Escape and Confrontation

~Bona~

I've been trying to get this door open for way too long. I have tried banging into it, ramming it down, kicking it down, even tried calling for help. Whoever installed the door made it entirely out of some sort of strong metal. Plus, the braces wouldn't budge even if I smashed my head against the wall.

Uuduk wasn't doing anything while we were trapped in here. All he did was watch as I failed to open the door and get help. His eye burned into my fur as I paced the room, trying to figure out how to get out. I looked at Uuduk who was just watching my every move.

      "What are you waiting for?" I lowly tried to growl. "We need to get out of here."

I watched in confusion as Uuduk lightly tapped the ground with his  horns. He kept tapping in a pattern, and I realized that he was trying to speak in a sort of  code. Not knowing how much time we had left, I quickly etched a code into the ground. Uuduk looked at the ground and started tapping.

      "B-R-E-A-K H-O-R-N T-I-P W-I-T-H F-I-S-T," he tapped out.

      "You're crazy," I growled. He shook his head and tapped again.

      "T-R-U-S-T M-E." I rolled my eyes and slammed my fists down on his horns, causing the tips to break.

I watched as Uuduk shuffled to the center of the room and faced the door. With a deep breath, he blew into the horns and held a long and loud note. The sound bounced off the walls and eventually made the metal crack. Taking the cuffs off of my hands, I went over and tore the door off of its hinges.

      "Let's get out of here," I growled with glee.

~Thwok~

It was a cold and dark ascension up the bone and crystal and scale ladder, but I couldn't stop going up now. I was way too high up to give in now, and I knew I was so close to the suspects. This was for Bona, I continued to remind myself. All of this was to find Bona and Bona only.

      "We're close," I heard an airy voice say. "I can see the darkness parting."

      "Wao wao!" erupted another voice.

      "Focus, focus. The human world we must get to!" I knew these voices, which made me really upset and climb the ladder faster.

      "Wait, who is that behind us?"

      "Friend Hawlo?" I emerged into their view and grabbed a hold of Phangler's leg. He hollered and tried to shake me off.

      "Let go, let go!" he shouted.

      "Wheuh is Ona?" I demanded.

      "I do not know, now please let me go!" I gripped his leg tighter as my pegs spun.

      "Wheuh. Is. Ona?"

      "Like I said, I do not know!" I held Phangler over the island, threatening to drop him.

      "You bettuh tell me thuh trooth in thuh nexht thuree seconds. Wheuh. Is. Ona?"

      "Okay, okay, I'll tell you! I'll tell you! He's in the castle grounds in the lowest floor, now please let me go!"

Holding Phangler close, I started making my descent with the other monsters following. I heard a crack, and the next thing I knew the ladder collapsed and we were falling. I held onto Phangler close, thinking about Bona and Petite and Wublin Island and every other monster on it. Preparing for impact, I felt arms catch me. Looking up, I was relieved.

      "Ona!" I cheered, then fell silent.

Bona wasn't happy. I could tell by the stare he was giving off that he wanted to do something he might regret. He was staring at Phangler with his glowing yellow eyes, and did he have...braces? Looking behind him, I saw Uuduk with some sort of metal on his horns, mouth, and hands. Whatever happened to them, I felt bad for. Phangler, on the other hand, wanted to run off.

      "What in the...?" I looked over at Kayna who was just as confused as me.

      "We need to talk," I think I heard Bona growl.