Sorting Ceremony

Adria's POV

Hermione tries to flatten her frizzy hair. "To late for that now Hermione" I tell her. Mine are in perfect curls. Pinned in place.

"Not my fault" she grumbles. I notice Draco talking a skinny black haired boy.

"That is the boy I told you about, his name is Draco" I say pointing him out.

"That's Harry Potter he's talking to" she tells me.

"It does not look like it is going well" I tell her as Harry refused to shake Draco's hand. Just then Professor McGonagall rejoined us. We straighten up.

"We're ready for you now, follow me" she tells us. We do so in rows of two. I look at the enchanted ceiling in awe.

"It is just like it said in Hogwarts a History" I state.

"It's not real the ceiling, just bewitched to look like the night sky outside" she tells Neville behind us. He nods his head. We reach the end of the great hall and line up along the front. In front of the staff table.

"Now, when I call your name. You will come forward, I shall place the sorting hat on your head. And you will be sorted into your houses" McGonagall tells us. Hermione and I hold hands praying we are in the same house. "Hannah Abbot" she calls and a blonde haired girl steps forward. She sits on the stall and the hat was placed on her head.

"Hufflepuff" the hat shouts after a couple of minutes. The table of yellow cheers clapping. The hat is removed from Hannah's head and she goes over to the hufflepuff table. I hope no one has lice. Next up was Susan Bones and she to was a hufflepuff. The third was a boy named Terry Boot, was placed in Ravenclaw.

"Adria Granger" McGonagall calls.

"Good luck" Hermione tells me. I approached McGonagall and sat on the chair. She placed the hat on my head.

'Do not fear young girl, I magically clean after each student' the hat whispers in my ear. I relax, glad I won't get lice. 'You are very smart, have an eidetic memory and are very creative. You have a thirst to prove yourself. Know that I am never wrong in the house I choose for each student' he tells me.

"Will I still be able to see Hermione?" I ask him quietly.

'Yes' he says.

"Then I trust your judgement" I tell him.

'Very well' he says. "Ravenclaw!" he announces. The hat is removed and I go hug my sister.

"No matter what house you are in. We will always be sisters, trust the hat" I tell her. She nods her head and I go see next to Anthony Goldstein. Who had been sorted before me. Hermione is placed into Gryffindor. She looks at me and I give her a smile. I guess it's time for us to spread our wings and start to live our own lives.

"Shame your sister isn't in our house, sorry about that" Anthony tells me.

"It is ok, we will have classes together and study together" I state.

"True" he says nodding his head. Soon the sorting ceremony ends. And Professor Dumbledore stands as Professor McGonagall took the hat away with the stall.

"Let the feast begin" he says and food magically appears in front of us. I look at all the dishes in awe.

"Muggle-born?" Anthony asks me.

"Is it that obvious?" I ask him as I help myself to some mashed potato.

"A little, I'm a half-blood. I grow up in the muggle world" he tells me. As I ate I greet the other first year Ravenclaw students. Terry Boot, Mandy Brocklehurst, Stephen Cornfoot, Micheal Corner, Sue Li, Morag Macdougal, Padma Patil, Lisa Turpin, and Oliver Rivers. I even meet one of our prefects Penelope Clearwater.

After dessert Professor Dumbledore rose to his feet again. "I have a few start of term announcements I wish to make. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death" he tells us. He then tells us when quidditch trials will begin. Also about a list of banned objects and told us not to go into the forbidden forest. He then asked prefects to show first years to their dorms wishing us a good night.

"This way first years!"  Penelope calls. While standing next to a dark haired boy. "I am Penelope Clearwater and this is "Drew Magnus, we are the fifth year prefects. Follow us" she tells us. We do so and they lead us to a room fall of changed stair cases.

"This is the most direct path to the dormitories. But keep an eye on the staircases, they like to change" I hear a Gryffindor prefect tells the gryffindor first years. I spot Hermione. 'Good night' I mouth and she mouths it back.

"Ravenclaws, follow me!" Drew calls. I rush over and follow my house. We soon reach a door on the fifth floor with no keyhole or door knob. Except a bronze knocker. "Observe" Drew tells us and uses the knocker.

"What instrument can you hear, but can't see and can't touch?" a femenine voice asks.

"It's a trick" Lisa mutters.

"There's no instrument like that" Sue says.

"What do you think?" Micheal asks Anthony and I.

"I don't know. You play every instrument I know with either your hands or your mouth" Anthony states.

"The answer is your voice" I state. They all look at me. Penelope gives me a small smile as the door opens.

"Correct Adria" she says with a smile.

"You can't see it or touch it, but when you sing, everybody can hear it" Drew tells the others as we enter the common room. "You must answer a riddle to can access to our tower" he states.

"Welcome to Ravenclaw tower" Penelope tells us. "Boys' dormitories, upstairs and down to your left. Girls, the same on your right. You'll find that your luggage and pets have already been brought up" she states.

"Breakfast is between 7:30 and nine, you will receive your class schedules tomorrow morning. Get some sleep" Drew tells us. The girls and I go to our dorm room. To see six four poster beds.

"Sleep over" Sue says happily as she sits on a bed hugging a cat. I go release Nancy. I give her a pat and she flies out the window. All us girls got changed and did our teeth. Before getting to know each other. I find out Padma has a twin sister in gryffindor also. We immediately bonded over that and grabbed beds next to each other. Soon we all fall asleep.

A/N

Picture above of Hermione being sorted and picture on the external link of Professor Flitwick.