Chamber of Secrets Open

Adria's POV

I have been practicing as much as possible in the secret room George had shown me. I have even read about a spell that makes an animal shape. Which would be the same as my animagus form. It is called the patronus charm. It pretty advance, beyond Ordinary Wizarding Level. But I am making progress. I have also taken a few mandrake leaves and it's nearly been a month since I stick them under her tongue with a simple charm.

Lockhart started a dueling club with Professor Snape as his 'assistant'. I told Hermione I couldn't go as I had homework to do. Which wasn't a complete lie. Hermione didn't seem to believe me, but didn't want to question it as she didn't want to be late for the club. Once Hermione was gone I went to the secret room where I continued practicing the patronus charm.

But I couldn't stay long as I promised Hermione I'd study with her after the dueling club. So I went to my dorm and got my school bag. I arrived at the library first and sat at our usual table. When Hermione arrived, she told me about Harry being able to talk to snakes as we sat our table studying. I asked her how she knew that and Hermione explained what had happened at the dueling club. She also promised to show me the disarming charm and shield charm.

Harry didn't show up at dinner and the others worried. I followed Hermione and Ron as they went to look for Harry. He had detention for flying Mr Weasley's car into the Whooping Willow with Ron. Except he had it with Lockhart while Ron had it with Filch. Ron had been throwing up slugs while he cleaned trophies.

We finally found Harry and he was talking crazy talk before he ran off down the hall. I followed Hermione and Ron as they chased Harry. Who were telling Harry to slow down asking him what was wrong.

When we came to a stop, I gasped seeing Mrs Norris hanging on a hook by her tail. There was message on the wall written in blood. But before I could read it, the rest of the school arrived. I saw an upset Ginny in the crowd as she turned and left the hall.

I followed her and we ended up in the now empty library. There Ginny told me about the diary she found in her cauldron after that day in 'Diagon Alley'. And how when she writes in it, someone called Tom Riddle replies. She had been writing in it all summer. I told her to get rid of it, because I believe it would bring bad luck.

Ginny agreed as she had blacked out earlier tonight after writing in the book. Then woke up with a red substance on her hands. I told her to throw it away in the abandoned girls bathroom. Where Ginny said she had woken up.

"Do you want me to come with you?" I ask her.

"No, I can handle it" she assure me. "But thanks for the offer" she state. We share a hug.

When Ginny left I thought about what Harry said about hearing a voice in the walls. Then remembered want Hermione had told me about him being able to talk to snakes. So I turned towards the dark creatures section of the library. I started to look for a snake creature that could petrify it's victims.

It took me a while but I found a book on a giant snake called a Basilisk. But it can't be the right creature, because Mrs Norris wasn't dead and I didn't see any spiders fleeing the scene. The book didn't say anything about a basilisk being able to petrify victims. Also the school has roosters on the school grounds. So I put the book back where I got it from and went back to my dorm room. Where I changed into my pj's, brush my teeth and went to sleep.

A/N

Picture above of the page from the book.