Christmas at Hogwarts

Adria's POV

I decided to stay for the holiday's whilst Hermione went back home. Even though I won't have many friends. My parents understood why I wanted to stay as I said I wanted to keep up with my studies and didn't question it like Hermione. I went to the station to say goodbye to Hermione as she went home for the holidays. Before going back to the castle heading towards the library.

As I was looking for the book I wanted in the transfiguration section George Weasley appeared from around the corner. "Where is Fred?" I ask him. Although I wasn't paying much attention to him, still looking for the book I wanted. But I did know it was unusual for one twin to appear without the other in tow.

"He's with Lee in the common room waiting for me to get back with a book for our newest prank. What are you looking?" George asked when I didn't look at him. I was confused why they needed a book for a prank but shrug it off.

I sigh  and turn to face him. "I'm looking for a book on becoming an Animagus" I whisper to him.

"You're looking int the wrong section" he tells me and I frown in confusion. Becoming an Animagus is one of the branches of transfiguration. What other section would it be in? "Follow me" he says and leads me to the Defense Against the Dark Arts section. He lead me to the section and found the book I was looking for and gave it to me.

"Thank you" I say with a grateful smile. And go to borrow the book. George followed me to Madam Pince and then we leave the library together. Heading back for our common rooms.

"So what did you want the book for?" he asks me curious.

I look around before pulling him into a girls bathroom that was not being used anymore. Due to the ghost that haunts it. "I'm going to try and become one myself" I tell him quietly.

"That's advance magic, I can keep it a secret and if you need any help. Feel free to ask me" hr tells me. I was so happy that I throw arms around his neck pulling him into a tight hug smiling.

"Sorry" I say pulling away. "I'd love the help, but first I had to go read this book. See you around" I tell him before heading for my common room. When I arrive I go to my dorm room and sat on my bed. Then started to read on how to became an Animagus and the warnings. Nancy landed on my shoulder and watched as me read the book.

Dropping a letter. It was from Draco telling me to have a good Christmas and that we'd study on the first Thursday night the beginning of term and the Astronomy tower. I decide to owl him back later and return to my book.

(Christmas morning)

Padama Patil woke me with Nancy's help as she screeched loudly. When I woke up I followed Padama into the common room. Parvati already there as she is spending the holidays in our common room We join her and I open my first present from my parents. It is a pair of jeans and new sneakers as my old ones had just about had it. Hermione got me a book on magical creatures and how to care for them. I hope she likes the copy of Hogwarts a History I think as I open my next present. It was a home made blue knitted jumper from Mrs Weasley with a bronze 'A' on it and some chocolate frogs. I smile making a mental note to thank the twins later and put it on.

Once we finished opening our presents, we go down to the great hall to have breakfast with the others who stayed for the Christmas holidays. Padma and I are the only Ravenclaws. I get letter from my family thanking me for their gifts. And I give Nancy something to eat before sending her away with a reply for my family.

For the rest of the day I hanged out with Fred, George and Lee playing games. We even went down to the Quidditch pitch to play a game of Quidditch in pairs using the Quaffle. George and I against Fred and Lee, it ended in a tie between the two teams.

Afterwards I hanged Harry and Ron in their common room. Then we (Addie, Fred, Ron, George, Lee and Harry) all went outside and had a snow ball fight. First years against the third years, who won. But it was a fun day.

We went back inside and all changed into warm clothes before going to the great hall for dinner. George and I  broke a bonbon together. Which I won and getting a two candy canes, so I gave one to George. For dessert we shared a slice of Christmas pudding as I couldn't ate it all myself.

Then I returned to the common room to hang out with Padma and Paravati.  I sat in front of the fire and continue to read my animagus book. I had an amazing day, but miss my family and our traditions.

So I decided to go to bed early and said goodnight to everyone. Once in my dorm I notice Budo and a small parcel. I frown in confusion and open it to see a charm bracelet. With a raven charm.

Merry Christmas Adria, from Draco. I bit my lip feeling guilty. He got me a gift and I didn't get him anything. I grab my wool and needles & knit him a green scarf. I send it back with Budo with a thank you note and wishing Draco a happy Christmas. Before changing into me winter pj's, brushing my teeth and calling it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Adria's knitted Weasley sweater and picture in chapter of George.