Chapter ten

TW: Bullying and mentions of death and torture

Everybody stares at her, shocked and bewildered. Is this Y/N? How did she get here?

Y/N breaks the silence as she starts to explain her situation. Or tries to. "Fictional characters- diamond- Death Eaters" is all they can understand as she mumbles and stammers her story.

Dumbledore silently interrupts her. "Are you Y/N?" he asks as he looks at her curiously.

Y/N is confused. "Um, yes. How did you know that? Wait, never mind. You are Dumbledore, of course you know. You know everything" she blurts out. Dumbledore chuckles at that.

Y/N can't help it as she immediately looks at a certain someone. Severus Snape. His black, medium-length hair. His onyx eyes. His dark clothes with MANY buttons. His crooked nose. His thin lips- his lips? Y/N tries to stop fangirling over Snape but fails, miserably.

Snape looks at the girl. He decides to use Legilimency and reads her mind. And oh, he does not regret that. He can't help but smirk to himself. Strange, silly, hormonal girl.

"What were you saying before, dear?" McGonagall asks as she breaks the silence.

Y/N blinks a few times. She had completely forgotten where she was and why she was there. She clears her throat. "Um, I'm from a world where you guys are fictional characters... And, um, you see, I'm here because the Death Eaters want this diamond that I own. They tried to catch me but I got away and ran here" she says, this time clearly understandable. The four of them nod at that.

"We were actually going to get you later tonight but I see that others got ahead of us. Dumbledore, Professor Snape and I will take you to the Headquarters of the Order. Your friends are there" Lupin states.

That caught Y/N off guard. "My friends? Are Vera and Laura here? In your world?" she asks, puzzled. How did they get here?

"Yes. We will tell you everything when we get there" Lupin says as he gives her a smile. Y/N nods at him as everybody, except for McGonagall, leaves Hogwarts to apparate to Grimmauld Place.

When they arrive, they are obviously met by screaming. "Another Muggle! DISGRACE!". The screaming gets quickly silenced. A sigh can be heard. "I swear I will burn her portrait someday" Black says, annoyed at the lady in the portrait.

He quickly looks at the girl who he has never seen before. "Hello there. My name is Sirius Black and this is my home. And you are?" he questions as he smiles at her charmingly.

"I'm Y/N" she simply says, kind of shy. Black widens his eyes at that. Did she just say Y/N? But they were first supposed to find her later tonight!

Black looks puzzled at Lupin. "The Death Eaters found her, Sirius. She got away and came to Hogwarts" he explains to his friend. Black slowly nods at that. He then looks at the girl again. So this is Y/N. The girl who apparently likes Snivellus.

They are interrupted as Mrs. Weasley approaches them. "Are you already back?" she asks but then stops in her tracks when she spots a new face. "Hello, dear. My name is Molly Weasley. And who might you be?" she asks the girl as she gives her a warm smile.

Y/N smiles back and is about to answer but Dumbledore is quicker. "This is Y/N, Molly. She came to my office after she got away from the Death Eaters" he says while gesturing to the girl.

Mrs. Weasley widens her eyes. "Oh, dear. How terrible! Thank Merlin you got away! Your friends are in the living room with Harry and the others. Come with me" she says as she gently grabs Y/N's hand and takes her to the living room.

As Mrs. Weasley, Y/N, Black, Lupin, Snape and Dumbledore enter the living room, the happy chattering stops. Laura and Vera widen their eyes when they see her. Y/N? Y/N is here?

They both rise from their seats and run to Y/N and hug her tightly. "Y/N! I can't believe you are here!" Vera exclaims, happy. Y/N immediately hugs her friends back.

"You have no idea how happy we are to see you! How did you get here?" Laura gently asks. Y/N sighs as she thinks about what has happened in less than an hour.

"Maybe we should all sit down while we hear her story?" Lupin suggests. As they all nod in agreement, everybody enters the dining room and sits down at the dinner table. Vera sits to Y/N's right, Laura to her left.

Gulping, Y/N finally starts explaining. "I was about to read when I suddenly heard yelling. At first, I thought it was me who my mom was yelling at but then I heard other voices. They were Death Eaters. One of them was Lucius Malfoy. He...". Deciding not to mention Lucius' behaviour, she quickly continues.

"They apparently wanted this diamond" she says as she shows the orange diamond in her hand which is glowing. "They also wanted me to come with them. Saying that I was needed for Vol- You-Know-Who's plan. We somehow ended up in the Forbidden Forest. I kicked one of the two other Death Eaters and ran to Hogwarts. That's how I ended up in Dumbledore's office. Which wasn't easy - lemon pie, really?" she questions as she looks at Dumbledore. He merely smiles at her.

There is a bit of silence. "They killed my mom" she says in a very small voice with trembling lips as she starts to sob. Laura and Vera immediately hug her as they try to comfort her.

Everybody is shocked. The Death Eaters usually torture or humiliate the Muggles, but they don't kill them unless it's their goal. Snape suspects that Dolohov was the one to use the Killing Curse on the Muggle.

"Oh, dear. I am so sorry for your loss" Mrs. Weasley says with great empathy as she goes to hug the sobbing girl.

"Those bastards!" Tonks exclaims, really angry. Moody agrees. Killing a defenceless Muggle? Pathetic excuses of wizards.

Mr. Weasley clears his throat. "We have all had a long day. I suggest we eat and go to sleep afterwards. We will tell our story tomorrow" he says. Everybody agrees.

The Trio, Ginny and Tonks help Mrs. Weasley set the table with the food that she has cooked. When it's all set, they all start eating the delicious food.

After some happy chattering, Black just can't help but taunt Snape - again. "So, are you staying the night, Snivellus?" he asks the professor in a mocking tone. There is an immediate silence. Snape tightens his hold on his fork. Why can't he just stop? Lupin tries and fails to stop Black.

"I don't even know why we let you in here, Snivellus. You with your greasy hair-" he mocks Snape before he's stopped by Y/N. She can't take it anymore. They are not in their Hogwarts years anymore, they are grown up men.

"Don't call him that. His name is Severus Snape. And his hair isn't greasy, it looks clean to me" she tells Black. She's usually really shy and would never have even thought to be the one to stop some bullying. However, she simply can't take it. She's really tired and can feel that she's getting irritated.

Everybody stares at them while Black sighs. Of course she had to defend him. He can't get mad at her, though, so he decides to nod and apologise to Snape. "You are right. I am... sorry, Sniv- Snape, that was not right" Black says as he looks at him.

Snape can't believe it. Black actually just apologised to him. He didn't need her to defend him, he can handle Black himself. However, feeling grateful, he nods at Y/N. She nods back as she gives him a shy smile.

They all then continue their chattering. However, it's not long before the tiredness creeps in. They all bid each other good night and go to their assigned room. The Grimmauld Place has many rooms, so everybody gets their own except for the twins, who usually share a room, as well as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.

Y/N enters hers. Vera and Laura are right next door. Directly on the opposite side is Snape's room. She goes straight to bed after taking off her shoes, blouse and jeans. She immediately falls asleep as her head hits the pillow.