THIRTY SIX

Eleanor stood with her hand in Brian's, a sad expression on her face

Eleanor stood with her hand in Brian's, a sad expression on her face. Roman and Tej stood on either side of them as they attended Han's funeral. Dom approached the casket and set the picture of Gisele in the frame that had Han's picture in it. "They say to live in the hearts of those we leave behind is not to die. But he put you in this grave so now I'll do the same to him." He spoke to Han's casket.

"I can't do no more funerals." Roman spoke as Dom walked away.

Brian and Eleanor looked to him, Eleanor sniffling as Tej spoke. "First Han. Now Hobbs is laid up, of all people. We're being hunted." Tej looked to the three. "You know he's out there somewhere watching, right?"

"I hope so." Brian nods as Eleanor leans into his side. "Means he's close."

Roman looked to him. "Just promise me, Brian... no more funerals."

"Just one more." Brian stated.

Eleanor looked to Roman. "His."

[][][][]

covert operations base, el segundo, ca

Brian opened the car door and got out, turning around to hold a hand out to Eleanor helping her out of the car as well. The two looked around the operations base they had been moved to before turning to Roman and Tej as they got out of the other vehicle. Eleanor glanced around, trying to locate her brother.

"This is crazy." Roman uttered as they looked around the base. "The hell is going on in here?"

The four walked over to where Dom was standing with a man in a suit and a man in a military outfit around a table. Eleanor slid her hand in Brian's as they walked. Once they reached them, Dom was quick to pull his sister into his side. "Are you okay?" Eleanor asked him quietly as she hugged him back.

Dom nodded. "Yeah. Are you?"

Eleanor pulled away and nodded at him. "Yeah." She whispered. "We're okay." Dom squeezed her gently before letting her go and Eleanor moved back to Brian's side, who wrapped his arm around her.

"Our intelligence suggests that Ramsey will be transported by an armed motorcade through the Caucasus mountain range." The man in the suit, Mr Nobody, informed them. "Now, if they clear this range and reach their destination, Ramsey's as good as gone."

"So let me get this straight." Roman spoke. "There's only one road that leads in or out? Sheer drops on every side? A motorcade from hell protected by a small army from one mile in either direction?"

Mr Nobody nodded. "Yeah, that's about it."

The military man took Mr Nobody's spot as the man moved back. "You done?"

Roman looked at him. "No, I'm not done. So you all wanted me to break into a police station. Fine. Then you asked me to stop a tank. I wasn't happy about it, but I did it." Dom and Eleanor shared a look at that, knowing she was the one who actually managed to help stop the tank. "Then you came up with this brilliant idea to shoot down one of the largest airplanes ever. I shot that shit out of the sky... It's nothin'." Eleanor made a face as it was her once again that actually was the one to shoot the line that helped bring down the plane, Tej and Brian chuckling at her. "But this right here, my friend, happens to be the stupidest idea I've ever heard of in my life."

"You're forgetting that it was actually me who stopped the tank." Eleanor raised an eyebrow at him.

Tej lowered his phone that he had been playing a game on. "I forgot that you were the only one to bring the plane down."

"Oh, no, only thing I've ever seen him take down was no knees Denise. Remember? At prom?" Brian brought up.

Eleanor leaned into his side as she laughed, Roman looking at him unamused. "Really, Brian? You gonna do that right here?" Tej and Brian also laughed at the man. "See, y'all trying to get me off my point. All I'm saying is I'm tired of everybody around me making all the decisions. This time, I lead. Seriously. If I don't start making decisions, I'm out."

"Alright, Roman, what do you got?" Dom questioned as he leaned his hands against the table.

Roman looked at him shocked and stumbled over his words. "I mean, I wasn't trying to get into the whole leadership thing like now, you know what I'm saying? I'm just kinda talking about, like, at some point. Like, you know, when we - whatever. I mean, I think -" He turned to the military man, Sheppard, only to see him staring at him. He clicked on the map of the route on the mountain on the table. "Let's hit it from here."

"I don't think that that's -"

Roman cut Sheppard off. "No, no, no, don't think. That's my job. Shh, shh."

Sheppard looked to Mr Nobody who shrugged at him. "Okay. It is impossible to hit it there. That is literally the most secure spot on the mountain. Why? Because you cannot physically access it."

"Well, see, that's what makes it so sweet." Roman argued. "Because it's the place that they least expect us to hit them from."

Brian spoke up. "Well, as much as I hate to admit it, he's onto something there. What do you think, Dom?"

Dom reached out and pointed to where Roman had. "Here?" Roman nodded and Dom looked over to Brian. "I think we got our plan."

"Completely wrong thinking and I like it." Mr Nobody said.

Roman looked at Sheppard. "You see? I'm good at this."

"Good?" Sheppard scoffed. "Okay." He enlarged the map to show that where they wanted to hit it there was absolutely no possible way for them to get onto the road. "How are you planning on getting on that road?"

"Well... Tej?"

Tej thought for a moment before he nodded. "I think I may actually have a plan for that."

Sheppard gave Roman a look. "What? I delegated." Roman said. "That's what good leaders do. Leader."

Mr Nobody leaned towards Dom. "You know, when I was reading your files, I was impressed with what you've accomplished with your team, but meeting them now, I gotta say, Dom, you've truly got a gift." Dom chuckled at him before Mr Nobody walked away. "Consider my workshop your new playhouse. I think you'll find our cars extremely appealing. And your team is now complete."

Eleanor perked up when she saw Letty being led in. "Dominic." She got her brother's attention and pointed towards her. Dom stood up and quickly made his way over to her.

"Brian!" Dom turned around after he and Letty spoke. "We're gonna need long travel suspension, limited slip differentials on all of them." The two walked towards them. "Tej, I want the demon love child between that... and that."

Brian hugged Letty and then Roman did before Letty made her way to Eleanor and hugged her tightly. "Hey, girl." Eleanor whispered as she tightened her arms around Letty.

"That's a lot of armour." Tej commented. "It's just gonna have more weight, slow you down."

Dom turned back around to face them. "This time it ain't just about being fast."