THIRTY FIVE

Eleanor leaned against the doorframe as Jack moved his toy car around on top of the box that was left on the front porch

Eleanor leaned against the doorframe as Jack moved his toy car around on top of the box that was left on the front porch. She glanced down to her hand, staring at the new diamond ring on her left hand. She smiled as Brian picked him up, Jack's backpack slung over his arm. "Alright, buddy, we gotta go. We're late. Come on." Brian said as he picked him up.

Eleanor moved forward and kissed the top of Jack's head. "Bye, baby."

"Bye, mama." Jack waved at her as Brian carried him down the steps towards the car.

Eleanor looked at the box and called over her shoulder. "Dom, you have a package out here. From Tokyo."

"Tokyo?" Dom questioned as he walked out the house, Mia behind him. "What, is Han trying to convert me over to a turbocharger?"

Mia smiled as the three watched Brian strap Jack into his car seat. "Brian in a minivan. Things have changed."

The three made their way down the steps. "He's struggling, Mia. He doesn't want me to see it, but the white picket fence is like an anchor on him. I can tell." She bit her lip as she pushed her hair over her shoulder. "I tried to talk to him the other night. You know what he said? He doesn't miss the girls, he doesn't miss the cars, he misses the bullets."

Dom gave her a reassuring smile. "Let him settle in. Give him time."

Eleanor glanced between her two siblings with a smile growing on her lips. "How does nine months sound?" She questioned, both whirling their heads to look at her. "I'm having another baby."

Mia almost squealed as she wrapped her arms around her older sister, Eleanor squeezing her back. Dom placed his hand on her arm as he smiled, coming to the realisation. "And you didn't tell him, did you?" Eleanor frowned and shook her head as she turned to glance over at her fiancé. "You gotta tell him."

"I don't want him to be disappointed with his life." Eleanor said, sadly. "With me." She added quietly as Mia grabbed her hand.

Dom turned her back around to face him. "He will never be disappointed with you." He said sternly.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to him." Mia added as she nudged her sister's side gently.

Eleanor smiled as she looked between the two and wrapped her arms around the both of them tightly. "Thank you. I love you both." She pulled away and started heading down the steps to walk over to the car to say one last goodbye with Mia trailing behind her.

Dom's phone rang and he answered it. "Yeah?"

"Dominic Toretto. You don't know me. You're about to."

Dom lowered his phone before glancing back over to the box sitting on the porch. He turned to his family. "Get down!" He yelled and tackled his two sisters to the ground.

Brian turned back before quickly slamming the door to the minivan shut as the box exploded along with their home. Brian was sent flying into the car door, cracking the window on impact before he landed on the ground. Mia screamed as they flew to the ground and Dom looked at them to make sure they were okay.

Eleanor's head snapped over to where her fiancé was getting up from the ground and she could hear Jack crying. "Jack!" She screamed and pushed herself up to her feet. "Jack!" She sprinted over to where Brian was grabbing Jack out of the car, her hand on Brian's back. She took Jack from Brian's arms and held him close to her chest as he cried. Brian wrapped his arms around him as he looked over to where Dom and Mia were.

[][][][]

monte cristi, dominican republic

"Thank you so much for letting us stay, Mando." Mia said as herself and Eleanor walked alongside the man. "I hope it's not a problem."

Mando looked between the two. "Listen, Dom needed a safe delivered to Rio in two days. That was a problem. Hosting his family in the Dominican Republic, that is vacation." Eleanor held Jack closer to her chest, running one of her hands through his hair to keep him calm as he was still spooked about what had happened. "Anyone messes with you here, they mess with the entire country. You'll be safe."

"Thank you." Eleanor nodded to him as his phone buzzed. She set Jack down and held his hand while Jack reached for Mia's with his other hand.

"Yeah, yeah, they're here." Mando said. "I picked them up myself at the airport. Alright, hold on." He turned to the two and held the phone out. "Your brother."

Eleanor nods and took the outstretched phone from his hands while Mando took Jack with him into the house. Mia walked with Eleanor, who put the phone on speaker. "Dom."

"Yeah, Ellie, it's me." Dom said. "How's it going there?"

Mia and Eleanor started walking around, the former answering. "We're at Mando's. This place is like a fortress."

"You should see Brian." Eleanor added. "He's in full FBI mode. He built a surveillance hub in Mando's garage and everything. What about you? Did you find out who's after us?"

"Looks like the sins of London have followed us home." Dom told them and the two girls shared a look. "How did the Buster take the news?"

Eleanor bit her lip. "I can't tell him. If he knew about the baby, he'd want us to stay here."

"And with all that's going on, you're gonna need the two of them by your side." Mia spoke up as she took the phone from Eleanor so Dom could hear her better. "Just watch out for the two of them and make sure Ellie doesn't do anything too stupid. Keep them safe and come home together."

Dom didn't argue. "Ellie, tell Brian I'll see you two in LA in two days."

Eleanor frowned. "Where are you going?" She questioned.

"Tokyo." Dom answered. "I'm bringing Han home."

They hung up and Mia turned to Eleanor. "I'll go inside and look after Jack. You go tell Brian."

"Thank you, Mia." Eleanor nodded before turning and heading in the direction of the garage.

"Authorities are still trying to determine the motive behind this daring attack here at the office of the US Diplomatic Security Service in downtown Los Angeles less than thirty six hours ago." A reporter was talking as Eleanor entered and saw her fiancé sitting with his head in his hands as he listened. "The facts are still coming in, but what is known is the suspect entered the building's fourth floor where he was engaged by a DSS agent..."

Eleanor placed her hand on Brian's back and rubbed it gently as she leaned her elbow on the table, turning her body towards him. "Hey. You okay?" She questioned.

"Yeah." Brian sighed. "This guy's just... relentless."

Eleanor moved her hands to cup his cheeks as she turned his head to face her. "That's why Dom needs us. We need to find this guy and we need to stop him before he does any more damage to our family."

"You know, I just - I've screwed up so many things." Brian spoke as he wrapped one of his arms around her waist. "I couldn't live with myself if I screw this up, too."

Eleanor gave him a soft look. "You won't. I believe in you. I believe in us. That's all that matters. I love you, Brian."

Brian smiled at her before leaning in to kiss her. When they pulled apart, he leaned his forehead against hers. "I love you, baby." He whispered.

Eleanor ran her hand through his hair as she gave him a look. "Just promise me - after this, we're done. No more jobs, no more enemies."

"I won't let you down, El." Brian promised.

Eleanor nodded with a smile. "I know."