Stone and Norbert

Adria's POV

Hermione returned and I was so happy to be reunited with my twin sister. The following morning Ron is studying his frog cards. Harry is patting Hedwig, while looking at his text book. While Hermione and I study for up coming exams. "Look at you playing with your cards. Pathetic! We've got final exams coming up soon" Hermione reminds Ron.

"I'm ready! Ask me any question" he tells us.

"All right, what are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?" I ask him.

"I forgot" he mutters sheepishly.

"And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?" Hermione asks him.

"Copy off you" he says.

"No you won't!" Hermione and I tell him firmly.

"Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell" Hermione tells him mater of factly.

"That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us!" Ron whines. He looks at his next card. "Dumbledore again!" he exclaims throwing it onto the table.

"What's that sound?" I ask when I hear soft thumps. We all turn to see Neville hoping towards us. With his legs locked together.

"Leg-Locker Curse?" Ron asks.

"Malfoy" Harry says.

"You have got to start standing up to people, Neville" Ron tells him as he reaches us.

"How? I can barely stand at all!" Neville exclaims as he wobbles uncontrollable.

"I'll do the counter-curse" Seamus offers holding up his wand.

"No, that's all I need... you to set my bloody kneecaps on fire" Neville says.

"I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom" Seamus tells him annoyed "Besides, if anyone cares to notice, my eyebrows have completely grown back" he states pointing to them. Before leaving and I notice the bland spot on the back of his head.

"Shouldn't we tell him about his bland spot?" I ask Hermione. Before she can answer Harry exclaims that he'd found him. "Who?" I ask him.

"Nicholas Flamel, listen to this" he tells us as he reads the back of Dumbledore's frog card. "Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark Wizard Grindelwald in 1945. For his discovery of the 12 uses of Dragon Blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner Nicolas Flamel" he reads out loud.

I share a look with Hermione. "Follow us" Hermione tells them. We pack up our books and rush out of the great hall. Neville shouting at us about the counter curse. We soon reached the library and Hermione went to get the book.

I explain to the boys how Hermione and I had borrowed it before Christmas break for a bit of light reading. Hermione returned with is and placed it on the table. "This is light?" Ron asks us. We ignore him.

"Here is it" Hermione says pointing at a paragraph. "Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone" she tells us.

"The what?" the boys asks.

"Honestly don't you two read?" Hermione asks them.

"The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal" I read out loud.

"Immortal" Ron says.

"It means you'll never die" we tells him.

"I know what it means" he grumbles.

"The only stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday" Hermione reads. "That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone" she states.

"But something that rare must have more then a three headed dog guarding it" I state.

"Agreed, we should ask Hagrid. We'll go see him tonight" Harry tells us. "Adria meet us in the entrance hall at nine" he tells me. I nod my head and we go back to studying.

(Time skip)

That night we went with Harry, Hermione an Ron to see Hagrid. Under Harry's invisibility cloak. Hagrid told us what other teachers were helping to protect the stone. They were Professors Flitwick, Sprout, Snape, McGonagall, Quirrell and Dumbledore himself. Hagrid said it was a waste of time as no one knew how to get past Fluffy (the three headed dog) except for him and Professor Dumbledore.

I wanted to ask him questions about Fluffy and what other magical creatures he looked after, being Hogwarts Game-Keeper. When there was a rattle from the cauldron over the fire place. Hagrid went to it and took something out of the pot over the fire. It looked like some sort of egg. Hagrid placed it on the table in front of us.

"Uh, Hagrid, what exactly is that?" Harry asks him.

"It looks like some sort of egg" I tell him.

"I know what that is, Hagrid how did you get one?" Ron asks him shocked.

"I won it. Off a stranger I met down at a pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid off it, as a matter of fact" he tells us. Suddenly it hatched and a baby dragon appeared amongst the broken egg shells. According to Ron it was a Norwegian Ridge-back, he knew because his older brother Charlie worked with them in Romania. As Hagrid tickled the dragon he called Norbert's chin, it released a small burst of fire. Burning Hagrid's beard a little and I giggle as Hagrid said he (Norbert) needed to be trained a little.

"Whose that?" Hagrid asked us looking out the window. There stood the last person we wanted to see. Draco Malfoy turned around and ran back towards the castle. Hagrid told us that we better leave and head to bed. So we left his hut and headed for the castle.

But as we entered the castle Professor McGonagall appeared with Draco behind her. We followed her to her office where we each lost 50 points each, including Malfoy because we were out of bed after hours. We all received detention for the following night, before McGonagall sent us all back to our dorms to sleep.

Draco returned to his common room grumbling about getting into trouble. Hermione lead the other boys Gryffindor tower. While I made my own way to Ravenclaw tower wondering what they'd do with Norbert. Once I entered the common room, I went to my dorm. Where my dorm mates were already sleeping. So I got ready for bed quietly before going to sleep.

A/N

Picture above of the book and picture on the external link of Norbert.