First Day of 2nd Year Classes

Adria's POV

After I returned home, Hermione and I read our new books together. Though I didn't want to read Lockhart's books. I did. Most of it was about his likes and dislikes. Honestly I don't he think did any of the things in his books. Hermione does though. And she's supposed to be smart.

Anyway we've returned to Hogwarts for our second year. It was nice to see my dorm mates again. Harry and Ron weren't at dinner. And got detention and had letters sent home. Ron got a howler this morning from his mother during breakfast. My first period was study hall and since I had no homework. I wen to the library to continue my research on how to become an animagus. But I don't have the recipe for the potion, it's in the restricted section. How to get it?

After Study Hall, I had Transfiguration. This year we have it with Slytherin. Where we turned beetles into buttons. Only half of the class and I succeed. After that we had potions with Hufflepuff while Slytherin had study hall. In potions we were given a lecture on the Wiggenweld Potion and then given homework to do a two page essay on it.

We then had Defense Against the Dark Arts with Gryffindor. Where were given a test by Lockhart. It was all about him, nothing to do with the subject. I wasn't going to do it, but I didn't want my grade to drop. So answered every question correctly. Then handed it to him and he marked them all.

"Tut, tut—hardly any of you remembered that my favorite color is lilac. I say so in Year with the Yeti. And a few of you need to read Wanderings with Werewolves more carefully—I clearly state in Chapter twelve that my ideal birthday gift would be harmony between all magic and non magic peoples—though I wouldn't say no to a large bottle of Ogden's Old Firewhisky" he explains. He gave them another roguish wink. I roll my eyes while the other girls sigh dreamily.

"But Miss Hermione and Adria Granger both knew my secret ambition is to rid the world of evil and market my own range of hair care potion. Good girls! In fact full marks! Where are Miss Hermione and Adria Granger?" he asks. Hermione raised her hand.

"Quite excellent! Take ten points for Gryffindor and Ravenclaw" he says looking at us. "And so to business" he adds heading over to a covered cage. "Now be warned! It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizard-kind! You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. All I ask is that you remain calm" he tells us.

In spite of myself I lean forward, eager to see what's in the cage. "I must ask you not to scream, it might provoke them" he says. Taking the cover off revealing a cage of Cornish Pixies. "Freshly caught Cornish pixies" he declares. Seamus couldn't control himself and he let out a snort of laughter along with a couple of others.

"Well, they're not—they're not very—dangerous, are they?" Seamus asks.

"Maybe not, but they love causing mischief" I state.

"Aye, devilish tricky little blighters they can be" Lockhart agrees.

The pixies were electric blue and about eight inches high, with pointed faces and voices so shrill it was like listening to a lot of budgies arguing. The moment the cover had been removed, they had started jabbering and rocketing around, rattling the bars and making bizarre faces at the people nearest them.

"Let's see what you make of them now" Lockhart says releasing them all at once. I curse, is he stupid? He didn't tell us anything about them or how to defend ourselves against them. It was pandemonium. The pixies shot in every direction like rockets.

Two of them seized Neville by the ears and lifted him into the air. Several shot straight through the window, showering the back row with broken glass. The rest proceeded to wreck the classroom more effectively than a rampaging rhino. They grabbed ink bottles and sprayed the class with them, shredded books and papers, tore pictures from the walls, up ended the waste basket, grabbed bags and books and threw them out of the smashed window; within minutes, half the class was sheltering under desks and Neville was swinging from the iron chandelier in the ceiling.

"Come on now round them up, round them up, they're only pixies" he tells us. I draw my wand ask I try to think. The bell rang and there was a mad rush toward the exit. Only Hermione, Ron, Harry, Neville and I remained. "Well, I'll ask you four to just nip the rest of them back into their cage" he states and left us to fend for ourselves.

"Can you believe him?" Ron demands as one of the pixies bites his ear.

"He just wants to give us some hands-on experience" Hermione states.

"Hands on?" Harry asks. "Hermione, he didn't have a clue what he was doing" he states.

"Agreed, luckily I have an idea" I state. "Immobolous" I say freezing all the pixies. I pocket my wand. "Hermione help me get them back into the cage, Ron Harry get Neville down" I instruct. They all nod and once the pixies were back in their cage. And Neville was safely on the ground again we left to go to lunch.

Where I sat with my house. While Hermione argue with her two friends about Lockhart. After lunch I went to charms and sat beside Hermione. Flitwick gave us a lecture on the general counter charm. Afterwards I went to the library and was meet by Draco. We started to study together in silence. As I still wasn't over his father's rude behaviour. After I finished my essay, I left with dinner. After dinner I went back to the common room. Where I caught up with my dorm mates as we hadn't the night before as we were all tired from the trip to Hogwarts.

A/N

Picture above of Adria's time table.