TWENTY EIGHT

Eleanor grinned as she sat beside Brian who held their son, Jack, in his arms

Eleanor grinned as she sat beside Brian who held their son, Jack, in his arms. "What do you think of this?" Brian asked their two month old. "I thought you'd like this."

Eleanor rolled her eyes as he held the toy in front of him. "He likes it." She assured him.

"All right." Brian hummed before reaching for the toy Skyline. "Or this?" Jack automatically let go of the toy and reached for the car, Brian and Eleanor sharing a smile. "Yes. That's my boy. All right, let's see how this thing flies. Are you watching?" He threw the paper airplane he held as Eleanor pressed a kiss to Jack's forehead. They looked up as a vehicle approached them and Brian leaned down to Jack. "It's uncle Dom. What do you know? Are you waving? What up?"

Dom got out of his car. "Hey, Jack." Dom smiled as soon as he saw the boy.

"What's up, uncle Dom? What's up, uncle Dom?" Brian held Jack's hand and waved it for him. "You excited to see him? Hmm?"

Dom walked over to them and saw the toy car. "Are you already pushing imports on him?"

"You say I'm not-- Dad's not pushing anything." Brian looked up at his brother in law. "He chose that car."

Dom crouched down in front of them. "Yeah, we know he's an O'Connor, but--" He pulled out a toy version of his car from behind his back. "I brought you something, Jack." Eleanor smiled as Jack reached out for the car. "Yeah! He's also a Toretto."

"I don't know."

Eleanor rolled her eyes at the two. "Luckily, he has a couple more years to decide, right?"

"I think he decided, Ellie." Dom said and the three laughed.

Eleanor glanced down at her watch before taking Jack out of Brian's hold. "It's time for his nap. Come on, baby. Okay. Say bye. He's getting tired." Dom touched Jack's foot as Eleanor walked past him and into their home.

Mia joins Eleanor as they stand at the back door, watching Dom and Brian converse. However, both frown at what they were talking about. Dom handed Brian a envelope that contained a photo that was taken a week ago. "Diplomatic Security Service." Brian read. "Hobbs." He glanced to Dom before taking the photo out, shocked to see it was of Letty. "You know, I used to do this shit all the time as a cop. This is what cops do. He's messing with your head." Brian sighed. "Letty's dead, Dom."

"I need to know for sure." Dom stated.

Brian didn't hesitate as he replied. "Then I'm going with you."

"You said you were gonna leave this life behind." Dom pointed out.

Brian gave him a look. "We both said that we were leaving the life behind."

"He's right." Eleanor said as she walked over to them with Mia behind her. "We're family." She leaned her hand on Brian's shoulder. "If we got a problem, we deal with it together."