Chapter twelve

TW: Mentions of death and kidnapping

The Order discusses what to do now. They come up with an idea - however, it's risky.

"So it is decided. Y/N will come to Hogwarts pretending to be a transfer student where Remus, Severus and Minerva will help her train her powers. Of course, it is a risky decision as Lucius Malfoy's son will most likely tell his father if he sees her. But it is our only choice. We will have to keep an eye on Draco Malfoy which means that Y/N will be in Gryffindor so that Mr. Potter, Ms. Granger and the Weasley children can keep her safe" Dumbledore declares to the rest of the Order. Everybody nods in agreement.

"What about her friends?" Mrs. Weasley asks, concerned.

Dumbledore gives her a sad smile. "They will have to stay here as people would get suspicious if there were suddenly three new students all in Gryffindor" Dumbledore explains. Mrs. Weasley nods at that, understanding.

"Should I go and get them?" Black offers.

"Yes, Sirius. Go and bring them so we can tell them our decision" Dumbledore says as he agrees. Black then rises from his chair and leaves the dining room.

As he enters the living room, he's met by his smiling godson. "Sirius, it worked! Y/N just used her powers to levitate one of the chairs!" Harry exclaims, happy.

Black smiles at him. "That is fantastic to hear, Harry. It will be useful if she already knows how to use her powers. Now, come with me to the dining room. We have reached a decision what to do" he states to the teenagers. Everybody rises from their chairs and follows Black.

As they leave the living room to enter the dining room, Y/N leans a bit into Laura. "Hey, Laura, Snape doesn't know that he's my favourite character, right?" she questions, hopeful.

Laura gives a nervous laugh. "Um, yeah. He kind of does" she says as she quickly looks away. Y/N looks at her, shocked.

As they enter the room, they all join the Order and sit down. "We have decided that Y/N will join us at Hogwarts where Professor Snape, Professor Lupin and Professor McGonagall will help her train her powers. She will pretend to be a transfer student who has been sorted into Gryffindor and will attend classes with you" Dumbledore states as he looks at the Trio.

"But, sir, she could get killed! She could get kidnapped!" Hermione exclaims. It's apparently worse to get kidnapped than killed.

Dumbledore's eyes sparkle. "Do not worry. Remember, Voldemort needs her alive. Besides, she will be with you three all the time" he reassures them. Snape tries his best not to scream as the pain hits his left arm.

"I am afraid you two will have to stay here as people will get suspicious if there's suddenly three new transfer students in Gryffindor" Dumbledore then says as he gives a sad smile to Laura and Vera. Their eyes widen.

"Are you serious?" Vera asks, surprised.

Black can't help but comment. "No, I am Sirius" he says in a joking tone as he winks. Everybody groans at that. Ugh, not that joke.

Lupin clears his throat. "We should probably get going. Dinner starts soon" he says as he rises from his chair. They all nod and rise from their chairs, too. Y/N, Snape, Lupin, Dumbledore, Ginny, the twins and the Trio leave as everybody else stays at Grimmauld Place.

Before they do so, Vera and Laura hug Y/N. "Please be careful, Y/N" Vera says, concerned for her friend.

"Yeah, I'm worried. Especially since Draco's there and can contact Lucius" Laura says as she looks worried.

Y/N just smiles at them. "Don't worry, guys. I can take care of myself. But if it helps you relax, just remember that Harry and the others will be with me all the time" she says, reassuring them. Nodding, they wave goodbye to each other. The ten people then apparate to Hogsmeade.

When they are inside Hogwarts, they all enter the Great Hall as all the students and even the professors look at the newcomers curiously. Dumbledore, Lupin and Snape take their seats at the staff table while the Trio, Y/N and the rest of the Weasleys head to the Gryffindor table.

Dumbledore gains everybody's attention. "Good evening. You all may wonder why there is a new face here. Y/N Y/L/N is a transfer student and will attend Hogwarts. She has already been sorted into Gryffindor. I sincerely hope you will all help make her feel welcomed" the Headmaster says as he raises his glass and smiles.

Y/N instantly looks down at her hands in her lap while her cheeks burn with embarrassment. She knows that people have to know, but did Dumbledore absolutely have to divert the attention to her? However, she can't help but question how he knows her last name. Well, Dumbledore truly knows everything.

After a moment of silence as everybody looks in the direction of Y/N, the feast begins. They all eat while Y/N is introduced to the rest of the Gryffindors.

"Hello, I'm Dean Thomas. And these are my friends, Seamus Finnigan and Neville Longbottom" Dean says as he introduces the other boys while Neville gives her a shy smile.

Y/N gives a shy smile, too. "Nice to meet you all. I'm Y/N Y/L/N" she says as she shyly introduces herself.

She can't help but notice Luna Lovegood sitting at the Gryffindor table. "Pleasure to meet you, my name is Luna Lovegood. I'm a Ravenclaw, but I often sit here at the Gryffindor table as all my friends are here" the girl says, giving a dream-like smile.

"Nice to meet you too, Luna" Y/N says as she smiles back.

Halfway through dinner, Y/N can't help but feel like someone is staring at her. As she looks to the Slytherin table, she sees that Draco Malfoy is indeed staring at her. Feeling uncomfortable, she quickly looks away and turns her attention to the food on her plate.

As she continues to eat, she can't help but take a glance at Snape every few seconds. He knows. He knows that he's her favourite character. Y/N prays that he hasn't been using Legilimency on her. That would be embarrassing.

Catching her staring at him, Snape gives her a smirk. Y/N notices and quickly looks away, blushing.

As the feast comes to an end, everybody goes to their house common rooms. The Trio, Ginny, Y/N and the twins sit on the couches in the Gryffindor common room as they chat.

Harry looks at Y/N. "Hey, Y/N. Are you all right? You seemed tense at dinner" he says, concerned.

Sighing, she decides to tell them. "I caught Draco Malfoy staring at me. It kind of freaked me out" Y/N admits. Everybody's eyes widen. Does he already know?

"Let's hope that he won't contact his father. I mean, he can't get into Hogwarts without the teachers knowing, right?" Ron questions as he gulps. Everyone is in deep thought. Could someone really show up undetected at Hogwarts?

Feeling tired, they all decide to head to bed. Y/N stays in Hermione's dorm. She takes a quick shower, brushes her teeth and puts some pyjamas on that Hermione has lent to her. She crawls into bed and falls asleep. She has nightmares that night.