Chapter 91.

I awkwardly step inside and try not to focus on the abs that seem to be staring into my soul. "Like I said... I'm Amara," I say as I shake his hand nervously. "I'm so sorry for... that, I just came here to get my shoes. I didn't know Matt was home."

I turn around and elbow Matt on the arm. "Ow!" he groans. "What was that for?"

"I thought you were at work."

"I was..," he raises his brow with a smirk. "I took a break."

I can't help but let out another laugh. "You could've used an on-call room."

"And risk Bully Julie walking in? No thanks." he scoffs.

I roll my eyes before awkwardly side stepping towards his closet and retrieving my shoes from inside. "There they are." I say in a high pitched tone.

"Again, I'm so sorry." I scrunch my nose up, apologising to Matt's... boyfriend?

"It's okay, it's nice to meet you either way," he chuckles. "I've heard a lot about you."

"All good things I hope."

"Of course, I'm Jackson by the way." he smiles. Now I can finally put a name to the face. I try to hide my surprise at the irony, Jackson—reminding me of Jack. At least this one seems like a decent person.

"Excuse me," he mutters uncomfortably as he shuffles past us into the bathroom.

"Oh my god!" I mouth to Matt. The pictures Matt showed me did not do him justice, he is one beautiful man.

"I know right?" he whispers. "And the things he can do with that-"

"Shh!" I silence him. "He's right next door, tell me later."

"I will." he laughs. "I have to head back to work soon, before I get a page and I'm not in the building. What do you need your going-out shoes for?" he asks with a raised brow and I chuckle.

"Quentin and I are having a few drinks later." I tell him and wait for the reaction.

He raises his brow and crosses his arms. "Puppy dog eye Quentin? Hitting on you in the break room Quentin?"

"Yes," I roll my eyes. "He needs a friend, I specified it was as friends."

"Yes, Amara. I'm sure he heard it loud and clear." he taunts sarcastically.

"It wouldn't hurt for you to talk to him more, you work beside him." I say.

"Whenever I talk to him he just asks me about you," he rolls his eyes. "You have friendly fun tonight."

"Whatever, Matthew." I scowl and he lets out an audible gasp.

"Low... that was low." he huffs.

"Okay, I'll see you later." I laugh. He leans in to kiss me goodbye, but I shove him away. "I do not know where that mouth has been in the past half hour."

"Yeah, wise choice." he shrugs, a smirk on his face.

"Goodbye, Matt." I shake my head as I leave. The sound of him giggling to himself in the background.

I make my way home and get changed. Not into anything special, I'm not dressing to impress. I do decide, however, to straighten my hair. Even though I don't need to worry about how I look in front of Quentin, it's nice to get ready for something.

By the time I get ready I'm almost running late, as usual. The drive over there was straight forward, no traffic and surprisingly, his house really isn't so far away from mine. I raise my brow as I follow the directions he left me, into the nice part of town. As I pull up outside I almost question whether I got the address right, only to have my question answered by him greeting me at the gate.