Chapter nine

TW: Swear words and attempted kidnapping

"Finally. We have found the Keeper of the Diamond". Now Y/N is absolutely confused. Keeper of the Diamond? What is that? Wasn't it just the diamond that they wanted?

Lucius suddenly grabs her arm. "Well, darling. You are coming with us" he states.

Hold on a moment. They didn't mention that she had to come with them. "I don't think so" she says as she tries to take her arm out of his grasp. However, he's much stronger and keeps his hold on her.

"Ah, but you are. You see, you are needed for the Dark Lord's plan" Lucius says while grabbing both of her arms as she struggles.

"Let go of me!" she yells. The two of them keep struggling as they apparate. Lucius doesn't properly concentrate while struggling with her, which results in the four of them apparating somewhere else than Malfoy Manor.

They all look at their surroundings. "Fuck" Lucius whispers to himself.

"Great, we are in the Forbidden Forest!" Avery exclaims, frustrated.

Dolohov turns to Lucius. "This is your fault, Lucius. You should have just stupefied the girl so we could have apparated with no problem!" he snaps.

Lucius growls at him. "Don't you dare blame me, Dolohov! We can still make it!" Lucius snaps back.

Y/N thinks while the Death Eaters fight each other. The Forbidden Forest? That means Hogwarts is near!

Suddenly, Dolohov grabs her harshly by the arm. Quickly reacting, she knees him in the groin area. Dolohov falls to the ground as he yelps in pain. "You fucking bitch!" he yells as Y/N then starts to run away from the three men.

Cursing under his breath, Lucius starts to run after her. So does Avery, Dolohov too - after a moment.

Since Y/N is clumsy, she falls over a branch. Thankfully, she quickly gets up and proceeds to run.

The Death Eaters try to catch her but they are too late as she reaches Hogwarts. "It is too late, we cannot get her. Dumbledore is there" Avery reminds them as he stops.

Lucius and Dolohov stop as well. Lucius tightens his hold on his cane. Another failed mission, another punishment from the Dark Lord.

Y/N keeps running and running. Finally, she arrives at Hogwarts and quickly enters the school. She doesn't even have time to admire its beauty as she runs through the castle. Where could Dumbledore's office be?

After a while, she finally sees the golden gargoyle. Fantastic! "Lemon drop" she says out loud. Nothing happens. "Lemon sorbet?" she says, unsure. Still nothing. "No? Freaking lemon pie?" she says in a quite frustrated tone.

At last, the gargoyle reveals the stairs. Really? Is lemon pie a thing? She stops questioning it further and runs up the stairs, the diamond still in her hand, while thinking of what to even say.

"Dumbledore, you are probably not going to believe me, but I'm from a world where you all are fictional characters, and there are Death Eaters who want this diamond that has been in my possession for over a decade". Nope. "Hey, Dumbledore, I'm sure you already know why I'm here since you seem to know everything, so could you please help me?". Absolutely not.

Meanwhile in the Headmaster's office, Snape and Lupin have just arrived. Apparently, the old fool has changed the password to lemon pie. It's his latest obsession.

They are met by Dumbledore and McGonagall who are having a conversation. "Ah, Remus, Severus. What brings you here? Would you like a lemon drop?" Dumbledore asks them politely. They both shake their heads.

"This is about the diamond, Albus. Hermione Granger has figured it all out. We are not only looking for another diamond but we are also looking for someone. The Keeper is a person and the girls suspect that their friend, Y/N, is the one" Lupin explains.

Snape nods. "Yes, we just had a meeting with the rest of the Order. Since you were not there, we have all agreed to start looking for her tonight" he states.

Dumbledore nods at that. "Very well, let us hope that-" he starts as he's interrupted by Y/N running into the office without even knocking. Rude.

"Dumbledore-!" Y/N says just as she stops and looks at the four adults who all stare at her, shocked and bewildered.