Chapter twenty-one

Y/N returns to the living where Snape and Lucius are still talking. She can't help but notice that they are staring at her. She decides to sit down between them. "So, did you enjoy your shower?" Lucius asks, giving her a smirk.

Y/N blushes at that. "Yes, I did. Thank you, Lu- Mr. Malfoy" she says to him. She was about to call him Lucius, she however thought to be more polite and therefore called him by his last name. Anything else would just be weird, right?

After a moment, Y/N can't help but feel a bit bored. Maybe some reading will help? "May I read a book, Mr. Malfoy?" she asks Lucius, polite yet shy.

He smiles at her. "Of course you may. We will be right back with a book, Severus" he says as he looks at Snape who nods at that. The two of them then leave the room.

As they are about to enter the library, they spot Narcissa who has just returned from Hogwarts. She gives them a smile before she enters the dining room.

Lucius and Y/N then enter the library. "So, anything in particular you would like to read?" he questions her.

Y/N thinks for a while. "Um, you wouldn't happen to have anything in the fantasy genre, would you?" she shyly asks, hopeful.

Deep in thought, Lucius goes to grab a book from one of the shelves. "This one is quite interesting. I think you will like it" he says as he hands her the book.

She gives him a shy smile. "Thank you, Mr. Malfoy" she simply says.

Lucius gives her a charming and seductive smile. "Just call me Lucius, darling" he purrs. Y/N blushes at that as her cheeks turn a bright red colour. She merely gives him a shy nod.

They then leave to join Snape once again on the couches in the living room. Both men look at her while she reads the book. Lucius was right, this book is quite interesting.

However, the peace is short-lived as there is suddenly lots of noise.

"What in Salazar's name is going on out there?" Lucius loudly asks, surprised.

"No idea. Maybe we should go and check it out?" Snape suggests. Lucius is in deep thought. Should they both go and check it out and just leave the girl alone?

Lucius then gently takes Y/N's arm as he slowly lifts her up from the couch. "Change of plan, darling. We will have to lock you up in a nearby room while we go and check out what in the Wizarding World is destroying the peace of my Manor" he tells her. They all then leave the living room.

As they reach for a guest bedroom, Lucius gently shoves Y/N in there. "Do not worry, we will be right back" he reassures her as he locks her in there.

As they are about to check out the noise, Snape can't help but question his friend. "Did you really just call her darling, Lucius?" he asks while raising an eyebrow at him.

Lucius chuckles at that. "Ah, yes, Severus. I have done that quite a few times. Besides, I might as well call her that since I stole her first kiss" he says as he smirks.

Snape is shocked. Did Lucius actually kiss Y/N? "How did it happen?" he questions him curiously, intrigued.

Lucius just keeps smirking at him. "Let us just say that I had to distract her. Now, come on. We have to stop this terrible noise" he says as they continue to walk.

It turns out that the noise comes from the dining room. When they enter the room, they are not only met by Narcissa, Bellatrix and Dolohov pointing their wands - but also who they are pointing them at.

There in the dining room are some of the members of the Order - Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin.

Lucius turns around a bit. No way. Those two Muggle girls are here too, in his Pureblood Manor! Which is not so Pureblood after all given the Malfoys' history, but Lucius would never admit that to anyone.

As all the wizards and witches are pointing their wands at each other, Vera is kind of scared. They all seem to be here but where is Y/N? And where in the world is Voldemort?

Bellatrix suddenly starts to laugh, quite evilly and loudly like a psychopath. "Aww, could baby Potter and his friends not handle the bad Death Eaters by themselves, huh? They needed help from two Muggle teenagers! Pathetic!" she says in a mocking tone while staring at them.

Ron gulps. They need to get out of here, and they need to get out of here fast.

"That is enough, cousin. We are here to get the girl. And you cannot stop us" Black tells her.

Bellatrix gives a loud laugh at that. "Ha, you think you can escape with the girl? You actually think that? You are even more of a disgrace than I ever thought you could be" she says while looking at Black.

Suddenly, the Death Eaters and the rescue team shoot hexes at each other. Black and Lupin are fighting Bellatrix and Dolohov while the Trio is fighting the two Malfoys.

Meanwhile, Vera and Laura are hiding under the dinner table in order not to get hit. "What do we do now?!" Vera whisper-yells.

Laura thinks for a moment. If they can get out of the room undetected, maybe they can look for Y/N. "I have an idea. Come on, we can't be seen" she whispers. They slowly rise up from their hiding place and walk towards the door.

However, they are quickly caught. "Incarcerous!" Lucius yells while he points his wand at the two girls. They are suddenly tied by ropes and can't escape as they are struggling to get away.

"Did you really think that you could escape and look for your friend, hmm? Well, think again" he says while smirking at them.

He suddenly remembers something. "You! It was you who kicked me to the ground!" he says through gritted teeth while looking at Laura.

Both Vera and Laura gulp. Lucius once again points his wand at them. They both close their eyes immediately.

However, nothing ever hits them. They are suddenly released from the ropes which makes them open their eyes. They are met by Black smiling and Lucius on the floor with his hand on his nose. Lucius almost got his revenge on Laura.

"That was close. Now, come on. We have to leave!" Black loudly states.

In the guest room, Y/N is struggling to get the door to open. "Come on!" she yells in frustration. Defeated, she sits down on the bed and puts down the book. What is happening out there? Has the Order come to save her?

Y/N is in deep thought. She misses her friends terribly and the events last night only make her miss them even more. She wants to go home. Lucius and Narcissa have been nothing but nice to her. However, she truly just wants to go home now.

Home. If she ever returns, she will have to be alone. Unless Vera wants to move in with her. She would ask Laura too, but there is no way she would want to leave her mom. Even though she's often at work.

Her thoughts are suddenly interrupted as she hears a voice mutter "Alohomora" as the door suddenly bursts open. Who has come to save her? She turns around only to be met by onyx eyes.

"Do not worry, I have come to save you as a part of the Order, and not take you with me as a Death Eater" Snape reassures her.

Y/N smiles at him. She's really glad that it was him and not somebody else. Like Dolohov or Bellatrix.

Snape walks towards her and gently takes her hand in his as he helps her get off the bed. "Thank you, Professor Snape" she says as she shyly smiles at him.

Snape gives somewhat of a small smile - it's so rare to see on him but it suits him. "Anytime. And you may call me Severus - only when we are alone, of course. Now, come on. We have to leave" he states.

Y/N is taken aback. Snape just told her that she may call him by his first name? 

When she recovers from the shock, she nods as they then walk out the room while making sure that none of the other Death Eaters see them. Snape puts a finger to his mouth to signal Y/N to stay quiet. They sneak out to head out the front door as they can hear all the yelling in the dining room.

However, what they don't notice is someone looking at them as they leave the Manor.