13 | cameron

I had walked for days on end. No grounders trying to kill me, no Bellamy trying to save me. Just me, peaceful almost. I would eat berries I knew were edible, nuts and some meat if I could find it. I even found a little lake to 'shower' in.

I tried washing my hair but without shampoo, it was useless. I put my half hair up in a high ponytail and the rest in a low ponytail and tried to braid a few pieces to keep it tamed.

I don't know how Raven kept hers so clean honestly.

It was late at night and I couldn't get to sleep so I was laying on the ground looking at the stars, it was a clear night. All of the sudden I heard bushes rustling. I sit up quickly and grab my gun and point it toward the noise.

"Don't fire." I hear and unknown deep voice speak from behind the bush.

"Why shouldn't I?" I ask standing up still pointing my gun at the bush.

"Because I'm human." The voice speaks again and walks out with his hands raised in defence.

He was a grounder for sure, he was wearing animal skin for clothes but I could see his face, a baby face compared to the other grounders I've seen. I would guess he's around 18. He had brown hair, from what I could see because it was so dark. He had freckles I think, or it was just dirt.

"Yeah but you're a grounder, how do I know this isn't a trap?" I ask walking towards the boy.

"If it was a trap you'd be caught by now. Lower your weapon... thing." He walks closer to me too. I lower my gun and he lowers his hands.

"I'm Cameron." He states.

"Avery..." I reply holding my hand out. He just looks at me. I grab his hand and he flinched back. "No no, shake my hand." I say grabbing his hand again and shaking it with mine.

"Are you all alone?" He asks me looking at my poorly set up camp.

"Yeah for now, you?" I answer. I would be lying if I said he wasn't cute. Why was he alone though?

"Yes, but I'm supposed to be hunting right now and bringing it back to my sister." He replies. He walks back towards his bush and grabs a spear that was on the ground.

"Um, are you hunting for food or me?" I question him worried. He smiles.

"For food don't worry. I've been out all night and haven't found any. Want to maybe... come back with me?" He asks calmly. He probably knows where Clarke, Finn and Monty are.

"Sure. Why not." I say and begin walking with him.

***

Cameron brought me to a small village where I assumed he was from, turns out this is just where he puts his horse.

"You're going to want to change." He mentions looking me up and down before we get on his horse.

"What why?" I ask looking at my leggings and sweater.

"If my people see someone wearing that in our home, they'll be dead. You'll be dead." He says and hands me a black corset type thing and told me I could keep my black tights on. He gives me new boots and a weird silver chest protecter.

"Dude I'm not wearing this I look like a gladiator." I joke. He looks confused. "Ok never mind um, fine whatever." I say putting the clothes on. We get on his horse and start riding, shortly after I fell asleep.

"Avery. Avery wake up." I hear when I'm shook awake by Cameron. "Welcome to my village." I slowly open my eyes to see a bunch of tents and small houses and people, living, working and just being human. It looked peaceful. I am greeted by a woman with short hair and dark skin.