Chapter fifteen

"Class dismissed" Lupin slowly states. Everybody comes to their senses and leaves the classroom. Everybody except for Y/N.

Hermione slowly approaches her. "Y/N?" she gently asks.

Lupin turns to the two girls. "Do not worry, Hermione. I will take care of it. I will bring her to your next class afterwards" he reassures the Gryffindor girl. Nodding, Hermione turns to join the others as she leaves.

Lupin then gently puts a hand on Y/N's shoulder. "Y/N? Are you okay?" he slowly asks as he gives her a friendly smile. She slowly nods, coming back to her senses. "Do you want to talk about it?" he questions.

She shakes her head. "Not really. It's just that I have had nightmares ever since meeting the Death Eaters. I keep thinking about what would have happened if they succeeded in taking me to Malfoy Manor" Y/N finally admits.

Nodding as he understands, Lupin sighs. "I know. However, it is best if you try not to think about it" he says as he rubs her back comfortingly. "I completely understand if you do not feel like training right now" he then says, referring to their training session.

"No. I have to do it, it's important. I'm okay, I promise" she says, giving a shy but reassuring smile.

Nodding, Lupin turns his attention to the training. "Good. Now, my plan is for you to stop a group of Doxies. They can be quite troublesome. Are you ready?" he asks her.

Y/N nods. Lupin then goes to a corner to retrieve a cage. Inside the cage are some angry-looking Doxies. As Lupin opens the cage door, the Doxies start to fly in Y/N's direction aggressively. She quickly thinks of stunning the creatures. Instantly, the Doxies stop their movement as if frozen in place.

Smiling, Lupin praises her. "Very good, Y/N. That will prove useful as you are able to stop several Death Eaters at once" he states.

As the training session ends, Lupin takes Y/N to the Transfiguration classroom just in time for the lesson to begin. "You did well today, Y/N. Keep up the good work and we will be stopping You-Know-Who before he even realises what hit him" Lupin tells her.

"Thank you, Professor Lupin. I appreciate it" she thanks him as she gives a shy smile. Lupin bows as he then leaves to teach other classes.

Y/N enters the classroom and goes to sit next to Hermione. "Are you okay, Y/N?" Hermione asks, concerned.

Y/N smiles at her. "Yeah, thanks, Hermione. I was just really shocked by my Boggart. Lately, I have had nightmares about Vol- I mean You-Know-Who, so it scared me quite a bit. But the training session went well" she admits.

Hermione nods as everybody then turns their attention to McGonagall. "Good evening, students. Today you will be learning the Vanishing Charm "Evanesco". In front of you is a cauldron. I would like for all of you to try and make it disappear. Begin now and do not hesitate to ask if you need help" the professor states as she gives her students a friendly smile.

Everybody grabs their wand as they start to flick it and say the spell. Hermione makes her cauldron disappear in her first try.

Meanwhile, the boys struggle. "Evanesco! EVANESCO!!!" Ron basically screams as he keeps flicking his wand, almost hitting the cauldron. Hermione rolls her eyes at him.

Y/N takes her wand and points it at her cauldron. She says the spell as she thinks of it disappearing. "Evanesco" she calmly says. Her cauldron does indeed disappear. The Trio and Y/N herself smile at that.

"Good job, Ms. Y/L/N" McGonagall praises her as she smiles as well.

Transfiguration comes to an end as everybody leaves. Now only Y/N and McGonagall remain. "The Vanishing Charm can indeed be useful, but now I will teach you to surprise your enemies by making birds appear out of nowhere to attack and distract the Death Eaters. This is a Bird-Conjuring Charm called Avis. Of course, you will not need to say the spell nor use your wand as it will not do anything" McGonagall states as she conjures a dummy.

Nodding, Y/N gets to work as she thinks of a whole group of birds attacking the dummy. Within seconds, several red birds come flying out of the air as they attack it.

McGonagall smiles. "Once again, good job, dear. I think you are ready to help defeat He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, Y/N" she tells the girl.

She then turns her attention to the teacher's desk. "Here is a book about using Transfiguration in combat. I think it will help you get some ideas on how to use your skills to defeat the Death Eaters. Now, I will unfortunately have to leave for my next class" McGonagall says as she gestures to the book on the desk. Nodding, Y/N shyly thanks her. McGonagall bows and leaves the classroom.

A moment later, Harry appears. "Hey, Y/N. I see that your training session with Professor McGonagall is finished. The others are in the common room, let's go" he says as he smiles. Y/N smiles back and leaves with Harry.

As they are about to enter through the portrait to the Gryffindor common room, Y/N groans. "Ugh, I'm so forgetful. I just forgot the book that Professor McGonagall gave me" she says as she facepalms.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Harry offers.

Y/N shakes her head. "No, it's okay. I remember the way. I will be right back" she reassures as she takes her leave. Harry hopes that she's right.

As Y/N enters the classroom once again, she can't find the book. "Weird, it's gone? It was right there before" she says to no one in particular.

Out of the blue, she hears a voice right behind her chuckle. "Hello, darling. Is this the book you are looking for?".