34 | promise

"You're in love with me?" I ask him raising my eyebrows confused as fuck.

"Apparently." He looks at my lips and back up to my eyes.

"Fuck you Bellamy."

"What now?"

"You can't be in love with me. Because I'm in love with you. And you're going to break my heart. Because that's what you do. That's who you are." I take a sharp breath keeping the eye contact.

"No I won't, Avery."

"You will. One of us will. It's bound to happen."

"Why? Why can't we just not break each others hearts?" He steps closer to me again.

"Because, Bellamy."

"Avery. I don't ever want to hurt you. I wish I could take back what I've done in the past but I can't. I won't ever break your heart."

"You promise?"

"As long as you promise not to break mine."

"Like I could break Bellamy Blakes heart." I roll my eyes but he looks at me still serious.

"Say you promise."

"Fine. I promise not to break your heart."

"And I promise not to break your heart, Avery Kane."

I knew one of us would break this promise. We both knew we couldn't stay together. If we were meant to be, we wouldn't have taken this long to find each-other. It's just a basic relationship. Lasts for a few months and then we break up.

***

"Knockout gas, mount weathers finest. As soon as they bring Ontari out, we put her to sleep." Miller shows Bellamy and puts the bombs in the car.

"Because she's chipped, you'll have to EMP her." Raven warns.

"Why don't we just EMP Cam?" I asked. Seemed like an easier way.

"Because he might die." Raven responds.

"But you didn't?"

"You're right but we don't want to risk it. I don't want to risk Cam. I'm still connected to Alie. I don't know how but-"

"You don't want Cam to go through the same?" I finish her sentence. She was protecting him. She knows how hard it was. Doesn't want to lose him the way she lost Finn.

I assume.

"Right."

"But I thought Jaha destroyed all the wristbands?" Jasper asks.

Valid point there Jasper.

"He did. But now I'm here. There's only enough usable parts to rebuild one, so use it wisely. Made a few improvements, too." Raven speaks. She's so confident, it's hot. No joke.

"No, no. Avery's right. We can just use it on Cam." Jasper agrees with me.

"No, if he dies then Ontari will be Heda no matter what. We can't take any chances, not with Lexa dead." Clarke rasps and then jumps in the rover. We all just stand around after her little meltdown.

"What are we waiting for?" Octavia and Roan walk together. In sync. In slow motion. I could make such a good edit out of this.

"Let's move out." Bellamy instructs.

Yes sir.

"May we meet again." Bellamy hugs Raven. I hug Monty at the same time.

"May we meet again." Me and Monty's foreheads align and we stay here for a moment. Like a forehead hug.