Similar

~Bona~

It took me a bit to wake up, but when I did everything stung bad. I couldn't feel my legs nor arms, my vision was blurry, and I swore I could hear some sort of flute. Everything was just misery. After a while, I got used to my surroundings and came face to face with the one eyed double horn monster Uuduk.

      "So, you're finally awake."

      "What do you want from me?"

      "Relax, friend. I mean no harm. I just wanted to talk, you know. Get to know each other better."

      "And what's that supposed to mean?"

      "Just a nice chat is all I'm lookin' for." I hesitated a bit, studying Uuduk while doing so.

      "Alright? What do you plan to 'talk' about?"

      "Just general topics, friend. Let's say, hobbies and whatnot. What do you normally do?"

It was hard to answer that question. Normally, I'd be alone at my desk or hanging out with Thwok, but I couldn't just tell him that. I couldn't bring up what happened on Wublin Island due to my own paranoia. The best thing I could do in this situation was to lie to him like I have been with the other monsters.

      "I...just chat with other monsters?"

      "Ah, that's nice, you know. Having friends to talk to. You're fortunate enough to have a friend by your side."

This was where I started getting suspicious. Though I came from the human world, I've hung around enough monsters to know how their weird dialect works. They refer to their friends as "fellow monsters" instead of the proper term. The question is: why isn't Uuduk referring to me as a "fellow monster"?

      "Alright, now I got a question. How come you're not using 'fellow monster' or 'monster' in general?"

      "Well, you really wanna know why?" I nodded. "Bona, dear, we're merely two pieces of a bigger whole."

      "What...do you mean?" I stared at his now glowing yellow eye with fear in mine.

      "Promise not to tell?" I sighed and  looked up at Uuduk.

      "Promise."

      "I'm not from this world." That threw me off so much.

      "I...I'm sorry?"

      "I know you aren't either. It's easy to tell, you know."

      "Wait, if you're not from here, then..."

      "You know, I was going to be with you guys."

      "What do you mean?"

      "I was going to be a Wublin."

      "No. Way."

      "Mhm. They thought that I was a bad idea, so They threw me out. I was a goner, well, until He saved me. He knew that I had potential, but He also knew that They didn't want me. The best thing He could do was put me here on Bone Island."

      "Wait, They? He?"

      "Yep. Up there." I looked up to see darkness above the both of us.

      "There's nothing."

      "No, beyond the darkness."

      "May I know where you're from, exactly?"

      "Well, I'm from the human world." My eyes widened. Someone else from the human world besides me.

      "Th-The human world?! Oh my goodness I'm from there too!"

      "Really?"

      "Yeah! I have so many questions-" That's when I heard rustling. I turned around to see nothing behind me.

      "We should get going. Talk later?" I looked at Uuduk and smiled.

      "Yeah. Totally."