Chapter twenty

TW: Mentions of death, sexual activity and torture

When everyone's done with eating their breakfast, Narcissa breaks the rather tense silence as she looks at Draco. "Draco, dear, you should go to school. Your first lesson will be starting soon" she tells her son.

She then turns to look at Snape. "Since you will leave to teach, can you apparate Draco with you, Severus?" Narcissa asks the Potions Master politely.

Snape gives a loud sigh. "I am afraid I cannot do that. I will take a day off since I have a headache" he admits.

Narcissa then glares at Lucius who is looking at a very interesting-looking painting to avoid her eyes. Narcissa gives an annoyed huff. "I guess I will apparate him myself, then. Come on, Draco" she says as she motions for the boy to follow her.

Before they leave the dining room, Narcissa turns to look at Y/N. "Will you be all right with them, sweetheart?" she asks, referring to Lucius, Snape, Bellatrix and Dolohov. Y/N slowly nods. Narcissa and Draco then leave the Manor to apparate to Hogwarts.

When they are gone, there is an awkward silence. Lucius coughs a few times. "How about we take Y/N to the living room, Severus?" he asks Snape so they can take her away from Bellatrix and Dolohov.

Nodding, the two men rise up from their chairs and motion for Y/N to do the same. She does so and follows the two Slytherins men to the living room.

As they go to sit on the couches, Lucius looks at them both. "I will go and tell the house elves to make us some tea. I do not trust Wormtail as he is an absolutely terrible tea maker" he states. As they both nod, Lucius leaves the room.

Snape turns to look at Y/N. "I guess I was right. Green does indeed suit you" he drawls as he smirks at her. Blushing, she stammers a shy "thank you".

Snape then unconsciously rolls up his sleeves as it's a bit hot in the living room. Y/N can't help but stare at the Dark Mark on his left arm. She had almost forgotten about the tattoo of the snake coming out of a skull.

She gulps. "D-does it hurt?" she finds the courage to ask.

Snape sighs. "Not right now. But when people, like that old fool to Dumbledore, say the Dark Lord's name, then it does. Quite badly" he says in an irritated tone as he thinks of the pain.

Y/N looks at him with sympathy. "I'm sorry to hear that. I understand why you would hate Harry Potter and Dumbledore every time they say his name. I know that I don't know how it feels, but I can only imagine" she says as she gives him a shy but sympathetic smile.

Snape nods a "thanks" as he feels grateful, even though he doesn't need her pity.

Y/N suddenly starts to unconsciously caress his tattooed arm. He immediately grabs her wrist. "Do not. We cannot have you wanting the Dark Mark, can we?" he asks in a sarcastic tone as he stops her. It was beginning to feel a bit too intimate for Snape. Besides, Lucius could return any minute.

Y/N simply shakes her head while she slowly retrieves her arm, blushing as she feels a bit embarrassed by her own action. Meanwhile, Snape gives her an amused smirk.

Lucius then comes back with three cups of tea. "It is not Cissy's tea, but it is still quite good. I hope you were not bored as you have been waiting" he says.

Both Snape and Y/N shake their heads no. He hands them their drink and sits down between them. They all sip their tea in comfortable silence.

As she thinks about the Dark Mark, Y/N is suddenly reminded that she didn't wash off Dolohov's touch from last night. Feeling quite icky, she looks at Lucius. "Um, is it possible that I can take a shower?" she slowly asks, quite shy.

Lucius smirks at her. "Of course. I will show you the way" he says to her. They both rise from their seats and leave Snape alone in the living room.

Not long after, they are standing outside the bathroom. "Here we are. Do take your time, darling" Lucius says as he gives her a seductive smirk.

Blushing, Y/N mutters a shy "thank you" and locks the door after she enters the bathroom. She takes a somewhat long shower as she scrubs her body clean from last night.

While she's taking a shower, Lucius and Snape are having a conversation. About work, Lucius' family, Death Eater stuff. And Y/N. "So, you were sleeping in the same room as Y/N, hmm? Did you share the bed?" Lucius questions his friend.

Snape rolls his eyes at him. "Of course we did. Where else did you think I slept, on the floor?" he asks in a sarcastic tone as he raises an eyebrow.

Lucius chuckles. "Come on, Severus. Where do you think I am going with this? Did anything happen last night? You were a bit tipsy, so were Dolohov and I" he says, hoping he finally gets the hint.

Snape sighs. Does he think that he slept with the girl? "Nothing happened, all we did was sleep next to each other. If you do not believe me, see for yourself. My Occlumency walls are down for you to see my memory" he offers.

Lucius is thinking about whether or not to take up on his offer. However, he believes his friend and decides to not enter his mind.

"No need to. I believe you, my friend. I was just curious. I know I would probably not be able to resist if it was me" Lucius says as he laughs which earns him a glare from Snape.

Lucius raises an eyebrow at that. "Really, Severus? Do not tell me you have not seen the way she looks at me. You should have seen her when we found her in her Muggle home, she was struggling whether she wanted to fight me or kiss me" he says, feeling very smug.

Snape rolls his eyes. He does know that Y/N has a crush on both of them since he used Legilimency on Laura. However, Lucius is acting a bit too confident right now.

When Y/N is done with her shower, she dries her hair and body and then puts on the dress that Narcissa gave her this morning as well as the cloak that Snape put on her last night.

She does not want to ask Lucius for some new clothes while just in a towel. She likes the dress, anyway. It might be a bit too big on her but it's not too much. And thankfully, the dress is green which is her favourite colour. Snape did compliment the colour on her, after all.

As she leaves the bathroom to go back to the living room, she sees Bellatrix on her way. The woman is staring at Y/N like she's considering to torture the girl to death. However, Bellatrix then turns around and reenters the dining room. Y/N can't help but wonder when the Order will come to save her.