The Burrow

Adria's POV

Dear Diary, well we've covered my first year. Pretty normal aside from the Philosopher's stone and Voldemort possessing our defense teacher. I opened up more, which my parents were thrilled about. But this story has only just began, time for my second year. Which starts with me going to the Burrow.

So I asked my parents if I could go to the Burrow for a sleep over during the holidays. They agreed, as long as I didn't sleep in any of the boys rooms. Hermione was invited also. But she wanted to stay home and focus on preparing for the next school year. Even though our letters haven't arrived yet and we don't have our next set of books.

Mum said I could stay until our Hogwarts letters arrived. Then we'd meet in Diagon Alley and I'd go home after shopping. Anyway I'm packed for my time at the Burrow. Just waiting to be collected by a member of the Weasley family.

Anyway there's finally a knock at the door. Mum let a red haired man in. He had so many freckles on his face, he looked tan. He also has a few scars and a dragon fang earring. He introduced himself as Charlie Weasley.

We introduced ourselves and he asked if I was ready to go. I nodded and grabbed my packed back pack. Along with Nancy's clean empty bird cage. She was already at the Burrow. I hugged my family good bye. Before we went to the back yard.

Charlie handed me a broom and placed a disillusionment charm on us both. To keep us hidden from the muggle eye. He carried my bag and Nancy's cage. While we flew to the Burrow. During the flight I ask him many questions about his job as a dragon tamer in Romania, dragons and how Norbert was going. Charlie chuckled as he answered all my questions.

Charlie asked me a few questions about my life, Hogwarts and want I want to do in the future. I told him how I always wanted to work with magical creatures and that I was hoping to work with dragons, like him when I finished school. He said he'd be happy to set me up with some work experience next summer.

When we arrived at the Burrow, Charlie took off the disillusionment charm. Before taking my things to his sister's room where I'd be sleeping. As Fred and George greeted me and took me up the hill. Where we flied around throwing an old Quaffle to each. Until lunch time and we went back to the house. After Charlie came to collect us.

That was when I finally greeted Mr and Mrs Weasley properly. As Mr Weasley tried to ask me questions about muggle artifacts. Mrs Weasley stopped him saying that we had to eat. I gave Mrs Weasley a grateful smile. I sat next to Ginny and we started talking while we ate. We became good friends straight away and we talked about a lot of things. Like Quidditch, Harry Potter, family and classes. When we went to bed that night Ginny still wouldn't stop talking about Harry Potter. Someone has a crush I thought as I fell into a peaceful sleep.

(next morning)

As I was getting dressed for the day, Ginny ran into the room looking flustered. When I asked what was wrong and Ginny said Harry Potter was here. I remember George say something about going to get Harry with Fred and Ron in one of his letters. I was a little mad that they didn't bring me along. I finished getting dressed before leaving the room so Ginny could get changed. When I got downstairs for breakfast, I greeted Harry and glared at the twins & Ron.

I ignored the twins during breakfast. When Errol and Nancy flew into the room carrying our Hogwarts letters. Including Harry's. As Nancy landed gracefully on my shoulder, Errol crushed into a bowl of chips on the table. I giggled as Percy took the letters off of him. He flipped onto his feet and left.

I opened my letter and read the contents. Apparently the books were going to be expensive, according to the Weasleys. Nancy had also brought a letter from Hermione, asking if we could meet her and my parents at Diagon Alley on Wednesday.

That was fine with the Weasley's and I sent a reply saying we'd meet them at the bank Wednesday at 10 o'clock. Which gave me two more nights at the Weasleys before I had to go home. Any I eventually forgave the twins, partly because George gave me a fresh blueberry muffin at lunch.

We started talking about pranks we'd pull this year and who the new DADA teacher would be. The twins said it'd be some witch who is a Gilderoy Lockhart fan. I said it could be Lockhart himself and we all laughed at how ridiculous that sounded. We made a bet on it. If they won they'd gen ten sickles from me. If I won, they owed me ten sickles each. Afterward I spent some time with Harry and Ron. Then Ginny before dinner time.

A/N

Picture above of Charlie Weasley and picture on the external link of the Burrow.