28 | falling

We made it back to the cave. Little to no talking all the way back. I talked to Monty and that was it. Sure I was mad at Monty for choosing the wrong side at the start but he made his way back.

"O., wait you can't just leave." I hear Bellamy from across the cave.

"Watch me." She begins packing a bag.

"Octavia if you leave me with this idiot I'll kill myself." I join in.

"You heard what Jasper said on the radio. Arkadia is not safe." Bellamy ignores my comment.

"What Jasper said sounds insane. He's insane. Pike is gone now so I can handle myself. Grounders burn their dead. Avery you coming?"

"Hey, I know that, and they what? Where you gonna go?" He puts his hands up to stop her.

"You don't get to ask me that."

"What more do I have to do to prove that I am on your side."

"You could eat a big or something gross." I joke.

"Bring Lincoln back." Octavia assured.

"Or that. Yeah I like hers more."

She walks past him about to leave I didn't know if I was supposed to follow or not yet so I stayed on the ground seated.

"Turning Pike in does not make you on if the good guys, Bellamy. You did that to save me, not because what you thought Pike was doing to the grounders was wrong." Octavia spits.

Bellamy turns around to face her. "The grounders we're starving us out."

"Because you massacred an army that was sent to protect us."

"That army could've attacked us at any time and you know it."

"But it didn't." I stand up. I do enjoy watching them fight but this was a boring one. "Did it? No you attacked while they slept like cowards."

"You were hurting and you lashed out because that's what you do. There are consequences, Bellamy. People get hurt. People die, your people. Monroe's dead. Lincoln is dead." Octavia finishes and walks out of the cave, Bellamy follows.

I wait about 20 seconds until I hear Clarke's voice echo throughout the cave. I turn around to see her.

"Clear some space!" She shouts. Sinclair jumps up and runs to help.

Bellamy carried Raven in bridal style.

"What the hell happened to her?" Sinclair asks

"I told you on the radio. Raven is not Raven anymore none of them are."

"You figured out what the chip is, yeah?" I walk to Jasper.

"Not really. All I know is everyone is chipped."

"Jaspers right I've seen it with my own eyes." Clarke added.

"What? The chip is in TonDC? Cameron just went back there."

"Explain." Bellamy rasped.

"The chip Jaha is giving out is controlling everyone. You swallow it, and it changes you. You forget who you are, and then you see this thing Alie, only SHES not really there. She made Raven slit her own wrists. She was trying to get it out of her head, I was trying to help her but-"

"Ok, so let's help her now. Did she say how?" Sinclair asks Jasper.

"She was working on building something. She needed one of our old wristbands, but Jaha destroyed all of them."

"Wait a second." Clarke pauses. "Does it look like this?"

I look to see Ravens eyes open and look at the key Clarke was holding. I grab it out of her hand.