Transfiguration

Adria's POV

I woke up early with the other girls. We're all excited for our first day of classes. "Do you want to sit together in classes?" Padma asks me.

"Sure, but if we're in a class with gryffindor. I want to sit with my sister" I tell her.

"Same here, so otherwise we'll sit together in class. Unless there's a sit chart" she states. I nod my head. We put on our new Ravenclaw robes. We go down to the common room. We see two second years about to leave.

"Excuse me" Padma says and they look at us.

"Yes?" the strawberry blonde asks.

"I'm Padma and this is Adria, we're first years" Padma states.

"My name is Cho Chang and this is my best friend Marietta Edgecombe. Do you need help finding the great hall?" Cho asks us.

"No" I say as Padma says yes. They all look at me. "I have an Eidetic memory, I know the way there from here" I tell them. "But we could use help finding classes" I add sheepishly.

"We'd be happy to help" Cho tells me. "Lets go have breakfast" she says. We leave the common room and head for the great hall. Once we sat down at our table. Our head of house Professor Flitwick appeared handing us our schedules.

"I'm gonna go compare classes with Hermione" I tell Padma. She nods her head, saying she'll do the same with her sister. I go over to Hermione who is one of the few at the Gryffindor table. "Good morning" I say.

"Morning, have you made any friends?" she asks me.

"Yes, so far I'm closet to Padma. She has a twin sister in gryffindor too" I tell her.

"I've meet her, Parvati right?" she asks me and I nod my head. Just then Professor McGonagall appears holding a stack of parchment.

"Here you are Miss Granger, I trust you and your sister won't be late for your first class" she says. Handing Hermione her schedule before leaving. Hermione and I compare our schedules.

"We have Transfiguration and Charms together" I say smiling.

"Lets eat then go to Transfiguration" she states. I nod my head. We have breakfast together. We go to leave when I remember we don't know the way to Transfiguration.

"Hermione, we don't know the way to class" I remind her.

"You're right, one second" she says. She looks around and spots a pair of identical red haired twins. She drags me over to them. "Excuse me, can you show us the way to Transfiguration?" she asks them.

"Professor McGonagall for your first lesson. That sucks" one of them says.

"Could be worse, they could have Snape for their first lesson" the other tells him.

"To true George" he says. "Anyway Fred and George Weasley at your service" he tells us.

"Adria and Hermione Granger" Hermione tells them.

"You're a Ravenclaw" George says looking at my robes.

"We shares Transfiguration" I mumble.

"Well lets go then, McGonagall doesn't like students being late" Fred states. "We're on our way to the herbology store room. It's on the way" he tells us. So they lead us to class. We meet up with Padma, Cho and Marietta along the way.

We soon reach the classroom. "If you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask" George tells us. Before leaving with Fred.

"We'll come by after to show you to Charms" Cho tells us.

"Thank you" we say and she leaves with Marietta. Hermione, Padma, Parvati and I enter the classroom. Hermione and I sit in the front row. Padma and Parvati sit behind us. Soon the whole class is present. But I notice two seats empty. I also notice a grey tabby cat with unusual facial markings sitting on the teachers' desk watching us all.

"Do you think that's Professor McGonagall's cat?" Parvati asks Padma.

"No idea" Padma says. Suddenly the cat leaps off the desk turning into Professor McGonagall. We all clap in awe.

"Welcome to Transfiguration, I will be your teacher for this subject. I am Professor McGonagall and I am also the deputy head mistress. And Head of Gryffindor house" she tells us. "Now Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts. Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned" she tells us.

"There are six branches of transfiguration. There are Animagi, trans-specie transformation, conjuration, transfiguration, UN-transfiguration and human transfiguration" she states. Padma raises her head. "Yes Miss Patil?" she asks.

"What sort of transfiguration was that? You turning from cat to witch. Was that trans-specie transformation or human transfiguration?" she asks.

"It was neither, I am an Animagus. I can turn into a cat at well. Human transfiguration is changing ones appearance with magic. Trans-specie transformation, is simply put. Transforming one species into another" McGonagall explains. "This year we'll focus on simple transfiguration. Like turn a match into a needle. You'll learn the transfiguration alphabet and formula. Please copy this down" she says taping the board. Writing appears on it.

She turns back into a cat and we get to work copying down what's written on the board. Suddenly the doors bang open and Harry runs in with a red haired boy. Hermione rolls her eyes at me and I chuckle.

"Whew, made it. Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?" the red haired boy asks Harry. McGonagall jumps off her desk turning human. She walks over to them. "That was bloody brilliant!" he tells her.

"Well, thank you for that assessment, Mr Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr Potter and yourself into a pocket watch? That way, one of you might be on time" she says.

"We got lost" Harry tells her sheepishly.

"Then perhaps a map" she says. "I trust you don't need one to find your seats" she states. They take the two remaining chairs. "Copy what's on the board" she tells them. I raise my hand. "Yes Miss Granger?" she asks me.

"Is there a map of Hogwarts?" I ask her curious. If there was, I'd be able to memorize where all the classes are. I might even find some short cuts.

"I shall speak to your head of house about getting you one. Now please continue" she tells me. I nod my head and get back to work, though I've already memorized what's on the board. I don't want her to think I'm slacking off. It has happened before. A relief teacher saw me not writing down what was on the board. I tried to tell him I had an eidetic memory. But he still gave me detention.

The rest of classes went great. Charms was a lot of fun. Hermione and I have already practiced a few charms, they've all worked. So I think Charms will be one of our best subjects. However, I loved my first flying lesson after lunch. I felt so free flying on the broom. Madame Hooch said I was a natural flier and maybe able to join my house quidditch team next year. History was boring. I nearly fell asleep during Professor Binns lecture on self stirring cauldrons.

A/N

Picture above of Adria's timetable.