Valentine's Day

Adria's POV

So a lot has happened since Christmas. Hermione coughed up fur-balls for weeks. Which I still find hilarious. Harry and Ron brought her homework, and turned it in for her. Until she finally stopped and was released from the hospital wing. Hermione managed to stay on top of her studies, even while in the hospital wing.

Harry and Ron found it wasn't Mr Malfoy who had opened the chamber fifty years ago. So it's not his son now, though he wishes to help the person and wants my sister dead. I wanted to hex him, but Hermione forbid me. Whoever opened it fifty years ago was found and expelled though. But the chamber was never found and the creature never killed.

Anyway, I told George how mad I am at Malfoy and how I promised Hermione I wouldn't do anything. He said he'd prank Malfoy for me. George also told me one of the secret passages that leads to Hogsmeade has collapsed. I'm glad no one was inside when it happened. Ok, so not a lot happened.

Anyway, still no lighting storm. I am still saying the spell required though. I put a spell on the potion to preserve it. So that it doesn't go bad while I am waiting for the lighting storm. And won't have to remake it. I'll take it off when I know a lighting storm is now. Which may not be until next year.

But I am patient. I will wait and continue to say the spell until one happens. Even if it takes months. Because if I forget, I'll have to start from scratch again. Which I do not want to do. It's now February. Valentine's day to be process. I wasn't expecting the school to celebrate it, as it didn't last year.

So I was very surprised when I walked into the great hall this morning with Padma for breakfast. The walls were all covered with large, lurid pink flowers. Worse still, heart-shaped confetti was falling from the pale blue ceiling. We went over to our table and I look over at the Gryffindor table. Where Ron was sitting looking sickened, and my sister seemed to have been overcome with giggles.

"I hate pink" I groan and my study buddies chuckle. I help myself to some breakfast as I see Harry enter the great hall. As Lockhart stands to address the school. I notice he is wearing lurid pink robes to match the decorations. Of course, I should have known he was behind this.

"Happy Valentine's Day!" he declares happily. "And may I thank the forty-six people who have so far sent me cards! Yes, I have taken the liberty of arranging this little surprise for you all - and it doesn't end here!" he tells us.

Lockhart clapped his hands and through the doors to the entrance hall marched a dozen surly-looking dwarfs. Not just any dwarfs, however. Lockhart had them all wearing golden wings and carrying harps. "My friendly, card-carrying cupids!" Lockhart announces beaming with pride.

"They will be roving around the school today delivering your valentines! And the fun doesn't stop here! I'm sure my colleagues will want to enter into the spirit of the occasion! Why not ask Professor Snape to show you how to whip up a Love Potion! And while you're at it, Professor Flitwick knows more about Entrancing Enchantments than any wizard I've ever met, the sly old dog!" he tells us.

I groan. "What's wrong Adria?" Terry asks.

"I bet my sister was one of the forty-six people who sent him a card" I tell him.

"Something wrong with that?" Padma asks.

"He's our teacher and his an idiot" I tell her.

"I bet you'll get many cards" Micheal tells me winking. I blush and focus on my food. Who'd send me a Valentine's card? Hermione is the pretty one.

All day long, the dwarfs kept barging into their classes to deliver valentines, to the annoyance of the teachers. I was very surprised when I got several cards, one song and a two gifts. One was chocolates, which I binned. Just encase they were lased with love potion, I kept the card though. 

The other was a pendant with a marten engraved in it. I smile, only one person would get me this gift. Though I wonder why George give me a Valentine's gift. I felt bad for not getting him anything. So I had the dwarf wait and I wrote a note to George a note. Thanking him for the pendant and wished him a happy Valentine's day.

I've been wearing the necklace sine then. Anyway, it's late afternoon and I am on my way to charms. Which we share with gryffindors. When I round the corner I see a dwarf sitting on Harry's legs and giggle.

"Here is your singing valentine:

His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad,

His hair is as dark as a blackboard,

I wish he was mine,

he's really divine,

The hero who conquered the Dark Lord" the dwarf sung playing his harp. Trying valiantly to laugh along with everyone else, he got up. As Percy Weasley did his best to disperse the crowd, some of whom were crying with mirth. I see Malfoy with an old looking diary. Since when did he have a diary?

"Give that back" Harry says quietly.

"Wonder what Potter's written in this?" Malfoy asks tauntingly. A hush fell over the onlookers. Ginny was staring from the diary to Harry, looking terrified. I wonder why.

"Hand it over, Malfoy" Percy tells him.

"When I've had a look" he states. I draw my wand and point at him.

"Expelliarmus" I say disarming him of the book. I catch it and hold it out to Harry. "Don't know about you lot, but I have charms to get to. So I suggest we all go to our classes" I state.

"To right, everyone to your classes" Percy says. "Off you go, off you go, the bell rang five minutes ago, off to class, now" he instructs. I join Hermione, Harry and Ron on their way to Charms. "I'll have to report that Granger!" Percy calls after me.

"You do that" I tell him.

"I don't think Potter liked your valentine much!" Malfoy tells Ginny. Who covered her face with her hands and ran into class. Snarling, Ron pulled out his wand, too, but Harry pulled him away. Ron didn't need to spend the whole of Charms belching slugs.

"Since when did you have a diary Harry?" I ask.

"It's not mine, it belonged to a Tom Riddle who went here fifty years ago" he state lowly.

"Anything about who opened the chamber?" I ask curious.

"It's blank, talk about it more later" Hermione tells me as we take our seats. I nod and take my things out. After class I went to great hall with the others. I give George a smile from across the hall before taking my chair as he smiled back.

"What was that?" Padma asks me.

"Nothing" I say as I play with my new pendant.

"That's new" she states.

"It was a gift" I tell her.

"From who?" she asks excitedly.

"No idea" I lie.

"Liar, you know who and like him" she says teasingly.

"What's going on here?" Tony asks as he joins us.

"Adria has an admirer" Padma states.

"Who?" Terry and Micheal ask.

"Not a slytherin is it?" Tony asks.

"I'm not saying anything" I tell them. Food appears and I focus on dinner. Afterward dessert I go to my dorm room and do my homework. Before calling it an early night.

A/N

Picture above of pendant.

Planned Future Chapters:

Cancelled Match

Hermione Wakes Up

Journey Home

Then starts Prisoner of Azkaban.