Start Of A New Chapter

Sloan was relatively quiet as they packed up their stuff and began to leave town. She overheard Evra asking about Debbie to Darren and only heard a part of his response that was something about "it needed to be done".

Sloan trailed behind all of the men as they walked toward the train, her mind swirling with thoughts.

Larten scanned her over head to toe and found nothing that could be related to her being changed into a vampire. No scars, no bites, no scratches. It was a mystery that they didn't know if they would be able to solve.

"Sloan?"

The red haired girl perked up, her ears twitching at the sound of her name as she met the eyes of an orange haired vampire.

"Are you feeling alright?"

She nodded, cocking an eyebrow. "I know finding this out is hard, it was a shock to us too. But, you are not alone." Larten started as she listened.

"While I wasn't exactly looking for another assistant, I am happy to help you learn the vampires ways of survival. Unless you choose to reject my offer, I will respect your wishes." Sloan thought for a moment.

"Yea...I'd like that."

Larten had a faint smile of his face. "And, you have somebody who knows what it's like to be in a situation where your world feels as though it was flipped. Who, I think you should talk to, along with one who shares animal instincts like you."

Sloan looked ahead and saw her two friends walking next to her other, talking about something they had seen on tv. And she realised Larten was right.

She had always had somebody she could go to about feeling animal instincts, somebody who could tell her it's normal for her to feel them because she wasn't normal.

And she had somebody, even before finding out what she was, that went through the same life where it got completely flipped upside down but they still found each other.

Sloan hesitated before nodding and going to catch up with the two, who perked up and welcomed her in between their bodies to walk.

"Can I tell you guys something?"

~

The trip back to the cirque was full of happy tears and laughs, along with gift giving because of christmas time. By the time they got back, they were all greeted happily and the three kids shared their stories of being out of town as Larten went to talk to Mr Tall.

"Sloan."

The wolf girl looked back to see a familiar Cirque owner approaching, his hands folded behind his back as always, his head bowing in greeting.

"Hi Mr Tall, how are you?"

"I'm doing well. How about yourself?"

"I've had better days, as I'm sure Mr Crepsley told you. Ones that didn't involve an identity crisis." Sloan cracked a small smile and Mr Tall nodded his head.

"Yes, Larten informed me of your discovery. I came to ask how you are coming to terms with it." Mr Tall stood next to the girl. "I don't know, truthfully. I mean, I had been feeling different lately so I'm glad to have discovered it but now I want to know how it happened...and why." Sloan told the man, who nodded.

"My advice to you, is stick with Larten for now. While he is a stubborn man, I know you two get along and he has been a true friend for a long time. I know he will take care of you so you are not completely lost in how to live like a wolf and a vampire." Mr Tall explained and Sloan nodded.

"And of course, stick with Darren and Evra. I'm sure that won't be hard though." Sloan cracked a smile, along with Mr Tall. "Got it, Mr Tall. Thank you." She said gently and the tall man nodded.

"Of course. I'm hear to listen whenever, Sloan. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Mr Tall."

And with that, the owner of the cirque left without another word, leaving the red haired girl to sit in silence once again as she stared up at the full moon, sighing before letting out a quiet, lonesome howl into the night.