Caught

~Thwok~

For a while I've been pacing the floor of Bona's room thinking about what to do. I was careful about the hole in the floor, which I assumed was from Maulch. Looking at Bona, I could see the stress in his glowing yellow eyes. Honestly, I would feel the same in this situation.

      "What are we going to do?" Bona asked, running his claws through the fur on his head.

      "I don't know, Ona. I don't know. Maybe dis isth for thuh bettuh."

      "What do you mean 'this is for the better?' We can get in serious trouble, Thwok." Bona sighed and held his head.

      "Whe could tawk to dem."

      "Or better yet, we can leave before they get to us."

      "Ahre you clahzy! Where do whe goh?"

      "Somewhere that isn't here, that's where."

      "But Ona-"

      "Thwok, don't. Please." Bona gripped his head tighter as he groaned a bit. I looked down and felt ashamed.

For the longest time Bona and I have kept our secret. I felt like if any other monster knew, why not just confirm their point? Of course I understood what Bona was doing for me, but even he couldn't keep it up forever.

      "Thwok? Big Bro?" a small voice squeaked. I looked down at Petite, who look very worried. "You two are wanted."

~Petite~

I didn't like what was about to happen. Big Bro and Thwok don't deserve it, yet here they are. I might cry, which is something Big Bro taught me about. These monsters are mean, like Big Bro said they were.

Watching as Big Bro and Thwok went up to the island's surface, I hid in Big Bro's chest. I wasn't ready for what every other monster had planned. A shadow went over us, so Big Bro and Thwok turned around.

All the Wublins were there. Pixolotl, Screemu, Gheegur, Creepscule, a few others, and then the biggest meanie on the island. Maulch, Big Bro calls him. I don't like him and how loud he is all the time. He's really mean and scary.

      "Well well well. Bona and Thwok, together once more," he hollered.

      "What do you want?" Big Bro growled. I saw him 'clutching his fist,' I think he called it.

      "We've seen you two, well, breaking the code of the island. We're just here to get you two straight." Screemu and Gheegur jumped down from the platform above the entrance and walked towards us. I could see some monster behind them all, but I couldn't really see who.

      "Dis isth unnecuhssaly!" Thwok yelped. I barely heard him at the end since his tongue was swelling up from fear. I stared up at the figure with horror as something called a tear rolled down my cheek.

~Bona~

Welp, here's the endgame. This was where it all ended. I wished that I could do so much more with Thwok, but knowing this island I wasn't going to get it. Here we are, facing the rest of the island with nothing but a swollen tongue, a third eye, and sharp claws to fight back with.

We were near the edge of the island. Screemu and Gheegur were inching closer and closer to us, trying to get us to fall off. Thwok made a yelping noise, and I instinctively grabbed his arm. Apparently he nearly fell into the abyss, and it was only a matter of time before we're shoved in forcefully.

It was then that I told myself that we didn't have to die off like this. Quickly checking my surroundings, I caught sight of Creepscule's neck exposed for all to see. I looked at Thwok's tongue, which has started to calm down on the swelling. Looking at the tongue and then Creepscule's neck, I finally figured out how to get out of this mess.

Screemu and Gheegur watched me in shock as I grabbed Thwok's tongue and formed it into a lasso. I muttered an apology to him, but I don't think he heard me over his yelping. The lasso flew into the air and wrapped around Creepscule's neck perfectly. We were fortunate that it's arm things couldn't reach up that far.

      "Hang on," I hollered as I backed up, causing Thwok's tongue to stretch.

After letting my feet off the ground, we were flying in the air towards Creepscule's direction. I heard Thwok yelp and Petite scream as we went past the Wublins. We slowed down in velocity as Thwok's tongue stretched again. Soon enough we were launched again, this time Creepscule's neck was free from the tongue's slimy grasp.

      "Bona!" Maulch screamed loudly as we soared into the fog.