Matters to Discuss

~Petite~

We all watched as Big Sis went down into the large ship part of the skyship. I felt really bad for her, since I could tell that she wasn't feeling good at all. Thwok looked at me and Big Bro and told us that he was going to head down with her, so he too disappeared into the ship part of the skyship.

I went up to Big Bro and sat by the little buttons and pushy things as he gripped the circle thingy. It started to get cold, but I was able to find some pretty looking fur to keep me warm. Big Bro was focused on getting to Cold Island, so I let him be as I played with the fur a bit.

While we sailed through the cold clouds, I thought about home and if we were ever going to return. Looking at Big Bro, I watched the focused look on his face that told me to leave him alone. The asking words made me want to bother Big Bro, but I didn't want to upset him. He glanced at me, then back forward.

      "You want to ask me something, don't you?"

      "Y-Yeah. Uh, Big Bro, will we ever get home?"

      "I mean, we've made it this far. It'd be foolish to turn back now." I nodded because I knew he was right.

      "I'm sorry, Big Bro. I'm sorry I told them."

      "You don't need to be, Petite. You had a reason to tell them."

      "I didn't want you or Thwok hurt, but here we are now."

      "Petite, if anyone needs to be sorry, it's me." I stared up at him.

      "Why is that? You did nothing wrong."

      "I..." Big Bro sighed. "I should've listened to Thwok when he said to be more, you know, 'open' with this relationship, but instead I put him down and got us into more trouble than we should be in."

      "Big Bro, this isn't your fault. I think it's okay that you and Thwok love each other very much! I don't know why the others don't think so, but I think it's okay." Big Bro smiled at me a bit.

      "Thanks, sis."

      "You're welcome, Big Bro." I looked down and thought for a second. "Hey, Big Bro?"

      "Yes?"

      "Do you and Thwok still love each other?"

      "Very, yes."

      "What is Thwok to you?" Big Bro looked down for a second to think.

      "Well..."

      "Yeah?"

      "It's...hard, to describe what he is to me. You don't mind if I come back to you with my answer later, do you?"

      "I don't mind at all!" I giggled at the funny words Big Bro was using. More ask words popped into my head. "Hey Big Bro, how do you feel about Big Sis?"

      "Who?"

      "Lava girl?"

      "Oh, Kayna? Well..." I watched as his face became more "bitter", he'd call it. "I'm not really a fond of what she has planned. She does know more than the average monster does, which puts me in an iffy position. However, she has helped us out before. Doesn't mean I trust her with my life, but I'm aware of what she's capable of as of right now."

      "Oh," I looked down with a small frown. "Alright then." I glanced at the trapdoor and wondered if Thwok was ever going to come up from there.

~Thwok~

After Kayna went down into the ship, I told Bona that I was going to follow her. Slipping through the trapdoor and landing on my hooves, I followed Kayna down a lightly lit hallway. There were pictures on the walls of maps and islands and star patterns. I looked up at a picture of Wublin Island and watched every bit of the picture.

This was a photo, Bona would call it. Or, at least, a really good drawing. From the electric sparks to the fireflies surrounding the island, Kayna had everything in the picture perfect. I started to feel something weird drip down my cheeks from my eyes. This new feeling wouldn't let me move, no matter how much I tried.

The edge of the island reminded me of the first day I met Bona. I was just in my room, reading about the history of Wublin Island when I heard running outside of my room. Peeking out, I caught the glimpse of a glowing tail quickly turning the corner. Before I could lose him, I quickly rushed out with my tongue wrapped around my neck.

Following who I knew was Pixolotl, I came across all of the Wublins at the time surrounding another monster at the edge. He had pink fur on his head, on his arms, and on his legs. The monster also had a big smile, but I could tell that it wasn't real. Looking around, I wrapped my tongue around one of the support beams and swung myself in front of the monster.

Looking up, I saw Screemu and Gheegur back up as I held my hands out for them to go away. I looked down at Petite who ran around me towards the monster. Turning around, I watched as she climbed into the monster's chest and tapped his ribs, making a cowbell noise. The other Wublins gasped as I smiled.

      "Whelcome to thuh fahmily," I said with a smile.

I blinked and looked up at the picture again. It stayed the same, I thought as I continued down the hall. Looking at the other pictures, I suddenly heard a thud in front of me. Kayna was gripping her head as she dug her hand into the wall. Kneeling down beside her and looking at her face told me that she was about to pass out again.

Helping her up, I started walking to where the sleeping quarters would be. For some reason, I started blacking out as well. I looked at Kayna who had a hand on my head. So close, I thought as I moved closer to the door. Kayna's weight got heavier, and suddenly everything went black as I fell to the floor.

~Kayna~

I woke up, back on the skyship. It crashed into the purple floating island while I blacked out. Looking up, I saw a crowd of monsters gathered around at the edge. One of them looks a lot like me, I thought. Maybe that's...me? No, it couldn't be. The monster came up to me and tapped my shoulder, drawing me back from my thoughts.

The monster looked exactly like me, but it had these mythical purple shoulder guards on, well, her shoulders. She had a smile on her face as she held her hand out, urging me to grab on. I gripped her volcanic hand and steadied myself as I was quickly pulled up to the mysterious purple island.

      "Greetings, Kayna of Bone Island!" the monster exclaimed. "Welcome back to Faerie Island!"

      "A pleasure to be here," I replied with slight uncertainty. It's weird, I thought, that I don't even remember my own name. Kayna of Bone Island? Alright, I guess I'll play along with this.

      "Did the wings on your skyship not turn?" the monster asked. "Or maybe the wind pressure was too strong?" I was quiet for a few seconds, trying to understand what she meant.

      "Oh, the wings on the, uh, skyship were stuck. Sorry about that."

      "It's fine, dear. You can just relax at the castle while me and the Wimmzies help fix your skyship." I smiled and said thank you as I went to the large wooden structure. 

I glanced over at some monsters which were playing around a plaid bagpipe monster. Smiling, I continued walking towards the castle and watching the other monsters having their fun. Some monster tapped my shoulder, so I looked to see who it was. No monster was there, but I saw the huge black void again over the skyship.

Staring at the void, I froze up completely. Some of the monsters were looking at me with weird looks, but I shook as the void consumed the monster look-alike of me and the Wimmzies. I felt a pressure against my chest pushing me to the castle, so I unfroze and ran to the castle. Once I was inside, I ran to the highest part and locked myself in.

The void was growing closer and closer, and I could see bits and pieces of the pictures in the ship walls. I backed into a corner, scared of the void. Arms wrapped around me to comfort me, but I couldn't see who was hugging me. Closing my eyes, I felt the black void tear away at the castle and devour me entirely.

I woke up again, lava dripping down my face. Sitting up, I stared at the pictures I had hanging on the walls. Looking next to me, I saw Thwok staring at me with a frightened look on his face. He looked like he just woke up as well with the way his fur was messed up on his head. His tongue was tied, like he had a nightmare.

      "Kayna," he said quietly, "whe need to tahlk."