SEVEN

RACE WARS

RACE WARS

Eleanor cheered as Letty won another race. She tried to make it seem like she was okay when in reality she was anxious. She had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. The last time she was at one of the races and had a bad feeling, her dad died. Dom was more adamant on this cargo Steele, Jesse was nervous, Leon Vince and Letty tried to hide their nerves but Eleanor could easily see how nervous they were. Brian was acting more fidgety and way protective over her. Despite her younger sister dying to go, Eleanor had made Mia stay home so she wouldn't get caught up if something was to go wrong.

Eleanor pulled her car up to the starting line, pushing her sunglasses down over her eyes, rolling her window down. "Hey baby." Eleanor rose an eyebrow and turned her head to the car beside her and her eyes landed on the male driver. "You should be watching from the side. I wouldn't want to get any exhaust on that pretty face."

"How 'bout you put your money where your mouth is." Eleanor said.

"Well, how 'bout I race you for that sweet little ass?"

"You want ass, why don't you hit Hollywood Boulevard?" Eleanor asked him sassily. "You want an adrenaline rush, it'll be two large. Right here, right now. What's it gonna be?"

The man held up his own wad of cash. "You got it."

Eleanor smirked as she put her wad of cash down, rolling her eyes when the racer blew kisses to her. The brunette glanced out into the crowd, a smile growing on her face when she spotted Brian standing beside Letty. He locked eyes with her and winked, causing a small laugh to leave her lips.

Once being given the go, Eleanor immediately took off. She shifted between gears, coming neck and neck with the man. She rolled her dark brown eyes as he hit his NOS way too early. "Too early, dumbass." She muttered to herself.

She waited until the right moment before she hovered her finger over the red button on her steering wheel, before pressing it. A gleeful laugh left her lips as her car launched forward, flying past the driver. She stuck her hand out the window and flipped the driver off before her car crossed over the finish line.

Eleanor turned her car around and drove back to the starting line where a crowd surrounded her car. She was met with applause as she stepped out of her car, Letty walking up to her with a grin as they hugged. The other car pulled up beside them and he dejectedly got out of his car and made his way over to them, handing the money over. Eleanor grabbed it with a smile before she shoved it into her bra with the rest of her money.

The brunette looked around the crowd, frowning in disappointment when she couldn't see Brian anywhere. Letty noticed it and rubbed her arm. "Come on, let's go." The Latina said with a gentle smile. Eleanor nodded her head and forced a smile as the pair made their way towards where the crew all sat.

The calm only lasted a few minutes before Leon ran up to them, with panic written all over his face. "Yo! Heads up, bro. We got problems."

"What?" Dom asked and Leon pointed towards the tracks.

Eleanor widened her eyes as she saw Jesse's Jetta driving away. "Jesse." She got up from the seat her and Letty had both been sitting on and made her way toward Leon, hands on her hips. "Where's Jesse going?"

"He just raced Tran." Leon explained, looking towards her. "For slips."

Dom ran a hand over his face. "Oh, shit."

Johnny Tran pulled up in front of them, angrily getting out of his Honda. "Where's he going?" He demanded.

"He went to the car wash." Dom lied, Eleanor tensing.

"Whatever." Johnny discarded it and stepped closer to her older brother. "Go fetch my car."

Letty looked to Eleanor, the pair sharing a look. "Go fetch your car?" Dom repeated. "We ain't on your block anymore, you better watch who you talk to like that."

Dom turned his back to Johnny and started to walk away, grabbing Eleanor's arm and leading her in front of him. "Toretto!" Johnny suddenly exclaimed, both Toretto's turning back around to face him. "SWAT came into my house, disrespected my whole family because somebody narked me out. And you know what? It was you!"

Within a second later, Dominic left his sister's side as he advanced toward Johnny. Eleanor jumped back as she watched her brother punch him in the face. A few security guards ran over to them, shoving Eleanor out of the way. Leon grabbed her and moved her to the side as he went to help Vince pull the security guards off her brother who continued to bash Johnny.

"Dom!" Eleanor yelled for him. "Dom, stop!"

Lance ran over to them, in order to stop Dom, only to have Letty punch him in the face. A gasp left Eleanor's lips as she felt someone grab her arm. She clenched her fist and turned sharply but relaxed when she saw it was only Brian. He pressed his lips to her forehead and held her to his chest as they finally managed to pull Dom off Tran.

"I never narked on nobody!" Dom screamed. "I never narked on nobody!"

"Come on!" Vince hissed as he grabbed Dom, pushing him away from the crowd.

Dom stormed past Eleanor, heading towards the RV. Letty quickly followed him, squeezing Eleanor's shoulder as she went past. Brian grabbed her hand and gently led her away from the crowd, the brunette interlacing their fingers. "You okay?" Brian asked her softly.

Eleanor didn't answer as she nodded her head. She gave him a tight lipped smile before leaning up and pressing her lips to his. The sound of her ringing phone made them pull apart, Eleanor sending him an apologetic look as she took the incoming call from her sister.

Brian watched her walk away, phone pressed to her ear as a peaceful smile etched across her face just by hearing her younger sister's voice. He couldn't help but regret what he was about to do. He was running out of time to find the perpetrators, which left him with no choice about her finding out. He didn't want to lose Eleanor, he couldn't. He never wanted to lose her.

Brian sighed to himself, rubbing his forehead. What the hell was he going to do?