NINE

The car had been silent for the last half an hour or so as they neared where Brian suspected the crew was

The car had been silent for the last half an hour or so as they neared where Brian suspected the crew was. Eleanor's eyes widened in panic as she saw the sight ahead of her. "Holy shit." Brian looked over to her in concern as he saw her body stiffen. She saw Leon carrying a bruised and bloody Letty into his car from a flipped over car. "Brian, look."

Brian followed where her finger was pointing and saw a horrible sight in front of them. Vince was hanging off the side of the truck, Dom's car smoking as it struggled to keep up. Brian sped up and drove beside the truck, seeing Vince's arm tangled in wire. Eleanor's heart quickened as her brother's car swerved off to the side.

Eleanor reached up and started to push at the top of the car, Brian giving it one last final shove before it flew off. "Take the wheel."

Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked back to him. "What do you mean?"

Brian slid over in his seat to allow her to scoot in beside him. "Take the wheel! Put your foot on the gas! I'm gonna get him!" Eleanor gave him a look, Brian pushing further. "Put your foot on the gas!"

"Okay!"

The brunette slid into the seat, carefully placing her foot on the gas as she tried to keep the car steady. Brian climbed behind her and prepared to jump to the truck. "Come on. Keep it steady."

"I got it!" Eleanor replied.

"All right, hold on, Vince." Brian called to Vince before looking down to the brunette. "He's having a hard time holding on. Get me a little closer."

Eleanor pulled closer to the truck. "All right."

"Closer."

"I'm moving in." Eleanor responded as she pulled even closer to the truck.

"Hold it right there!"

Brian jumped off the car and grabbed onto the side of the truck. Eleanor's eyes moved from the road and to the truck every now and then. "Vince! You got to hang in here with me now! We'll get you off. Give me your arm! Vince, look at me! Don't let go!"

Eleanor bit her lip as she saw Brian make work at untangling Vince's arm from the wire, the brunette keeping the car steady. "Come on, Vince! Throw this arm around me! Vince, don't let go! Come on, El. Get closer." He urged. "El, get closer! Come on. Come on, Vince. Here we go!"

Without any warning, Brian threw Vince into the passenger seat, Eleanor jumping in surprise before she grabbed Vince's hand and pulled him in properly. Her eyes darted to Brian, who was looking for a good time to jump. "Brian!" She exclaimed as she noticed the driver pointing a shotgun at him. "Look out!"