Hogwarts Letters

Adria's POV

Dear diary, my name is Adria Heidi Granger. My sister Hermione Jean Granger gave me this diary to wrote my thoughts in. She thinks it will help me cope with what has happened in the last seven years. You see there was a war and we nearly died in it. We lost our parents because of it. I hardly go outside these days, unless Hermione drags me. I would rather have my head buried in books all day.

But we are getting a head of ourselves. It all started on Wednesday July 24th 1991 when my sister and I received a letter from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We were normal ten year old girls getting ready for a new school year and planning our eleventh birthday. But instead our world is turned upside down when we discovered we were muggle born witches. While our parents were normal people called Muggles in the magical world.

Anyway my sister and I were in our shared room. Reading our new text books for the coming year. When our parents called us downstairs saying we had mail.

I look at Hermione confused. "Were you expecting something?" I ask her. She shakes her head. We mark our books and head downstairs. Our parents give us an envelope each and I notice they have the same red wax seal on them.

"Go ahead dears, read them" mum encourages us. So we open them and find three pieces of parchment inside. The first one said:

Dear Miss Adria Granger

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

P.S. a school representative will arrive Friday at eleven to escort you and your sister to Diagon Alley to collect your school supplies.

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Hermione and I exchange letters. Hers says the same thing. We hand them to our parents. While we read our book and equipment lists.

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupil's clothes should carry name tags.

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other equipment:

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring, if they desire, an owl or a cat or a toad.

Parents are reminded that first years are not allowed their own broomstick.

"Why would we need a broomstick?" Hermione asks me confused.

"Witches fly around on them on TV" I remind her.

"But I don't want to fly" she states.

"Mum, dad how do you feel about all of this?" I ask them curious.

"It explains all the weird things that happen around you both" Dad states.

"Now you girls can master this new gift" Mum adds smiling happily.

"Will you come with us when we get our supplies?" I ask them nervous.

"Your mum will, one of us has the man the practice" dad tells us.

"For now, go upstairs and relax" mum adds. We do so, I left my equipment list for our parents to read.

"Do you think wizards have different currency?" Hermione asks me.

"Maybe, guess we will find out on Friday. Who do you think will be our escort?" I ask her.

"No idea, maybe the Deputy head mistress or another teacher. Anyway do you want to read a story? As we don't have to read these now" she states pointing to our text books. I nod my head. I grab the book Shiloh and we start to read it.

(Time skip)

We have dinner with our parents. "Girls we've been thinking and we think you are old enough to have a pet. One you can take with you to Hogwarts" mum tells us.

"Can we have a/an cat/owl?" Hermione and I ask.

"An owl is way smarter then a cat" I tell her.

"But cats are so soft" she retorts.

"Settle down girls" dad tells us

"We can only get one now, but I promise in a couple of years we will get the other" mum assures us.

"Then lets get  a/an cat/owl" Hermione and I say. We glare playfully at each other. Our parents smile at us.

"How about a game? Winner decides the first pet" dad tells us. We agree and after dinner play snakes and ladders. Which I win, so we will be getting an owl. I wonder what sorts of owls they have in the wizarding world? Guess we will find out on Friday.

Hermione and I returned to our shared room. We continued to read our book falling asleep on her bed.

Third Persons POV

Mr and Mrs Granger entered their daughters room to see them asleep on Hermione's bed. They share a smile. Mrs Granger gently places a pillow under each of their daughters heads. While Mr Granger covered them in a blanket. "Sweet dreams girls" he says. Mrs Granger kissed their daughters heads before leaving the room with her husband.

A/N

Picture above of Hermione's letter.