First Trip to Diagon Alley

Adria's POV

Friday came around quickly. I got up early because of Hermione. She knows I enjoy my sleep in on holidays. Annoying older twin sister. But there were choc-chip pancakes. So it was not so bad. After breakfast we all went to the living room. Dad was already at work. Mum is reading the morning newspaper. As Hermione and I play a game of chess.

When the clock strikes eleven there is a knock at the door. Mum goes to answer it. As Hermione and I continue our game. "Check" she says taking out one of my pawns.

"Check mate" I say taking out her knight as mum reenters the room. With a strangely dressed old man wearing half moon shaped glasses. We stand up and I stand slightly behind Hermione. I was always nervous around new people and he is pretty tall.

"Hermione, Adria this is Professor Dumbledore your future head master" mum tells us. "Professor Dumbledore, my daughters Adria and Hermione" she says.

"Pleasure to meet you" Hermione says and I nod my head in agreement.

"The pleasure is all mine dear girls. Are you all ready to go to Diagon Alley?" he asks us.

"Yes" we say together.

"Well lets be off then, I shall give you directions Mrs Granger" he tells our mother. She nods her head and we get into her car. She drives us to a pub.

"Why are we at a pub?" I ask confused.

"It's the muggle entrance to Diagon Alley" he tells me. We enter the pub. We go to the back room and he pulls out a wand. "Watch carefully" he tells us. He taps one of the bricks. Three up form the bin two to the right. The bricks begin to move. A small hole appears first but soon forms a large archway. "Welcome Grangers, to Diagon Alley" he tells us. "Now first things first, we must exchange currency at the bank" he states.

"What's the exchange rate?" mum asks him. They start to talk about money. I know mum had brought six hundred pounds. She usually spends half of that. But knowing she might have to change it for less, she brought double.

As we pass a shop I notice a beautiful pale eagle owl on a perch. I look at her mesmerized. "We'll get her later" Hermione tells me. We catch up to mum and Dumbledore. I start thinking of names for the owl and think Nancy is a good name.

 I start thinking of names for the owl and think Nancy is a good name

Once we exchanged money we went to a clothes shop. We were measured for our school uniforms by a magical tape measure. We then went to get our other supplies and books. When we went to the wand shop Mr Ollivanders to get our wands. Professor Dumbledore disappeared. Hermione went first.

After several tries and blowing up a vase. She finds her right wand. It is 10¾ long, made of vine wood, and possessed a dragon heart-string core. It was now my turn. It took longer to find mine, but on my ninth try I finally found my wand. It was 9 3/4 long made of willow with a dragon heart-string core.

There's a tap on the window

There's a tap on the window. We look to see Professor Dumbledore holding a cage with Nancy inside it. I squeal and rush outside. "For you Miss Granger, I trust she'll be a fine companion" he says handing her to me.

"Thank you, I love her" I tell him smiling.

"Professor Dumbledore, you didn't have to do that. We were going to buy her an owl" mum tells him.

"Oh it was my pleasure, but you still need to get owl treats" he tells her. "I see you girls now have your wands. I must tell you, that you are not allowed to perform magic outside of school until you're seventeen. But you may practice wrist movements and incantations" he tells us. We nod our heads in understanding. We collected our robes and some owls treats for Nancy.

(Time skip)

On the way home. Professor Dumbledore explained how owls are used to deliver letters in the wizarding world. How they know exactly where to go and can always find their way home. So Hermione and I promised mum that we'd write at least once a week.

When we got home Professor Dumbledore gave us each a train ticket. He explained how to get onto the platform before disappearing into thin air. We go inside. Hermione and I get a head start on reading our text books. Transfiguration fascinated me. While Hermione was drawn towards charms.

When dad got him I introduced him to Nancy. We then had dinner as a family. Before Hermione and I went back to reading our new books. Since we had extra money. We brought a copy of Hogwarts a History to share. We read it before bed learning about the four founders and the four houses they created. I hope Hermione and I are in the same house.

A/N

Picture above of Dumbledore and picture on the external link of Diagon Alley. Pictures in the chapter of Nancy and Adria's wand.