1st Hogwarts Express Ride

(September 1st 1991) Adria's POV

"Have you read all your books? Are you all packed?" mum asks Hermione and I.

"Yes, mesmerized all of them" I tell her.

"Show off" Hermione says teasingly.

"It is not my fault I have an eidetic memory" I tell her. "We are all packed and Nancy is in her cage" I tell mum. "When do we leave?" I ask her and dad.

"Ten minutes" dad answers.

"Go check your room, make sure you have everything" mum tells us. We do so and Hermione finds her wand on her nightstand. She pockets it. We head back downstairs and dad drives us to the station. We go to platforms nine and ten. Hermione goes through first with mum. I then followed with dad.

"Wow" I say looking around. I notice a scarlet steam engine. I then see we have ten minutes to board the train and find a compartment.

"You girls be good and don't forget to write" mum tells us.

"Know that we are proud of you and love you both" dad adds.

"We love you too" we tell them. We hug them. Saying goodbye before boarding the train together. We find an empty compartment and claim it. I help Hermione put her bag into the luggage compartment first. She then helped me with mine. Then locked the door lowering the blinds changing into our school robes.

We then looked out the find and found our parents. We wave goodbye as the train left the station. We sat down and Hermione took out her Standard Book of Spells book. I let Nancy out and she perches on my lap. I stroke her chest getting lost in thought. When a round faced boy knocks on the door looking frantic. Hermione and I share a look as he opens the door.

"Hi, my name is Neville. I've lost my toad, have you seen one?" he asks us.

"No sorry" Hermione tells him.

"We can help you look for it" I offer. I'd hate to lose Nancy.

"Thanks, he's name is Trevor" he tells us. Hermione and I leave Nancy in the compartment. We split up to look for the toad. I soon find a blonde haired boy in a compartment with two other boys with dark brown hair.

"Excuse me, have any of you seen a toad? A boy name Neville has lost one" I tell them.

"No toads here" the blonde haired boy states. I notice the eagle owl next to him.

"What a handsome eagle owl, I have one too. Her name is Nancy" I tell him.

"He is Budo-budo" he tells me. "The name is Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" he tells me.

"Adria Granger, anyway I gotta get back searching. It was nice to meet you Draco" I say before leaving. I ask several other compartments. One with two identical red haired twins with another boy holding a tarantula. I didn't hang around. A compartment with one guy and three girls inside discussing a game called quidditch. Then a compartment with a third hufflepuff boy with his friends. None had seen a toad.

So I returned to my compartment feeling hungry. I arrive at the same time as the trolley land. I pay some sweets for Hermione and I. Along with a couple for Neville to cheer him up. When they returned they to had no luck finding Trevor. They thanked me for the sweets. We then started to talk about Hogwarts.

"Did you meet anyone interesting?" Hermione asks me.

"Do not know what you mean by that, but I meet a boy with an eagle owl like me" I tell her smiling.

"That's nice, I meet Harry Potter" she tells me.

"The one who defeated Voldemort?" I ask her and Neville flinches. "You ok Neville?" I ask him.

"Don't say the name, please" he pleads.

"Um ok, so was it that Harry Potter?" I ask Hermione.

"Yes, that one. I saw his scar, it really is shaped like a lighting bolt" she tells me.

"Cool, not cool what happened to his parents. But still cool" I tell her. "Hey Neville, what's your blood status?" I ask him curious.

"Pure-blood" he mumbles.

"We're muggle borns" Hermione tells him.

"Really, but you can already do simple spells and know so much about magic already" he says surprised.

"We love to read" Hermione tells him.

"Plus I have an eidetic memory" I tell him.

"An eidetic memory?" he asks confused.

"It's the ability to recall an image from memory with high precision for a brief period after seeing it only once" Hermione tells him.

"Wow, you're lucky. I have a terrible memory, I'm always forgetting things" he tells me. We soon arrive at Hogsmeade station. We leave our luggage and I placed Nancy back in her cage. We then went outside and went over to a giant man named Hagrid calling for first years. Then took a boat ride to the castle, it was magical.

When we got to the castle we were meet by the deputy headmistress. A stern looking witch. Neville found his toad. She told us about each house and how house points work. Before leaving us in the entrance hall to smarten ourselves up before the sorting ceremony.

A/N

Picture above of Draco, Crabbe, Goyle and his owl Budo Budo. Gif on the external link of Neville with his toad Trevor.