Weird Behavior

~Kayna~

It took until after Thwok left the conversation for me to figure out something was going on. His tone of voice somewhat shifted when I told him about the Bowgart Challenge, almost like he knew something I didn't. And if that wasn't enough, he left in a hurry instead of walking or running off. I mean, as silly as that thought is, I think I'm right? Honestly, I couldn't tell. Maybe I'm still a bit disturbed about earlier.

      "Is everything alright, Kayna?" Yool asked me. I just watched as Thwok entered the hotel, gripping his tongue a bit as he did.

      "Yeah, I'm fine, Yool."

      "Is it the Thwok fellow?"

      "I-...yeah, it is. He seemed...uncomfortable when I told him about the challenge. You know, with the Bowgart?"

      "Ah, yes. Do not fear, dear Kayna. I'm sure he will gain his senses."

      "Alright, Yool."

      "Still having those trances?"

      "Yes, Yool. They're...they're getting worse." I listened to him sigh and felt his hand on my shoulder.

      "Do not worry. I will try and find something. You understand my dilemma, no?"

      "Yes, Yool." I looked around. All of the monsters have begun playing games and teaming to figure out the Bowgart's name. "I'm...I'm going to talk to Deedge, alright?"

      "Go along, Kayna. I will see you soon."

      "Bye, Yool."

      "Bye, Kayna." As Yool waved me off, I went around and watched some of the other monsters play. 

The island was full of festive cheer despite the monsters being all chill. In the corner of my eye, I saw Potbelly pin the Tweedle's tail on its chest, and I couldn't help but giggle to myself. Looking around, I saw Bona hanging out with Dandidoo and Spunge. I smiled a bit and waved, saying hi to the group. Bona looked at me, and instead of saying something like "Hey Kayna!", he squinted at me and did a quick wave before turning back to the other two.

Though I just giggled a bit and walked off, I knew something was wrong. Bona was just fine with me earlier, so I didn't see why he was acting the way he did. Was it something the Wublins normally do or was it...me? Did I do something wrong? Or was it something I said? I really hope I didn't offend the Wublins in any way.

Trying to forget about the entire Wublin issue, I continued on and looked for Deedge. It took me a bit because of all the snow and ice, but I finally managed to find him. He was conversing with Mammott who also happened to have a clipboard. The only difference between the Mammott of this island and Plant Island is that this Mammott wore glasses to shield his eyes from the snow. Thought I'd add a fun fact, you know?

      "Hey, Deedge!" I said once he wasn't as occupied. He looked over at me with those half-lidded eyes and sighed.

      "Kayna."

      "Yep, that's me!"

      "What do you need?"

      "I just wanted to check in on you, see how you're doing."

      "I'm fine, thank you. How are you doing?"

      "Just dandy! Say, you met the Wublins, right?"

      "The 'Wublins' came with you, right? If so, then I met them when I saw you."

      "Oh, right, heh heh." I heard him sigh again and look up at me.

      "What about them?"

      "Notice anything...I don't know, weird about them? Maybe something, I dunno, off?"

      "Nope. Seem normal to me, why?"

      "I was just asking." There was a small silence between us.

      "It's these trances, isn't it?"

      "What do you mean?"

      "Are you still having trances?"

      "I...yeah."

      "That might be the problem. You might be mixing things up."

      "You sure?"

      "Mhm. If you're still having trances, and you're becoming unsure of the monsters around you, then it's the trances."

      "Eh, I don't know, Deedge." He let out a heavy sigh and grabbed a small cloth bag. Looking up at me, he gave me the bag and held a finger to his mouth.

      "If you feel like you're going to faint, put one of those cubes in your head where the smoke leaves. In theory, it should prevent you from passing out suddenly and give you the chance to get a grip. Got that?"

      "Mhm." Unsure, I pocketed the bag and glanced around at the other monsters. "You know, I was on Plant Island earlier."

      "I know you were."

      "Really?"

      "Mhm. Heard the overpassing Glowls talking about it. Someone found the fear of that pumpkin head?"

      "Yeah! Didn't think too much about it, to be honest. You know, being alone?"

      "Right, and how much do I wanna bet it was one of the Wublins who found out?"

      "Alright, you got me."

      "Mmmhm." With a glance, he looked around. He then leaned toward me and lowered his voice to a whisper. "Got word from Entbrat?"

      "About?"

      "You know." My face faltered.

      "No, I haven't." Deedge gave a quick exhale before pulling away. 

      "So he's playing that game, huh?"

      "What do you mean?"

      "You remember that letter he had you give me around a year or two ago?"

      "Mhm."

      "It wasn't a 'friendly' letter, per se." It was my turn to sigh.

      "One of those, huh? Who do you have helping you?"

      "Shellbeat for now. I was hoping to reach out to Tring and Sneyser, but they had nothing to do with this in the first place you know?"

      "What about the-"

      "You and the Wublins should be fine. As long as...he, doesn't intervene, you guys should be alright by the time Summersong starts. You are still doing Summersong, no?"

      "Uh...no."

      "Thought so. They can get...you know them." I nodded in agreement. "As long as they don't get involved, this should be a breeze."

      "You'll be alright, right?" Deedge looked up at me, and then looked down.

      "I wish I could tell you, Kayna. For now, go and play with your friends. Remember what I said."

      "I...alright, Deedge. See you soon."

      "See you soon, Kayna."