Chapter 108.

| This chapter contains explicit content for an 18+ audience only. |

Amara's POV:

As I turn the handle of my apartment door, it opens to show Enzo lounged back with his feet on my coffee table—crossword in hand. Mason steps in front of me, folding his arms and leaning back. "Lorenzo," he says blankly.

His brothers face snaps up, before his brow furrows. "You told him?!" he throws his hands up.

"He sucked it out of me!" I whine.

His brow raises.

"Not like that!" I groan. He's Mason's brother alright.

He stands to his feet, rolling his eyes. "Little brother," a smirk appears on his face.

"You made her hide you here from me?" Mason scoffs, his arms crossing tighter.

"You're doing okay?" Enzo asks, his brow furrowed. He places his hand on Mason's shoulder with a step forward. "You're feeling better?"

"I'm fine." Mason replies.

He pulls Mason into a hug which only lasts a split second, before pushing him back off and cracking his neck. "Enough of that," he says.

They are so alike.

"Why are you here?" Mason asks.

"I told you I was visiting soon. I'm only here for a few more days, I was planning on calling you tomorrow actually."

I watch as Mason shifts on his heels uncomfortably. "Why didn't you tell me what happened?"

He sighs. "The doctors said not to, that you'd remember in your own time when your mind was ready. He said that it could be damaging to press memories on to you."

His eyes shift to me for backup. "Oh, he's right," I concur.

Mason nods with a sigh. He isn't going to push the subject anymore. "How are things back home?"

"Messy," he replies, reaching for an apple from the table and taking a bite. "Giovanni and Marco are dicks."

Mason laughs. "So nothing's changed?"

"Nothing's changed."

"How is Elio?" his expression shifts to concern.

"He's great," Enzo responds reassuringly. "He misses you. And he's kicking ass now."

"Good," a sense of pride makes its way onto Mason's face. "About time he picked up what I left him."

They both laugh as Enzo punches Mason... playfully, on the shoulder before his gaze shifts to me. "Amara, nice to see you... dry."

"Thanks," I roll my eyes.

"We should go to dinner before I leave," he suggests. "Tomorrow, or the next day. There has to be somewhere nice around here."

"Are you asking me out on a date in front of my girlfriend?" Mason raises his brow.

My eyes widen involuntarily as he uses the term 'girlfriend.' I mean I'm not naïve, I know what we've been doing—I know we're together. But we've just never used the terms since he's been back, since we've been back. We haven't had that conversation. Usually, a conversation like that wouldn't have to be had between two adults. But with the complications, and because it's Mason and I—my eyes widen.

I fix my expression before making the whole room uncomfortable.

"In your fucking dreams, I'm out of your league," Lorenzo retorts with a Mason like grin on his face. "I just thought I might as well spend some brotherly time before I go, I would say we can go to that interesting looking bar across the street... but I don't think drinking is on your agenda for now."