The Beach

Day Three of Relaxation.

Brian got mad at Paul and I once we returned. Paul had planned for us to be back at the so called curfew we were under, but it wasn't our fault that the ferris wheel got stuck. Apparently, I fell asleep on the way back, and Paul carried me to my bed, not wanting to wake me. Brian noticed, and Paul accepted his fate outside of the room to keep me at peace. How sweet.

But Paul is not my concern today. George is.

I'm happy to go with him. I hope he's a little more confident. The last time we spoke alone was the first time I had met him. Poor lad could hardly get a sentence out.

I lay in my bed without motivation to move around, until some faint gossip began in the boys' room. I pressed my ear against the wall, trying my best to make it out:

"Lads, I'm still a little nervous..."

"You love the bird, don't ya? Show her that!"

"But what if she doesn't love me? What if she does like what I have planned?"

"Well, what are your plans?"

It's like George knew I was on the other side, listening to every word. He had said it quietly enough so I couldn't make it out.

"How could she hate that? How could anybody hate that? You're worrying too much, Hazza. John and I had our dates with her and we were just fine. You will be too."

Aw, now I really feel bad for George. He's so afraid I won't like what he has to offer. Even if I end up favoring another Beatle, I'm not a monster. He's so shy, so fearful, and he just wants everything to be perfect.

I might as well make myself presentable. I've got a feeling George will have to muster up some courage to talk to me. Poor baby.

I get ready and greet everyone, eating breakfast without me.

"Well, someone slept in." Brian joked.

"I couldn't help it! I was tired!"

"You must have been. Paul carried you to your bed and you slept like a baby the entire night."

I joined them at the table, sitting next to Paul and John.

"We had fun last night, didn't we?" Paul winked, slipping his hand into mine and kissing the back of it.

"Keep your hands to yourself, Macca." John playfully punched him, scooting his chair closer to me and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Both of you need to stop." Brian scolded. He gets up and drinks his coffee in our room.

George never broke eye contact with me. Once I got up, he followed me wherever I went.

"George, do you want something?"

"Um...yes, actually...I'd like to ask you..."

"I'm aware, George. I heard pretty much everything."

"He's very apprehensive." Ringo spoke from behind George.