9 | waterfall

Me and Bellamy begin our journey back to camp with a bag full of guns. I didn't want to actually use the guns against the grounders, I was just hoping it might scare them off. The grounder we held captive, or should I say Bellamy held captive, meant no harm. The way I see it, he was here first, we took his land and all he's trying to do now is survive. The way he looked at Octavia reminded me he is human. We don't kill humans.

"Hey you've been uncharacteristically quiet." Bellamy says pulling me out of my thoughts. He's carrying all the bags. We found out the bag of rations were hallucinogens, we left it behind.

"I just have nothing to say." I reply. He obviously was trying to figure out what I saw under the influence of the uh- drugs?

"So... what did the nuts make you see?" He asks.

There it is.

I wasn't going to tell him I saw my mom. No matter how much I wanted to, Bellamy and I were no longer close friends.

I didn't trust this new Bellamy, nor did I want to share my deepest secrets with him. I mean he already knew about my mom but I never told him I thought I was the reason for her death.

How do you even tell someone that.

"I don't know. It was just super weird. You?" I ask. He has no time to answer as we arrive back to camp hearing Miller scream that the grounder was gone. I bet Octavia has something to do with this...

"Let the grounders come." I hear Bellamy say as we walk through the door. Whispers run around camp from ear to ear with excitement.

"We've been afraid of them for far too long, and why? Because of their knives and spears. I don't know about you. But I'm tired of being afraid." He calls out to camp as he brings the bag of guns forward showing them to the camp.

My face turns red immediately when I see Octavia and Finn shocked that I would even be this close to a gun. No to mention my huge black eyes and bloody nose and lips. I watch as Clarke runs up to the guns and immediately wants to take charge which I allow.

"These are weapons, okay, not toys, and we have to be prepared to give them up to the guard when the guard when the drop ships come. But until then, they're gonna help keep us safe." She begins.

"And there are plenty more where these came from. Tomorrow Avery and I will start training you all, and if the grounders come, we're gonna be ready to fight." Bellamy adds, looking to me. I turn away and begin to walk back to the drop ship.

I needed to put something on my eyes. As I walk in I see Monty and Jasper hanging out inside.

"Hey guys." I say. I watch their heads turn to me, then they walk up to me and hug me.

"Are you okay Avery? You have a little something here." Monty answers as he pokes my bruised eye. We all laugh but then I stop. I was reminded by myself why I have this eye.

"I killed Dax." I say. Silence falls upon the three of us.

"You what?" Jasper asks. They looked shocked, I had to tell them everything.

I explain every last detail until they understand. They decide they should leave me alone for a bit, I let them. I was fine with being alone. Then Clarke walks into the drop ship.

"Bellamy needs your help with something." She says and walks out leaving no time for me to reply. I get up quick and follow her to the tent where only hours ago, I spoke with my dad.

"What's up?" I ask Bellamy. He looks up to me and Clarke leaves the tent.

"Jaha pardoned me for my crimes." He smiles at me. Bellamy Blake smiled, I hope I see more of it.