Secret Room

Adria's POV

So it's the first weekend of the school year and I'm annoyed. Hermione and all my female friends are all acting like love struck fools. All having crushes on Lockhart. And Draco still hasn't apologized for what happened at the book store. "Why so blue?" George asks as he sits beside me at dinner. While I play with my food.

"Hermione and the girls are acting like complete fools over Lockhart. And I have a ton of homework, but no one to compare notes with" I state.

"Not that you need help, your the best student in your year. Closely followed by your twin" he states. "What you need is a distraction, to have some fun" he tells me.

"But I have two essays due on Monday" I tell him.

"Do them tomorrow" he tells me. "I know just the place to cheer you up" he states.

"Where?" I ask him curious.

"Do you trust me?" he asks.

"Of course" I tell him.

"Then come on" he says holding his hand out to me. I take it and he helped me out of my seat. Before letting go and we left the great hall. We went to the seventh floor. "Wait here and close your eyes" he tells me. I do so and hear him begin to pace back and forth. Soon I feel him grab my hand. "Keep your eyes closed" he tells me.

He guides me into a room and I hear the door shut behind us. "Open" he tells me and I do so. To see a sort of study with three bookshelves. Two arm chairs, a couch and fireplace.

"What is this place?" I ask him.

"No idea, Fred and I hide in here last year. It was a broom closet then, I came back to investigate it. And discovered it turns into whatever you want it to be. Even a toilet" he says with a chuckle.

"It's amazing" I tell him. "How does it work?" I ask him.

"You just pace in front of it several times thinking of what you need" he tells me.

"Wait, I've heard of this room!" I exclaim.

"You have?" he asks me curious.

"It was mentioned in Hogwarts a History. A secret room that turns into whatever a witch or wizard requires. But it's unplottable, so it can never be put on a map. Most people found it once by accident and never found it again. It can only be found by those who know where it is or have been shown it" I explain.

"Did it have a name?" he asks me.

"The room of requirement, though some call it the come and go room" I tell him.

"I think I've heard the elves mention that before" he tells me.

"Elves?" I ask.

"House elves, they work in the kitchens and do the laundry. Tend to the fires, that sort of thing" he states.

"Interesting" I say and I look around the room. I think about becoming an animagus and a book appears on the table. I pick it up and start to read it. "Yes" I say happily.

"Still want to be an animagus I see" George says as he looks over my shoulder.

"Sure do and this gives you instructions on how to become one" I tell him happily.

"I didn't know a potion was required, seems complicated" he states.

"It is, I've never seen a more difficult potion" I admit. "Can this room supply ingredients?" I ask him.

"No" he answers.

"Damn" I say.

"I could get you them" he offers.

"That would be helpful, but I should study this book first. Along with everything else about the process. Don't want anything going wrong" I tell him.

"Smart, so ravenclaw" he tells me and I giggle. "Glad you're in a better mood" he adds as he grabs a book. We take an arm chair each and begin to read our books.

"Thanks, you always know how to make me feel better and to take my mind off of things that are bothering me" I state. "Can I use this room to practice spells and to brew the potion?" I ask him.

"Of course, it'll be our little secret" he tells me with a wink. I giggle. "By the way, if you ever need someone to study with. I'd be happy to help" he adds.

"Thanks, but I'll be ok. Besides, some guys in my year in my house have noticed I have no one to study with. What with my dorm-mates being love struck idiots, so offered to let me study with them. At least until the girls come to their senses" I tell him.

"Well the offer is there is you change your mind" he tells me. We continue to read in silence. "We should go, it's nearly curfew" he tells me.

"Since when do you car about rules?" I ask him.

"I don't, but I wouldn't want to ruin your school record" he tells me. I nod and we put our books down. I memorize my page number and we left the room. We wen to the grand stair case, then went our separate ways. After I thanked him for showing me the secret room and cheering me up. I enter my dorm.

"Adria!" Terry calls. I see him with Anthony and Micheal. Studying. "Want to study?" he asks.

"Sure, let me get my books" I tell him. I go get my books and join them. I start to do my two essays. I finish the drafts, I'd go over them tomorrow. I said goodnight to the boys and returned to my dorm. I got ready for bed and call it a night. Feeling very tired.

A/N

Picture above of the room.