Plant Island

~Thwok~

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. As we flew up, the water underneath us shined and sparkled. There was no more of that barrier around the edge, so I had to be careful. In the distance, I saw these red glowing birds flying around in a group and some sort of bright island. If I listened closely, I could hear bongos and a lyre playing along to humming.

      "Woah, look at that!" Petite shouted. Looking at where she was looking, my eyes widened as we went farther away from a very large volcano.

      "Whaht is that?"

      "The Living Core, also known as Fire Haven," Kayna said. "It's where most fire monsters live."

      "Mohst?"

      "Well, some of the fire monsters decided to reside on what they call the Fire Oasis, and as far as I know it's the only island made by monsters."

      "Must take a lot of work," Bona said.

      "It was a lot of work, actually. The monsters worked on Fire Oasis for a couple of months."

After the talk about Fire Oasis, we all looked around at the sights before us. There was a huge mountain with lots of snow on top of it. On the other side, we could see a red storm brewing far away. Little miniships were flying in the sky as we passed under an island's shadow.

I looked forward and dropped my tongue in awe. In front of us stood a luscious green island covered in vines and leaves. We could see large trees and smell the pumpkins as we drew near. Cellos were heard strumming with keyboards and cymbals were crashing with snare drums.

As we went over the island, the monsters underneath started to cheer and holler up at us. I looked at Bona who didn't seem okay with any of this. We watched as the skyship rested near the edge of the island where most of the monsters were gathered. Kayna moved from the wheel and got to a stand where every monster could see her.

"Hello, Plant Island. It is I, Kayna of Bone Island. A pleasure to see you all today. I've brought some friends along with me!" A tremble of talking was heard among the monsters. "Relax, relax. They are kind and gentle. Every monster, meet Thwok, Bona, and Petite of Wublin Island!"

As we stepped up next to Kayna, we were able to see the "diversity of monsters," Bona would call it. There were many tall and small, young and old, furry and slimy monsters in the crowd. Kayna walked down the bridge and expected us to follow. I took a deep breath and tried not to look down at the sea below us. Landing on solid ground, I could feel the little bits of grass between my hooves.

I looked around at the monsters surrounding us. There was a monster with a cymbal in its clawed hand, a monster that looked like a tree, and a monster with only a mouth. Though there were many more, I was a fond of the little green monster with large feet and a small stalk on its head.

Hearing a loud thump, I looked at Bona who landed right next to me with his arms crossed. I stayed beside him as Petite climbed out and sat on his shoulder. Suddenly, all of the monsters in front of us moved aside and revealed a monster that was just as tall as Bona. He had leaves covering a part of his neck, and his horns were as long as my tongue. Looking up, he was very "intimidating".

~Bona~

The monster walked up to us and examined us with his rather large eyes. He was big for a monster, as tall as me just about. It was the stare that made him more menacing however, not the size. We both had a staring contest for a bit before he looked at Petite and finally Thwok. Suddenly, he had a huge smile plastered onto his face.

      "New monsters!" he exclaimed. Thwok and Petite were both confused while I rolled my eyes.

      "Yes, sir. Thwok, Petite, Bona, this is Entbrat. He is the main monster of the island," Kayna introduced. "Entbrat, this is Thwok, Bona, and Petite. They represent Wublin Island." Entbrat jumped and clapped with glee.

      "New monsters!" he kept chanting. I watched as a smaller white monster with a clipboard came up in front of Entbrat.

      "I apologize for his actions. If you weren't aware I am Mammott, his right hand monster. You are?"

      "I'm Bona, she's Petite, and he's Thwok," I answered. I watched him write something down on the clipboard.

      "Alright, right this way."

After introductions were made, we had a tour around the island. Mammott pointed out structures such as the breeding station and the nursery. Like Bone Island, the island had a large castle standing proud for all to see. Something about Mammott made me feel queasy around him, like I've seen him somewhere in the past.

Eventually, we were taken to a large hotel building with multiple floors and rooms. Everything was giving me déjà vu, like I've seen it before somewhere else. Thwok and Petite were watching in awe as the lights in the hotel flickered and shimmered brightly. I just watched as Kayna to Mammott like she knew him already.

We were led to a room with two large beds and a desk to write at. There was a shelf full of books as well as a little cup for pens and pencils. Above us was a picture of the constellations in the sky, and below us was a map of the islands. I looked at Wublin Island which was all the way in the corner of the room. Seeing the distance between Wublin Island and Bone Island made me feel sick.

      "Don't worry, they're with me," Kayna said to Mammott. Mammott sighed and left the hotel. Kayna looked at us. "So, what do you think?"

      "It's amazing!" Petite hollered. Thwok agreed while I nodded my head. I watched as Petite bounced on one of the beds and giggled in delight.

      "Sould whe head to bed?" Thwok asked. "It's gehtting kinda lahte."

      "Not a bad idea," Kayna responded.

As always, Petite pulled me into bed with her as Thwok got on from the other side. Testing my patience, he decided to rest with Petite and climbed into my chest. I didn't mind this as I laid down. Like usual, I thought about Wublin Island and the human world before drifting off to sleep.