~19~

Sally was in the driver's seat while me and Mark were in the back. No one was talking so it was just dead silence. I just looked out the window thinking about how I wish someone would start streaming so I'd have something to do. I heard Sally clear her throat then she turned on the radio. Out of all the songs that could've been on... it had to be this one.

SoMeTiMeS aLl I tHiNk AbOuT iS yOu

I smiled for a split second then tried to hide it. I looked at the passenger's seat infront of me, still trying to hide my smile.

LaTe NiGhTs In ThE mIdDlE oF jUuUuUuUuNe

Mark was on his phone, but when that line started to play he looked at the radio then at me. I looked away smiling. "Come on, Y/n. Really?" He said. "It's not even that funny." I let out a snort. "What are you talking about?" I said hiding my smile. "No, no, I'm fine." He kept looking at me. I hit him lightly on the arm. "Stop looking at me like that," I said jokingly. He nodded slightly and went back to his phone.

"We're here!" I heard Sally say as she parked the car. I opened the car door and stepped out to be greeted with the cool ocean breeze. Mark got out of the other side still on his phone typing something. Sally took out an umbrella from the trunk while Mark started to walk out into the sand. I followed him and took a peek at his phone. I couldn't see much but I saw the name TommyInnit. "Why are you texting Tommy?" I asked. He jumped in surprise and turned around to look at me. "What? OH- nothing! It's nothing. Yeah, no no, don't worry about it."

Sally set up the umbrella near the water and put down her beach towel. "Alright, so I'm going to tan here for a bit. You two can go play in the water or something without getting too far away," she said. I put down my towel and started to walk to the water. "Y/n, hold on. Give me a minute," Mark said. He turned toward Sally and started to whisper something I couldn't hear. He then handed her something from the pocket of his swim shorts. He said something else and she nodded then he walked back towards me.

"Alright, ready to go swimming?" He asked. I looked at him suspiciously. "What we're you talking to your mom about?" I said. He didn't answer. "Well, I'm not going in the water till you tell me," I said stubbornly. He groaned. "I can't believe I'm going this." I looked up at his face. "Doing wha-" before I could finish he picked me up bridal style. "What are you doing?! We aren't getting married!!" I yelled. He laughed. "I'm getting you in the water obviously!"

He walked about knee deep into the water. "No, no, no, no, no. Don't you dare drop me. Is it cold?" I said. "Yes, it's very cold. Enjoy!" He said as he dropped me into the water. I stood up and wiped most of the sea water off my face. "See? It wasn't that hard," he said. He walked past me and farther into the ocean. "Let's go, chicken!" He called out to me. "I am not a chicken!" I called back. I swam out to him.

"How are you able to stand?!" I said. "Because I'm taller than you. HA!" He said, laughing. I frowned. "Oh my gosh! There's a shark!" I said to scare him. "Where?!" He said turning around in the water. I started laughing. "Wow, you actually fell for that!" I said. I looked past him and at the water. "Hey, what's that?" I asked. He looked where I was pointing. "Oh, wow, it's actually a shark," he said, putting his hands on his hips. "And I suppose you want to get out of the water?" I looked at him with a perplexed look on my face. "And you don't?!" He started to back up towards the shore. "Of course I do! I'm not the type of person to go swimming with sharks!" He started to walk back to the shore as I swam after him.

I picked up my towel and started to dry off. "The shark is starting to come towards the shore," Mark said tapping on my shoulder. I looked towards the ocean. "It wouldn't come onto land," I said putting the towel down. Mark shrugged. Sally didn't open her eyes but said, "I put some shirts in my bag if you want to put that over your swim suits." I opened the bag next to her and took out one light blue shirt and one grey shirt. Mark out on the grey one, and I put one the blue one.

Then he sat down on the sand close to the water. I sat down next to him. "So, did you enjoy the date?" He asked. "WAIT, NO, NOT DATE! I didn't mean to say date!" I laughed. "Yes, I enjoyed the date. Short date, but fun." I looked at him then noticed a girl, maybe 13 or 14, standing a few feet away. She looked at me then at Mark with wide eyes then ran off. Strange. I looked back at Mark and placed a light kiss on his cheek. He looked at me with a mixed expression of flustered, surprised, and happy. I smiled and looked back at the sunset.

~~~
927 words
Ok this book is almost over maybe 2-3 more chapters :)