Gryffindor Vs Slytherin 1991

Adria's POV

The next morning I sit at the Gryffindor table with Hermione, Harry and Ron. Today is the first quidditch match of the season. Gryffindor vs Slytherin and it's also Harry's first match. He's been practicing on his Nimbus, but we all can tell he's very nervous.

"Take a bit of toast, mate, go on" Ron tells Harry. Who is playing with his food. We had already eaten, but Harry has refused to do so.

"Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today" Hermione tells him.

"Exactly" I agree.

"I'm not hungry" Harry tells us and I think back to what I learned about quidditch. I've been studying quidditch, since my first flying lesson. There are three types of balls. One is the Quaffle that the chasers try to put trough rings to score. While the keeper defends the rings. There are two Bludgers that the beaters had to keep away from their team and hit towards the opposite team. With beater bats. Lastly the Golden Snitch that's the ball the seeker had to catch worth 150 points. Harry is the youngest player in a century. I also memorized the Quidditch rule book.

"Good luck today, Potter" Professor Snape says as he appears behind us. We all look up at him. "Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you, even if it is against Slytherin" he drawls before limping towards the staff table.

"That explains the blood" Harry mutters.

"Blood?" Hermione and I ask him together. Ron groans.

"Please don't do that, it's so annoying when Fred and George do it" he whines. We ignore him focusing on Harry.

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping" Harry tells us.

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Hermione asks.

"To try steal what it's guarding" I state.

"The day I was at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. He said it was Hogwarts' business, very secret" Harry tells us.

"So you're saying" Hermione and I say together. Making Ron groan in annoyance.

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants" Harry tells us. Oliver tells Harry it's time for the team to head to the pitch. Each team has seven players. Oliver Wood is the keeper and team Captain of Gryffindor in his fifth year, the three chasers Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet and Angelina Johnson are their fourth or third year.The Weasley twins are the beaters and are in their third year. Lastly Harry Potter the seeker and youngest & newest member of the team.

We wished them all good luck against the Slytherin team and then left the hall. Not long after I notice the Slytherin team leave. Not five minutes later we all head down to the pitch. Hermione, Ron and I sit in one of the gryffindor stands. Soon everyone is seated.

When the teams came out Oliver had to shake the Slytherin Captains Marcus Flint's hand. As both teams took to the sky Madam Hooch released the bludgers and golden snitch. She then grabs the Quaffle and throw it into the air as Lee Jordan (the twin Weasley's best-friend) said "the Quaffle is released and the game begins".

Part way through the match Harry lost control of his broom. "It's Snape, he's jinxing the broom" Hermione mutters. She hands me the binoculars. I look through them and frown noticing Professor Quirrell looking at Harry also, not blinking. Suddenly I hear the crowd gasp and notice Harry has been thrown off his broom and is only holding on by his hands.

I look back at the teacher stands to see someone bump into Quirrell breaking his eye contact with Harry. I look back at Harry, to see him regain control of his broom. He flips himself back onto it and takes off looking for the golden snitch again. I frown in confusion, why would Quirrell jinx Harry's broom? Could he of been doing a silent counter curse to Snape's spell? But then why would Harry regain control once Quirrell lost eye contact? I have to talk to Snape about this.

Nothing else really happened after that. Other then Slytherin cheating. Gryffindor in the lead on points. Until Harry and the slytherin seeker started racing after the snitch. They dive and the slytherin seeker chickens out. Harry doesn't and levels out a couple of feet from the ground. He stands on his broom and stretches out his hand. Harry loses balance and falls off his broom with a scream.

As he stood up, it looked like he was about to be sick. However, he just coughed up the golden snitch winning the match for the Gryffindor team. "He's got the Snitch! Harry Potter receives 150 points for catching the Snitch!" Lee Jordan announces. Madame Hooch blows her whistle, signalling the end of the match.

"Gryffindor wins!" she announces. Everyone but the Slytherin's cheered. I hug my sister cheering with her. Flint kept saying it didn't count as Harry nearly swallowed the snitch, but there was nothing in the rules against it. So Gryffindor won and the Weasley twins decided to throw a party after dinner. I was invited by Hermione, but chose not to go. Choosing instead to analyze what I saw through the binoculars. Trying to decide the best course of action to take.

A/N

Picture above of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team and picture on the external link of the Hogwarts Quidditch Stadium.