Chapter 9 ~ Working But Someone Gets Sent Home

Working But Someone Gets Sent Home-
Chapter 9 -

CALLIOPE TORRES'S POV:
I say goodbye to Arizona and Sofia so I can leave for work and get there on time. I'm gonna miss Sofia so much, I always do when I'm working.

I arrive and I smile as soon as I see Milly's car parked in the car park and then I see her get out her car. Wow she really is hot. I look her up and down and then I hear her say my name or actually it's my nickname that she has for me.

MW- "Cal my eyes are up here. Stop checking me out"

I instantly start blushing. I can't believe she saw me checking her out. But I don't care. She is very hot. Omg why am I so nervous.

CT- "oh umm I'm... I'm so sorry, I couldn't help it... it's just that you look... you look beautiful..."
MW- "it's fine and thanks but I'm only playing with you... you can stare all you want but we've got work to do so come on let's go"
CT- "oh so your the boss now then. Oh god I love this side of you Milly"
MW- "haha thanks but wait until you see every side of me"

Omg what does she mean by that. What does she mean by 'wait until you see every side of me'. Omg I'm freaking out. I'm speechless again. What has this women done to me.

ARIZONA ROBBINS'S POV:
I have to leave for work too, me and Calliope go separately and one of us will bring Sofia with us. Today I have to bring Sofia with me.
I get Sofia in the car and then I get in and drive off ready for work.

I'm excited to see Milly today and Calliope too. I can't believe Milly said she loves me on games night

Anyways about 10 minutes later I get to work and I take Sofia to daycare and say goodbye to her and tell her that I will see her later.
I then go to the Peds ward to start my shift and start rounds.

One of the patients that I go to see for rounds, I heard that Milly and Calliope had to work on him or something. I'm about to present him again.
'This patient is an 18 year old male named William with a left broken wrist and arm and a left sprained ankle. He had surgery on it 5 days ago and he's still in a lot of pain. He fell down the stairs. He injured his arm, wrist and ankle because he tripped.'

Then I go and see more patients and then I go and get a quick coffee from the cafeteria.
As I'm sitting at one of the tables with my coffee, I see Milly walk in alone looking really upset so I go over to her once she's sat down because I want to know what's wrong. I care about her so I want to help.

I go over and she looks up at me and gives a tiny smile but I can see the tears in her eyes so I hug her.

AR- "hey milly what's the matter, what's wrong babes"
MW- "I... I just feel like I'm not good enough for becoming a surgeon and I just miss being at home"
AR- "Milly listen to me. You're not bad at your job, you're incredible and I've heard that from Callie and I can't wait to see what you can do. You have so much potential in becoming a surgeon. You just need to believe in yourself."
MW- "yea but it's hard. I know I never told you about my kids and I'm sorry I didn't. I had to keep them both a secret before I moved to Seattle and so I'm used to not telling people about that side of my life. I'm sorry."
AR- "it's fine milly, I get it, I get why you never told anyone. You did it to protect them and yourself."
MW- "your right. That's the reason I did it. I just miss them both so much especially when I know one of them is ill, I just want to be there with them both and to help her get better and to look after them both."
AR- "I know, I get what you mean. What if you asked Owen if you could go home earlier and explain to him that one of your kids are ill."
MW- "I was thinking that but I'm new and I didn't want to let everyone down"
AR- "you won't let anyone down. Look what if I got Callie to come with us so me, you and Callie can speak to Chief Hunt and see if you can go home"
MW-" really, you would really do that for me. Thank you Arizona. Let's go find Callie now"

We then page Callie and she comes within 2 mins and then we all go to Owen Hunt's office and speak to him.

MILLY'S POV:
I notice Callie looking at me as soon as I see her once I get out my car and see her get out of hers. She's full on staring at me, it's like she's check me out or something. I thought I might tease her and say something funny.

MW- "Cal my eyes are up here. Stop checking me out"

I see that she starts blushing which is really cute to see.

CT- "oh umm I'm... I'm so sorry, I couldn't help it... it's just that you look... you look beautiful..."
MW- "it's fine and thanks but I'm only playing with you... you can stare all you want but we've got work to do so come on let's go"
CT- "oh so your the boss now then. Oh god I love this side of you Milly"
MW- "haha thanks but wait until you see every side of me"

I smirk at her and then carry on walking with Callie next to me.

As I walked in with Callie there was an incoming trauma that needed a paediatric surgeon there so instead of doing Orthopaedics I had to do Peds which is fine because I love it. Anyways I worked with Dr Alex Karev for the incoming trauma. Dr Karev is really funny, I hope me and him will become good friends.

The patient was a 12 year old girl with abdominal pain and we suspect that it's appendicitis. She was throwing up blood which is why it came across as an incoming trauma. So I had to do a surgery on a 12 year old girl with Dr Meredith Grey and Dr Alex Karev.

The surgery was a success, there was no concerns or anything like that which is very good. She should make a full recovery.

Anyways because of the patient being a 12 year old girl and my daughter is 12 years old and she's obviously on her period and really wants me there so it made me feel like a bad parent. I'm not sure why it did but that's how I feel so yes I did have a little breakdown but I'm a little better now so I go to the cafeteria to get a coffee. As I walk in and finally sit down I then see Arizona sitting alone and she immediately gets up once she sees me and goes over to me. Great. She probably knows somethings wrong. Then she speaks.

AR- "hey milly what's the matter, what's wrong babes"

I knew that she knew that something is wrong. Great. Now I'm gonna have to tell her most of it. Here I go.

MW- "I... I just feel like I'm not good enough for becoming a surgeon and I just miss being at home"
AR- "Milly listen to me. You're not bad at your job, you're incredible and I've heard that from Callie and I can't wait to see what you can do. You have so much potential in becoming a surgeon. You just need to believe in yourself."
MW- "yea but it's hard. I know I never told you about my kids and I'm sorry I didn't. I had to keep them both a secret before I moved to Seattle and so I'm used to not telling people about that side of my life. I'm sorry."
AR- "it's fine milly, I get it, I get why you never told anyone. You did it to protect them and yourself."
MW- "your right. That's the reason I did it. I just miss them both so much especially when I know one of them is ill, I just want to be there with them both and to help her get better and to look after them both."
AR- "I know, I get what you mean."

Arizona just came up with a brilliant idea well kinda. She basically said to me that I should ask Chief Owen Hunt if I could go home so then I could be with my son and daughter. I thought it was a good idea however, I'm new here and I don't want to let anyone down but somehow Arizona managed to persuade me to talk to Owen with her and Callie so firstly we page Callie to come speak to us and then we all go to Owen Hunt's office.

After our chat with Chief Hunt, thankfully he let me have the rest of today off and all of tomorrow off too and I'm so thankful for that.

We all then leave his office and I go grab my things from the residents lounge. After I've done that I say goodbye to Callie and Arizona and thank them for everything they've done for me and then I leave to go back home to my kids.