Chapter 1 ~ Fresh Start

Fresh Start-
Chapter 1-

MILLY'S POV:
I wake up to my alarm at 6:45am, I check my phone and see that my best friend from university and also medical school because we went to the same had texted me saying good luck today because today is going to be the day that changes my life forever. I'm starting my residency at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital in Seattle. I'm so excited but I'm also so nervous. I just can't believe this is happening, this has been my dream since I was a teenager and now it's come true. I get out of bed and walk down the stairs in my new house that I bought a few weeks ago. Im feeling refreshed because I've had a good nights sleep and so to make me feel even fresher I get out a bottle of water and have a big sip of it and then start to make my breakfast, I chose to go for the healthy option of making myself a bowl of fruit. After I had finished that I went in the shower and then got ready for my first day at GSMH.

2️⃣ hours later:

It's now 8:45am, luckily I don't have to be in until 9:30am but I still decide to go early so I turn off my phone since I decided to search up the people that I'm gonna be working with and tbh I really like Dr Arizona Robbins and Dr Calliope Torres. I like all the others too but they just really stand out to me. I really hope I can be friends with them both. I did hear that they used to be wife and wife but I'm not sure if they have actually broke up but seriously I would really like to get to know them both. I know, I know, I probably shouldn't be crushing on 2 people at the same time and that also used to be together or that are still together but I just can't help it.

Anyways I get up off my couch and go get my car keys and lock up the house and then unlock my car and go on a 10 minute drive to get to the hospital.

Once I get to the hospital, I park my car in a space and get out. I lock the car and walk into the hospital. I'm shocked. It's so big. I walk further in and look around. I then hear someone say something to me. I turn around to see Dr Meredith Grey asking if I'm ok.
MG- "hey you look new, I've never seen you before, what's your name? Are you lost"
MW- "hey yes I'm new. I'm Dr Wright, Dr Milly Wright but you can just call me Milly. I'm looking for the chief of surgery, I hope you know where he is"
MG- "yes I do, just follow me and I'll take you there. Also nice to meet you Milly, I'm Meredith"
MW- "thanks. Nice to meet you too"

We then walked the rest of the way in silence to the chiefs office. Meredith tells me that this is where the chiefs office is and that she will help me around the hospital and give me a tour sometime.

MEREDITH GREY'S POV:
I see this young women that has walked into the hospital, she's probably around her early 30s, she looks amazing. I notice that she has a confused look on her face and also looks like she's already lost so I go up to her and ask if everything's ok and introduce myself to her.
MG- "hey you look new, I've never seen you before, what's your name? Are you lost"
MW- "hey yes I'm new. I'm Dr Wright, Dr Milly Wright but you can just call me Milly. I'm looking for the chief of surgery, I hope you know where he is"
MG- "yes I do, just follow me and I'll take you there. Also nice to meet you Milly, I'm Meredith"
MW- "thanks. Nice to meet you too"

She seems really nice, I hope we can become friends and that she can come over to mine and Derek's house when we have our other friends over like Arizona and Callie and lots more people.

She says she wants to go see the chief which is Owen Hunt, I'm guessing today's her first day so that's probably why she wanted to see the chief. I'm glad that she gonna start working here because it will be nice to have another friend that will be involved with the GSMH family.

MILLY'S POV:
I walk into Owen Hunt's office who's the chief of surgery and I introduce myself and he tells me the rules and things that will get me through my residency and also gives me some blue scrubs so that I can change into them which I do. He then tells me that I'll be on Dr Torres's service  today since Dr Robbins isn't in until tomorrow so he said for me to try out Orthopaedics which is something that I am also interested in incase I couldn't do PEDS which is what I put in my application form and also reminded him. He then paged Dr Torres to his office so I could meet her.
A few minutes later Dr Torres knocks on the door and then walks in when she's aloud to. I couldn't stop staring at her. She's so gorgeous and beautiful.
OH- "hi dr Torres, this is dr Wright and she will be on your service today, this is her first day and I would like you to help her settle in"
CT- "hey Dr Wright, I'm Dr Callie Torres it's a pleasure to meet you, I'll definitely help you settle in here"
MW- "hey, thank you, I appreciate it"