Talk with Snape

Adria's POV

I decided to talk to Professor Snape. So left my common room and made my way to the dungeons. I take the less traveled route to avoid being spotted out of my common room after curfew. Even though there is the chance Snape will take points from me anyway. It's a risk I'm willing to take to protect one of sister's friends.

When I reach Snape's office door, I knock. "Enter" he says. I enter to see him with Draco Malfoy.

"I'm sorry professor, I didn't know you were busy. I can come back tomorrow" I tell him.

"Draco was just leaving Miss Granger. Whatever you wish to discuss, better warrant you being out of your common room after curfew" he tells me.

"I promise it is" I tell him honestly.

"Very well" he says and turns to Draco. "About what we were discussing, you may try out. When you make the team, you should speak to your father about acquiring a faster broom then Potter" he tells him.

"I well sir, have a good night" Draco says and winks at me before leaving.

"What is your business being out after curfew Miss Granger?" Professor Snape asks me.

"It's about what happened to Harry at the quidditch match" I tell him.

"Why come to me about that?" he asks me curious.

"Because I believe you were trying to save Harry, not jinx him" I state.

"What makes you think I did anything?" he asks.

"I saw you through my sister's binoculars. But I also saw someone else staring directly at Harry, not blinking. But he wasn't saying anything. I believe he was doing a non-verbal spell" I explain.

"Who did you see Miss Granger?" he asks me.

"Professor Quirrell" I tell him.

"What makes you so sure it was him?" he asks me.

"Someone bumped into him and when I looked back at Harry. He'd regained control of his broom" I state. "But I can't understand why Professor Quirrell would jinx Harry's broom. You it's plausible, as Gryffindor was in the lead. But I can't think of a reason why Professor Quirrell would do it" I tell him.

"It is odd" Snape states. "Thank you for coming to me with this, now return to your house before I deduct points" he tells me.

"But I can help" I tell him. "I have an Eidetic memory, I could help" I state.

"You are a bright witch, Miss Granger. But you are a first year student. It'd be wrong of me and unethical to involve you in this matter" he tells me.

"But I could go unnoticed, no one would suspect anything" I tell him.

"My answer is no Miss Granger. I shall handle this" he tells me firmly. "And if I discover you poking your nose into it any further. You will wish I took house points" he states. "Do you understand?" he asks me.

"Yes professor Snape" I say.

"Good, now return to your common room" he tells me. I nod my head and go to leave. "One moment, take this" he says handing me a note. "Encase you are seen by someone" he states and I nod my head in thanks. Before leaving his office.

I start to make my way to the entrance hall, when I'm pulled into an empty classroom. "This had better be important Malfoy" I say as pull my arm out of his grasp.

"How did you know it was me?" he asks me. I give him a dead pan look. "Right, Ravenclaw" he says. "Anyway, I thought we could talk" he states.

"I'm a muggle born and you're a pure-blooded Slytherin. I don't see what we could have to talk about" I tell him.

"You're smart" he states. "And my father isn't happy that I am not beating you and your sister in some of my classes. It's bad enough when we tie, it's unforgivable to my father if I come second to you and your sister" he explains.

"And this concerns me why?" I ask him.

"I was wondering if we could study together in secret?" he asks.

"You want to study with me? A muggle born witch?" I ask him.

"I know it's unheard of, which is why no one can know" he tells me. "Would you be willing to study with me?" he asks.

"It would be nice to study with someone else nearly as smart as Hermione and I" I state. "Fine, but no one can know" I tell him. "I think once a week should suffice, but we'll need somewhere private to study" I tell him.

"I'll find a place and owl you" he tells me.

"Ok, use my owl. Her name is Nancy" I tell him.

"She's a eagle owl right?" he asks.

"Yes, a pale one and I'll use Budo when I message you" I state. He nods his head. "Good night Malfoy" I say.

"Night Adria" he says and I raise an eyebrow at him. But he ignores it and leaves the room. I sigh running a hand through my hair. Wondering what I had just agreed to and praying I don't regret it. I return to my common room without trouble and got ready for bed. Then call it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Professor Snape and Draco in Snape's office.