Cacophony, Captivity, and Confusion

~Withur~

It was only one task. Play a song different from and hard to listen to on my own part, not too difficult of a task. For the greater good, he promised us. We would go up, up beyond the darkness once we're done. A change of scenery. Oh, I would love to see sights that do not consist of bone and crystal and flora. Something new, I want to see.

I silently watched as friend Fwog traversed in his ordinary frog-like gait towards me and friend Hawlo. He then spoke with his dialect consisting of one singular sound to us, telling us of the positions of our targets. We were pleased by such information and prepared to initiate our plan.

When I caught the glimpse of a light glowing, I scratched the plates of my skeletal instrument. The sound pierced through the air for all to hear. I tried to keep my composure as I left scratch marks on the plates, Fwog screeched at uneven pitches, and Hawlo hit his chest roughly out of tempo.

Compared to how we sound normally, the music we produced was atrocious. That was the task we were given, after all. Monsters around us were holding their heads in a panic, trying to tune out the music we were making. Once I saw flashing lights, I stopped friend Hawlo and friend Fwog and brought them to the lower room.

      "Friend Phangler, any information regarding the human world monsters?"

      "Caught and kept in confinement until we return. We're ready for ascension."

~Bona~

Everything went into chaos faster than I could process it. I was only talking to Uuduk about the human world and Wublin Island and such when everyone started freaking out. Uuduk winced at the noise and looked at me for any explanation. I shrugged and watched the monsters running around.

      "Why in the..."

      "Uuduk, buddy, I don't know either."

      "Who-"

      "I don't know. Let's try to-" The last thing I remember was a cold, wet hand hitting my neck before passing out.

The first thing I saw when I woke up was nothing but gray. I tried to speak only to find that I had braces on that prevent me from moving my mouth. Looking around, I found Uuduk laying on the ground in metal cuffs covering his horns and hands. We were trapped with no way out.

Once Uuduk woke up, he quickly came to the realization I came to and quietly panicked. In the situation, I silently tried to comfort him while attempting to keep my own composure. I knew that there was a way out of this, but how I wasn't so sure. All I hoped for was to get out preferably alive.

~Thwok~

I don't know what happened. One moment I was talking with a few of the monsters, and the next we were all screaming for mercy. Scratching and shrieking and banging was all we could hear, and it hurts. The sudden jumble of noises pierced my ears and made me want to rip all of my fur out.

For some reason, the noises made me dizzy and uneasy. I suddenly felt numb everywhere, and I couldn't see straight. Were the rocks around me...floating? There was no way of clearly telling. From the corner of my eye, I could swear I saw something large hurling itself towards me. Unable to take the pain, I shut my eyes and prepared for impact.

As suddenly as it started, the noises stopped. A loud thud erupted right next to me. When I was able to open my eyes and adjust to what was around me, I turned to see a huge boulder planted beside me. I turned to see Kayna and some of the other monsters rushing towards me and asking questions. 

      "Thwok, are you okay?"

      "You nearly got hit by that boulder!"

      "You okay?"

      "Guys, I..." I had to pause and take a minute to think as I leaned against the boulder. "I juhst need to see Ona."

      "Speaking of, where is he?"

      "And where's Uuduk?" I blinked and looked around frantically. Bona nor Uuduk were in sight, which frightened me. Panicking, I did the only thing I could do at that moment.

      "ONA!!!"