~14~

1K READS WHAT?!!??!!?!!?!?!

Y/n POV:

"Y/n, you have to hold the heart, you know. I'm not going to hold it for you while you analyze it," Mark said while trying to hand the heart to me. "But I swear I saw it move," I said pushing his hand away. He raised an eyebrow then, using the hand not holding the heart, he opened up my hand and placed the heart in it. "See? Wasn't that hard," he said picking up the frog's lungs.

I started to write down a description of the heart when I said, "5 bucks the heart is going to beat before the end of class." Mark smirked then said, "20 minutes? Alright, bet." I finished writing the description and waited for Mark to finish. Still holding onto the heart I said, "This thing better beat soon. I don't want to lose 5 dollars." Mark put down his pencil and said, "Start taking out your money because in 10 minutes, it's going to be mine."

He went back to writing on his paper while I kept watching the heart. Some students were already turning in their papers and I noticed there were already 2 minutes left in class. "Wow, time flies when your busy waiting for a dead frog's heart to beat." Mark looked up at me then back at his paper. "That's not how the saying goes." I picked up my paper and said "It doesn't matter as long as it matches the situation." I stood up and gave Mrs. Samantha my paper then walked back to Mark. "30 seconds," I heard him say. I looked at the clock then back at the heart. "I still have time," I said as I picked up my bag. "Not much. Once the bell rings, those 5 dollars belong to me." He stood up and turned in his paper. He took off his gloves and said, "10 seconds." I frowned. "Have some faith in me. I'm sure it's going to beat within the next 10 seconds. Then, I'm going to get those 5 doll-"

Riiiiiiiiiing!!!!

"Well, I'll take the money," he said looking down at me. I opened up my bag and took out 5 dollars. "You're intimidating me with your height. It feels like you're robbing me." I handed him the money and he said, "I'm off to gym. Need to practice for the volleyball tournament later."

(I know that seems random but I promise it'll make sense soon)

I started walking to my last, and worst, class of the day. Not because it's hard, but how boring it is. Room 109. "Literature with Mx. Dawson, huh?" I heard a voice next to me say. I turned my head to be met with Avery's blue eyes. "Do you have Mx. Dawson, too, Avery?" She shook her head. "Nope. Just here to tell you something before class starts." She paused and looked around. "Alright, you stay away from Mark." This girl went from normal to being mad at me about Mark. This two faced little bi-

"Y/N! Listen, he's mine ok?" I raised an eyebrow. "That's it? Sure, whatever. You can try to have him, might not work but that's your problem." She furrowed her eyebrows. "If it was that easy, I wouldn't even bother talking to you about this." She sighed. "Are you blind, y/n? Do you not see him staring at you during class? He clearly likes you y/n and that's why I want you to stay away from him."

"First of all, if he likes me then you should just give up on him instead of chasing him. Second, how could he like me?! He acted like he didn't know me a few days ago, and I thought he lost his-" my eyes widened. "Y/n, what are you talking about?" Avery said while looking at me suspiciously. "Uh, nothing... don't even worry about it, it's nothing that will matter to you.." She crossed her arms. "You think I'm going to believe you? Y/n, tell me what it was or so help me I'll-"

Riiiiiiiiing!!

Before she could say anything else I walked into Mx. Dawson's classroom. "Alright everyone, take a seat! Today, we're going to be learning about Shakespeare," they said. What is it with teachers and Shakespeare, I thought to myself as I sat down at a desk. There were other great writers, why do they always focus on Shakespeare? "Y/n!" Mx. Dawson called out. "Maybe you would like to answer this question. What year was Shakespeare born?" They wrote the year on the board, I can literally see the answer. "1564," I said. Mx. Dawson nodded then continued with the lesson, a boring lesson.

Just another 50 minutes until this class ends. I watched Mx. Dawson write some of the lines from Romeo and Juliet on the board while I zoned out thinking about what Avery said. "Are you blind, y/n? Do you not see him staring at you during class? He clearly likes you." The words she said kept ringing through my head, and were starting to give me a headache. But what if she was telling the truth?

~~~
863 words
Also does anyone know how to delete a chapter?? Help me please 🥲