have any diamond here. So j-just go! L-leave our house!" she slowly stammers.

The two masked men burst out laughing while the blonde man chuckles to himself. "Ah, Muggles. So funny. You think you can give us orders, hmm? How bold of you to assume such foolish thing. The diamond has obviously been here, so you better tell us where it is!" he says as he taps the floor with his cane.

Finally having enough, her father punches the blonde man hard in the face. "Vera, run! And call the damn police!" he yells to his daughter.

Stumbling back, Vera runs for the door. One of the masked men says something weird while pointing something at Vera that she doesn't see, but she thankfully dodges in time. She yanks the door open and keeps running.

Meanwhile at her house, the blonde man rubs his face as it hurts. He finally loses his patience and gives an angry sigh. "Stupefy" he casually says while pointing what was before a part of his cane at Vera's parents. They immediately fall unconscious on the couch.

"Stupid Muggles! Let us search the house!" he says while gritting his teeth. "I will take the living room, you two take the rooms upstairs!" he states as he looks at the two others. Nodding, Dolohov and the other masked man get to work.

Unfortunately for them, their one hour long search is in vain. "The diamond is clearly not here! Why in the world of Salazar Slytherin is this place giving off the energy of the diamond?!" Dolohov basically screams.

"Relax, it has most likely been here before. We must continue our search. If we do not return with the diamond today, then the Dark Lord will punish us. And frankly, me more than you two" the blonde man says as he glares at the masked men.

Sighing, the three men disappear from the house in a black smoke.