Love in Song

"Good morning."

Wait...what? Where am I?

"Oh, good! I was scared you'd never wake up. I can't believe you slept through me poking you." John giggled. "You must have been beat after we took you to that dance hall."

Oh...right.

Paul entered the room. "You fell asleep in the middle of our sprint from the fans. I don't know how, but you did. You're lucky I was there to catch you and hold you until we made it back here."

I smiled. "Thanks, Paul."

"And you know what else is nice?" George interrupted. "John kept your promise and took the blame."

My jaw dropped. Such a rare moment of maturity by Lennon.

Ringo entered the room and sat on the edge of the bed. "You feeling ok, honey?"

"I feel fine. Say, where's Brian?"

"Right here." He stood at the entranceway with his arms crossed. "Foolish Beatles, please leave our room. You need to practice for the next show tonight anyway."

"But I'm not ready to leave, Eppy-" John whined in a child's tone.

"Go. Now."

Annoyed, he left with his fellow band mates. Brian locked the door behind him, towering above me with a mix of anger and sadness.

"Well, Y/N...how should I put this? I'm very-"

"Disappointed? Yeah, I know. You should be. I've been a monster these past few days..."

"Monster? No, don't say that. Just because they pressure you into going out into places you shouldn't or tempt you with various gifts doesn't make you a bad person, nor does it make them bad people."

"Then what am I then?" My voice cracked, and soon after, the tears began to flow.

"Hey...don't cry. You know what it makes you? It makes you my best friend."

"Even after-"

"Nothing will ever put an end to it. Not even four chaotic lads from Liverpool."

I open my arms and hug him. There's been too much on my plate recently, and it's been too long since I appreciated our friendship. He wipes some stray tears away, breaking away to look at my broken exterior.

"You know I care about you, correct?"

I nodded, pulling myself together.

"I need you to verify who you love tonight. If you keep this up, the choice will only increase in difficulty."

I sighed. "You're right. I've really got to think about it, though."

"How about we go out later tonight, just you and me? You can have these few hours to think it over."

"But what about the boys?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. If they have another pillow war, then so be it."

A few hours later...

I hadn't even approached Brian before all the loves of my life followed behind.

"Hi, Y/N. Whatcha doing?" John asked, innocently.

"I'm going out with Brian."

"Wait! You can't just yet!"

"Why not?"

"We've got songs we'd like you to hear, isn't that right, lads?"

They cheered in agreement.

I looked up at Brian, pondering my decision.

"One. One song." He muttered.

Hmm, who should I listen to...

Next choice! Which Beatle's song do you listen to?