Many Choices to Make

It was a risky maneuver to leave the Beatles by themselves, but that was the least of our worries...

Brian took me out for dinner to clear my mind of the upcoming decision of a lifetime. I wasn't hungry, I couldn't speak, and I wanted nothing to do with anyone.

"Y/N? You haven't touched your food, are you-"

"No, Brian, I'm not alright."

"I get it. I should probably just keep my mouth shut. You've got a lot on your mind, I don't want to get in the way."

"You're not getting in the way, you're just-"

I gulped. I had been keeping so much stress bottled up and I wanted so badly to release it, but at the same time, I didn't want to upset him. He's been my friend for decades. I can't just break a friendship that's lasted so long over a dumb relationship issue.

But it was no use.

"You're stressing me out, Brian!" I snapped. Tears of anger and dejection flooded from my eyes, yet all Brian did was stay silent and hold me.

"I can't take it anymore! This whole experience was a dream come true, but this love game has toyed with my emotions more than anything has before..."

Brian put his finger to my lips, guiding me over to the restrooms.

"Great, now everyone's looking at me..." I never dealt with attention well. I hate when people stare at me...

Thankfully, there was hardly anybody occupying them. Brian embraced me with no sign of releasing.

"Please don't be mad, I just...I couldn't hold it back anymore..."

"Mad? Of course I'm not mad. This is a rough ride for you, and I'm with you every step of the way. I will not sway you in any direction. This is your choice, your call. You've got to listen to your heart."

I gathered myself, returning the hug. "Ta, Brian."

"No problem. Now come on, please eat something. You'll feel better."

I smiled. I always secretly loved when he acted so motherly.

There was nothing but silence in the car ride home. I replayed his advice in my head:

"You've got to listen to your heart."

Before I could truly evaluate it, it was too late. We're back at the hotel, I've got to choose a Beatle, and the room is most likely-

Oh. It's fine. That's incredible.

"Y/N! Eppy! You're back! Look what I got you..." John shouted, hyper as can be.