1991-1992 House cup

Adria's POV

So the other three made a complete recovery and were released in time for the end of year feast. Tomorrow we'd be leaving to return home. Anyway instead of sitting at my house table which is normal. I wanted to sit with my sister. So I'm at her table, with her and the other two.

"I take it you know who won the house cup" Hermione says.

"Of course, though I heard rumors that Dumbledore has last minute points to award. So the winner may change" I tell her.

"How do you know that?" Ron asks with his mouthful.

"Don't talk with your mouth full" Hermione scolds him lightly.

"Portraits hear everything" I say with a shrug. As Dumbledore rises from his seat to address the school. We all go silent and look up at him.

"Another year gone!" he announces. "And I must trouble you with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into our delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are all a little fuller than they were. You have the whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts" he states.

"Now, as I understand it, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: In fourth place, Gryffindor, with three hundred and twelve points; in third, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty-two; Ravenclaw has four hundred and twenty-six and Slytherin, four hundred and seventy-two" he explains.

A storm of cheering and stamping broke out from the Slytherin table. While everyone else wasn't so thrilled. "Yes, Yes, well done, Slytherin" Dumbledore says and the crowd quiets down. "However, recent events must be taken into account" he states. The room went very still. The Slytherins' smiles faded a little.

"I have a few last-minute points to dish out" Dumbledore tells us.

"Told you so" I tell Ron and Hermione shushes me.

"First -- to Mr. Ronald Weasley" Dumbledore says. Ron went purple in the face; he looked like a radish with a bad sunburn. Where's a camera when you need one? "For the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years, I award Gryffindor house fifty points" he states.

Gryffindor cheers nearly raised the bewitched ceiling; the stars overhead seemed to quiver. Percy could be heard telling the other prefects proudly. "My brother, you know! My youngest brother! Got past McGonagall's giant chess set!" At last there was silence again.

"Second -- to Miss Hermione Granger. . . for the use of cool logic in the face of fire, I award Gryffindor house fifty points" Dumbledore announces.

"Why to go Hermione" I praise my sister. As she buried her face in her arms. "Oh Hermione" I say as I pat her on the back, knowing she had burst into tears. Gryffindors up and down the table were beside themselves, they were a hundred points up.

"Third -- to Mr. Harry Potter" Dumbledore says as the hall went quiet again. "For pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house sixty points" he states.

"You're tied with Slytherin" I tell them. Dumbledore raised his hand. The room gradually fell silent.

"There are all kinds of courage" he tells us. "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award ten points to Mr. Neville Longbottom" he announces. Someone standing outside the Great Hall might well have thought some sort of explosion had taken place, so loud was the noise that erupted from the Gryffindor table. Harry, Ron, and Hermione stood up to yell and cheer as Neville, white with shock, disappeared under a pile of people hugging him. He had never won so much as a point for Gryffindor before.

"Quiet down everyone, I have one last set of points to award" Dumbledore announces and everyone goes quiet. Slytherin look hopeful. "For following the rules and alerting the proper authorities, instead of running into danger. I award fifty points to Adria Granger" he states. My table cheers as we take 2nd place again, pumping Slytherin down to third. Slytherin had won it for the last six years and now they're in third. It was great.

The decorations change from Slytherin to Gryffindor as Dumbledore announced them the winners of the House Cup. Somehow I get pulled back to my table, as my house thanked me for keeping us in second place. I just smiled at my sister and we enjoyed dinner.

(Time skip)

We're all boarding the train after breakfast. It's nine o'clock. I'll be sitting with Hermione and the other two. Harry said goodbye to Hagrid on the platform as he gave him a magical photo album of photos with his parents in it. "Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?" Hermione and I ask him. Ron groans.

"I'm not going home, not really" Harry tells us with a smile. We find a compartment. Along the way I spotted George and rushed over to him. I whispered something in his ear and he chuckles nodding his head. Saying he'd tell Fred.

"What was that about?" Hermione asks me.

"Nothing" I say with a small smirk.

"You're up to something" she states. I shrug and sit down. The train ride was uneventful. Hermione and I received many hugs/kisses from our parents. Dad wasn't thrilled Hermione's two best friends were boys. But relaxed at the knowledge of her sharing a dorm with other girls and me having female friends. Who also are friends with Hermione.

We went home, had dinner. Afterwards we watched a family. After I let Nancy out to hunt. Hermione and I fell asleep on the couch in between our parents. It was great to be home. I can't wait to see what will happen next year.

A/N

Picture above of the house cup and gif on the external link of the banners changing from Slytherin to Gryffindor.

12222222222445555555555555666666667896abcdeffgkkkuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhjgti..joooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiukmlgffdam1243456890[   1mbxxxxc